The Wigan thread

islingtonclaret

Gotta say I agree with Whelan here, much as I dislike him.

I think the ball was in between the 2 of them and they both went hard for it. McManaman got the ball and followed through. It wasn't intentional but it ended up hurting the other player, it happens.

I think the ball was in between the 2 of them and they both went hard for it. McManaman got the ball and followed through. It wasn't intentional but it ended up hurting the other player, it happens.

Madness, did the Newcastle player dive in with his studs knee height? It was a reckless and dangerous tackle that should of been punished.

Apparently the da can't do anything as one of the referees saw the incident, I'm going for the linesman as halsey was blocked. Can it unlucky, personally I think he was poorly positioned. On a mission to send us down after that penalty he gave Southampton. Why do they not get punished?

Dave Whelan on;

TackleEssienITV_228x183.jpg

“ The worst tackle I’ve seen for a long time. You can’t go over the top like that. It was so dangerous. It has no place in football. How Hamann didn’t break his leg, I’ll never know.

“Essien’s tackle was like the one that broke my leg in the Cup Final in 1960. Norman Deeley went over the top, but it was different then, there were no TV replays. The referee didn’t even give a foul, but it absolutely finished me. It was a nasty tackle.”

Dave Whelan on;

article-2295249-18BD34AD000005DC-567_634

‘It brought all the memories back.‘It was a similar situation, with the ball bouncing between two players, and I thought, “Oh no, not again”. 

‘If people think football is for  fairies, it’s not. It’s a game for men and it’s tough.’

What a joke that man is.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 4

Absolute disgrace by the fa. Shows how out of touch they are... Have heard the reasonings, and still think its a joke.. You can guarantee if that was a utd player getting injured or as others said a stoke player making the tackle then a ban would have been given.

As for whelan what a horrible little man.

Quite ironic that Whelans career was finished by a nasty tackle. You would think he'd have sympathy with the Newcastle player.

Think he's got this one massively wrong. Hopefully he'll realise his mistake and keep his big gob shut.

Would LOVE to send them down on the last day. Then lets here what he has to say about Roberto "he's too good for Aston Villa" Martinez.

Quite ironic that Whelans career was finished by a nasty tackle. You would think he'd have sympathy with the Newcastle player.

Think he's got this one massively wrong. Hopefully he'll realise his mistake and keep his big gob shut.

Would LOVE to send them down on the last day. Then lets here what he has to say about Roberto "he's too good for Aston Villa" Martinez.

What I would love is; with us to be safe going into the last game, we recall Hutton (with a permanent deal already in place for him to leave) and he maims at least 5 players avoiding a foul on each, he then scores a last minute goal with his hand to send Wigan down..

• Like 1

What I would love is; with us to be safe going into the last game, we recall Hutton (with a permanent deal already in place for him to leave) and he maims at least 5 players avoiding a foul on each, he then scores a last minute goal with his hand to send Wigan down..

We don't need Hutton to do that......Delph will do!!!

Sorry mate, everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that jazz.

But you're just plain wrong here. Not saying it was intentional, but that doesn't matter. It's still a shockingly bad challenge. It can't be defended.

Absolute disgrace by the fa. Shows how out of touch they are... Have heard the reasonings, and still think its a joke.. You can guarantee if that was a utd player getting injured or as others said a stoke player making the tackle then a ban would have been given.

As for whelan what a horrible little man.

To say that they are out of touch implies that they ever were in touch.

Just incompetent and honestly illogical.

I am actually starting to really dislike Wigan.

Their manager is a smug, above his station, smarmy tosser.

Their chairman is a biased, blinkered tosser who thinks the media all love him, his small time little club and arrogant manager.

I'd really enjoy sending them down on the last day, if they have the last laugh this season it's really gona be tough to take for me.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

I think that's a bit harsh on Martinez tbf. He is one of the few genuinely decent blokes in football.

On Whelan though, you are bang on the money. :)

Edited by choffer

I am actually starting to really dislike Wigan.

Their manager is a smug, above his station, smarmy tosser.

Their chairman is a biased, blinkered tosser who thinks the media all love him, his small time little club and arrogant manager.

I'd really enjoy sending them down on the last day, if they have the last laugh this season it's really gona be tough to take for me.

the media do love him though. Its similar to Harry Redknapp. the arse licking he got from Sky was disgusting wehn defending the tackle. 

Redknapp, MON and Whelan getting relegated would be a dream season

Â