The Wigan thread

islingtonclaret

I think Martinez would be better off going to Malaga, it suits his style, if he goes to Everton it may be a disaster, following on from Moyes will be difficult and don't think the Everton faithful will be impressed with tippy tappy stuff outside there penalty box.

I think Martinez would be better off going to Malaga, it suits his style, if he goes to Everton it may be a disaster, following on from Moyes will be difficult and don't think the Everton faithful will be impressed with tippy tappy stuff outside there penalty box.

As long as he wins I'm not sure Everton fans will give a monkeys.

We didn't seem to care when O'Neils hoofball was getting us into 6th place did we?

Zola for Wigan anyone?

Some Wigan players to Evernot ?

If Wigan had stayed up then I'd say that's where the smart money is. It might still happen but IMO it's a bit less likely now with them in the same division as his current employer. As for Wigan players to Everton, if Martinez goes there then yes I'd say there'll definitely be some crossover. How much, I don't know. There can't be many Wigan players who could play that high up the league. Some though, definitely.

Thats the problem, Martinez doesn't win till the end of the season.

Moyes was the same remember. It was always Everton's first few months of the season that made a hames of their season and meant they played catch-up. It'll be just what they're used to.

Zola for Wigan anyone?

Some Wigan players to Evernot ?

If Wigan had stayed up then I'd say that's where the smart money is. It might still happen but IMO it's a bit less likely now with them in the same division as his current employer. As for Wigan players to Everton, if Martinez goes there then yes I'd say there'll definitely be some crossover. How much, I don't know. There can't be many Wigan players who could play that high up the league. Some though, definitely.

I did think about the same league argument you have put forward but excluded that on the basis that the player situation at Watford is not what I would call stable and IMO,  Wigan are the better prospect

His wigan record is pretty shocking really

152 games

38 wins

43 draws

71 defeats

25% win rate.

Yes but he still kept them in the division for many years and won the FA Cup. Great choice for everton

152 games

38 wins

43 draws

71 defeats

25% win rate.

Yes but he still kept them in the division for many years and won the FA Cup. Great choice for everton

I think he is an overrated manager. Potato head got Wigan higher. He is very media friendly which is why he get mentioned for every job going, but honestly his record isn't that good.

I did think about the same league argument you have put forward but excluded that on the basis that the player situation at Watford is not what I would call stable and IMO,  Wigan are the better prospect

Yep, agreed and it's why I think it could still happen.

152 games

38 wins

43 draws

71 defeats

25% win rate.

I think he is an overrated manager. Potato head got Wigan higher. He is very media friendly which is why he get mentioned for every job going, but honestly his record isn't that good.
His record isn't that good, 1 win every 4 games, the fact he kept wigan up with that record, and won the fa cup is quite an achievement though. Edited by Jimzk5

I'm not gone on that win percentage way of rating a manager. It makes draws as bad as defeats. It's much more accurate to work out the points he accrued compared to what was possible. Based on the above, he could have got 456pts. He got 157. That's 34.4%. Not great, but a fair bit better than 25%.

Still think he will struggle at Everton to begin with, isn't it great being us at the minute not having the turmoil of looking for a new boss, remember this time last year, even watching bloody Molde games and following plane locations haha.

Â