The Wigan thread

islingtonclaret

• 1 month later...

Whelan is such a clown. Today was on talksport and said that Martinez is THE top manager in Europe and within the top 6 in world football. Blamed Wigan going down on them having the worst injury crisis ever. Said Martinez will decide tomorrow if staying or going. He also said if Martinez stays he will definitely get Wigan up and that will develop further and closer to being the Worlds best manager and that every club in World football will be clamouring to get him. What a complete and utter deluded cock!

Whelan is such a clown. Today was on talksport and said that Martinez is THE top manager in Europe and within the top 6 in world football. Blamed Wigan going down on them having the worst injury crisis ever. Said Martinez will decide tomorrow if staying or going. He also said if Martinez stays he will definitely get Wigan up and that will develop further and closer to being the Worlds best manager and that every club in World football will be clamouring to get him. What a complete and utter deluded cock!

so he is best manager in Europe but not the world. Is their a superstar manager somewhere in Chilean or Japanese we dont know about  :detect:

Here it is the yearly Whelan, Martinez meeting where because he's had no other offers Mertinez decides to stay and for some reason he's turned down other clubs...I'm guessing this year it will be Everton and Stoke.

Here it is the yearly Whelan, Martinez meeting where because he's had no other offers Mertinez decides to stay and for some reason he's turned down other clubs...I'm guessing this year it will be Everton and Stoke.

Real Madrid and Chelsea as well, they arent big enough for Martinez

Edited by Zatman

If it is Everton, I think they will really struggle in the first 6 months. Maybe even the first season. Might have a cheeky bet on Everton to get relegated (if they sell Fellaini/Baines). One thing Martinez does not do is change his style of play, it will take time for those Everton players to develop his style.

Not suprised by the news.

Players will be off from that team for certain and he has to find replacements and get them promoted. His stock has never been higher and a season in the Championship without a promotion at the end of it could damage his reputation.

Wonder which very big club he is off to.

If it is Everton, I think they will really struggle in the first 6 months. Maybe even the first season. Might have a cheeky bet on Everton to get relegated (if they sell Fellaini/Baines). One thing Martinez does not do is change his style of play, it will take time for those Everton players to develop his style.

Pretty much disagree with all of that to be honest.  

Everton play some lovely football - and so did Wigan.

Wigan this year were hugely unlucky with injuries, something like 9 defenders out at one point. If Martinez goes there he will have access to better players, a deeper squad and presumably money from the sales of Baines and Fellaini.

I expect a bit of a step back from what Moyes was achieving but no way will Everton get relegated.

Everton were playing some pretty decent passing football this season. I think Martinez would do pretty well there.

I agree. they have good footballers like Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, and I imagine their transition from MOyes to Martinez be a lot smoother than wehn MON to Houllier

Pretty much disagree with all of that to be honest.  

Everton play some lovely football - and so did Wigan.

Wigan this year were hugely unlucky with injuries, something like 9 defenders out at one point. If Martinez goes there he will have access to better players, a deeper squad and presumably money from the sales of Baines and Fellaini.

I expect a bit of a step back from what Moyes was achieving but no way will Everton get relegated.

I can see why you do feel that way, and the logic makes sense. But I dunno... I can just see them struggling big time. I don't think Martinez is that great of a manager really. Time will tell. :)

Â