• Sylla
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Bannan 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 62)
    • El Ahmadi (for Sylla 76)

Gabby great first half ?? What about the miss from 1 yard ??

Worked hard, looked up for it. After the break I didn't see him

Fair enough although he had to take that chance. I didn't think he got behind the defenders much today. Seemed to be playing deep and doing lots of horizontal play.

It's quite sickening that a desperately average Liverpool side could contain us so easily. Yes we created some decent chances but that second half no show really didn't surprise me. We've recently limped to victory against the worst sides in the league. Our future still hangs in the balance.

We had a decent go but their class won out. I wouldn't knock the effort of the team though. 

Starting Bannan was a mistake, should have started Delph. Weimann going off hurt us (although he was injured? It was hard to tell). The El Ahmadi for Sylla sub was shocking. 

I was at the game and I have to admit that after the great atmosphere against QPR (which I was also at) a lot of fans pissed me off today. I don't know if it was because there were a lot of family members tagging along with it being Easter Sunday but the amount of fans wandering off throughout the match annoyed me. It's obviously worst at 40 mins and 85 mins (which I don't understand anyway, the most critical moments of each half and people are happy to miss it to either buy some manky chips or so they can get home 30 minutes earlier) but it was all through the game today. Sit down and watch the game FFS. 

Small point but how come the ref only adds 3 mins on ? Then in that 3 mins about 1.5 mins the ball was dead yet he blew smack on 3 mins

I swear the officials the FA and sky want us gone

How many times did sky mention relegation during that 2nd half

I think even if Gabby had scored with that first half chance and we had gone in 2-0 up at H-T, we would still have lost the game with that second half performance. Liverpool could have gone on to score more than two if needed.

Guzan - 7- not at fault for any of the goals, always shows passion.

Lowton - 6- I like him, but he needed to be blooded, not the first choice right back in a relegation scrap (by biggest pet peeve with pl)

Baker - 6- this lad is a very good player in the making, I like him a lot and he's another one who's had a baptism of fire, stupid tackle for the pen, but should be blooded when his mistakes aren't going to cost us (again pl should have bought/played experience till we were safe)

Vlaar - 7- solid, and feel he's much appreciated by the younger lads.

Bennett -5- not sold on this lad at all. But who else do we have?

Westwood-6- will flourish with a better supporting cast. Can pick a pass, but needs an enforcer with him.

Sylla -5- was under he impression he was a destroyer as a foil for Westwood but very average today

Bannan -0- I don't blame bannan for being under confident, not keeping possession under no pressure and timid on the ball, I blame pl for picking him.

Weimann 5 - looked a bit disconnected from the game today, had a great chance to tie it up for us

Agbonlahor-6- always worked hard, made good decisions but should have scored a sitter.

Benteke-8- gave them the run a round and they were scared shitless every time he touched the ball. "Token" good feet for a big man. Enjoy him while he's here lads as he's aff either way this summer.

Subs

N'Zogbia-6- did more than bannan in 25 mins

Delph-5- effected nothing

El Ahmadi 5 - not really enough time

As for today, everybody has nailed it, good first half, unacceptable second, where was the drive/penetration/width.

My thing is this, I don't mind pl buying or playing young inexperienced players, but get us safe before you do so, he's alienated experienced pros that may or may not be up to it, but they provide valuable experience, when were crying out for it, maybe he **** off one or two but keep what we need to get us safe, then jog them on.

It's gonna take us relying on other results. Never a good thing.

Utv

Whilst Gerrard is an absolute cock, you have to say that pass for their equaliser was absolute class. I think our lads were in awe of him and stood off him too much which has cost us the points. Vlaar looked shaky today. Nobody really excelled, gabby should have laid that one ball off to Sylla mind you.

First Half:

Bennetts early ball that Tekkers missed was a good chance

Gabby should have scored

Weimann had a simple ball to square to Gabby but fluffed it

2nd Half:

Weimann chance

Gerrard off the line

we had a fair few chances today, took the hardest one. Liverpool had a lot more and on that basis probably deserved the win. Not much room for error now. Vlaar was pretty poor today, thought Lowton played well. Although Weimann didn't have his greatest game today I think taking him off is always criminal, he is one of the few who can make something out of nothing.

We need Fulham to beat QPR tomorrow and then when we face them they'll be feeling as good as completely safe and will hopefully be in 'holiday mode' when they come to VP.

Like a fire needs oxygen, we need space and we seemed unable to create it in the second half, poor passing and  poor ball control.

also, we do not have the ability to shut teams out, when we are on top.

Once Liverpool were in the ascendency they just played keep ball, went 5 in midfield  and denied us any space to launch our attacks.... game over...they just shut up shop.

Ps Our individual errors played a large part too.

Edited by TRO

We had a decent go but their class won out. I wouldn't knock the effort of the team though. 

Starting Bannan was a mistake, should have started Delph. Weimann going off hurt us (although he was injured? It was hard to tell). The El Ahmadi for Sylla sub was shocking. 

I was at the game and I have to admit that after the great atmosphere against QPR (which I was also at) a lot of fans pissed me off today. I don't know if it was because there were a lot of family members tagging along with it being Easter Sunday but the amount of fans wandering off throughout the match annoyed me. It's obviously worst at 40 mins and 85 mins (which I don't understand anyway, the most critical moments of each half and people are happy to miss it to either buy some manky chips or so they can get home 30 minutes earlier) but it was all through the game today. Sit down and watch the game FFS. 

glad you said it, missed their first goal, with fans coming back late....they are a pissing nuisance.

What does Lambert tell them at halftime? Mystifying.

A point was there for the taking. Everyone knows the stakes. Another loss from a winning position. Imagine if those were all draws...

I have a dreadful feeling this is gonna come down to Wigan away.

Edited by maqroll

I'd like to know how the game gets 1 min extra time in the first half..... never known 1 min after any second half.

Piss off. I left as the HT whistle went and went to get a drink. I was still queueing when their 1st goal went in.

Edited by StefanAVFC

glad you said it, missed their first goal, with fans coming back late....they are a pissing nuisance.

Piss off. I left as the HT whistle went and went to get a drink. I was still queueing when their 1st goal went in.

Clark made a shocking error against Man City and got lambasted. Baker gives away a cast iron penalty in what was a shockingly poor tackle....

... and people rate him a '6'.

Sorry. His schoolboy error cost us a point (though I think Liverpool would have probably scored another anyway). He gets no more than a 3.

Â