• Sylla
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bennett (for Baker 20)
    • N'Zogbia (for Sylla 54)
    • Bowery (for Weimann 84)

Superb win, to go out and claim 3 points after being pegged back twice was excellent. I knew it would be tense and nervy, but the 5 minutes of injury time was just insane!

Andy Weimann had a superb game and was involved in everything. Guzan once again saved us on numerous occasions and had a brilliant game. No-one really had a stinker (well, apart from the ref) although our defence once again backed off any QPR attack far too much. Our attacking play, when we eventually get into the final third after a gazillion sideways passes, is intricate and dangerous. Its just the defence that is letting us down.

I think we are getting there but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Great to get one over Redknob though, the way the ref had an absolute shocker, I thought he'd slipped him a bung before the game!

I see a lot more mental strength in our younger players now. Last week, Baker has a terrible error but still puts in a good performance. It was the same for Bennett today, I thought he was much improved in the second-half. Both defensively and going forward.

The lads did well to dig out a win, Guzan motm for keeping us in it in the first half. Football is a game of fine margins and we had a few of them go for us today, which is about time.

Let's hope no complacency sets in, thinking we are safe already.

• Like 1

Epic game. Tension, mistakes, goals; shattered!!

Guzan 9 - Truly world-class saves in first half. Has been a real positive this season.
Baker 5 - Funny hearing Lambert shouting at him just to carry the f*ck on!! Culverhouse was not exactly sympathetic either!!
Vlaar 7 - Rock. Works hard but with minimal fuss.

Clark 6 - Some lazy clearances (anywhere will do) but made few mistakes
Lowton 6 - Looks composed, stronger on the front foot than defending

Westwood 7 - A young Ian Taylor? Keeps game ticking over, simple passes and often ignored come full-time. Just needs to be a Villa fan...

Bannan 4 - Not good enough. Might as well give them a goal kick when he takes a corner of free-kick. Useless.

Sylla 6 - A poor man's Reo-Coker. Going to get more red cards than goals for Villa!!
Gabby 8 - Crucial goal, always full of running but lacked final pass

Benteke 7 - Yes he's scored a ton of goals but I don't think we'll miss him THAT much - slightly over-rated even?!
Weimann 10 - Individual performance of the season. Chased everything, great finish, great assist, good defending. Epic.

Subs:
Bennett 3 - Not good enough, even for the Championship. Not just because of the goal - he looks weak, lost and lacks basic skill.
Nzogbia 8 - Swung the momentum in our favour, looks threatening going forward and forms a good partnership with Lowton/Weimann
Bowery 5 - odd substitution, but didn't do much right or wrong!

Oh Harry, you bitter and sad little man. You can say how you should've been 4 or 5 up, but you weren't, and you lost fair and bloody square. You can fool your mates in the media to believe that you're a good manager but the rest of us know you're an over-rated baboon.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Great win for the Villa boys. Not a great performance by any stretch but we kept fighting. Cud have easily folded once it went 2-2 but we stuck in.

Why did 'Arry take off Zamora. Awful decision by him unless he was injured but it left them weaker up top and allowed us bak in the game.

Guzan made a seasons worth of world class saves in one half. Love him!! Weinmann played out of his skin.

Up the Villa

I see a lot more mental strength in our younger players now. Last week, Baker has a terrible error but still puts in a good performance. It was the same for Bennett today, I thought he was much improved in the second-half. Both defensively and going forward.

I think Vlaar old be behind that. When baker scored the og last week, Vlaar was he only one to go over to him and tell him to get his chin up and get on with it. He did the same too with Bennett today, only something little but important.

wigan win both their games were down. long way to go but a very good confident boosting game. no doubt Liverpool will be back to their best next week

I'm taking the positives and based on form I would replace us with Sunderland in your sentence. We have 10 points out of the last 18, they have 2. Who knows, glad we have points in the bag

Yep, much better to have the points in the bag than games in hand. I can see Wigan losing focus with the fa cup, I hope they get to the final. For me Sunderland, Southampton and Norwich will be scrapping. I'm thinking 7 points will be enough, im looking to the fulham and Sunderland home games as wins and a point somewhere else!

Guzan was fecking magnificent. What a keeper.

Referee was obviously a recipient of one of Arry's brown envelopes. Total ****.

As for Redknobb...

AaujvxN.jpg

• Like 3

I feel exhausted. Delighted though. I agree with most of the ratings, Vlaar, Guzan, Lowton, Westwood stood out. An extra special word for Weimann, I can't speak highly enough of his effort, he puts others to shame. 

No point focusing on the negatives today but first half they were much the better side. What changed the game for me was them taking off Zamora (presumably injured?). Once they had Remy upfront on his own he wasn't prepared to work hard and chase down balls and he couldn't hold the ball up. The ball wouldn't stick upfront for them like it did in the first half and we ended up with wave after wave of attack. Their second goal was a fluke I think but hard to tell from my position but Taarabt came on and certainly sparked them. 

A game with so many twists and turns. It was pretty epic to watch. I loved the effort from the team today, sure I question the ability of some of them at times but I can't knock the effort at all today. 

To stop them with the momentum they had coming here was some achievement. 

Sylla hardly did anything wrong today. It was the poor excuse for a referee flashing a card at any Villa player who looked his way that got him a yellow.

I didn't think we were especially poor in the first half, we were just not direct enough. We played with more urgency in the second (credit to Lambert) and it worked better.

If I was Rodgers, I wouldn't fancy coming to Villa Park next.

• Like 1

I feel exhausted. Delighted though. I agree with most of the ratings, Vlaar, Guzan, Lowton, Westwood stood out. An extra special word for Weimann, I can't speak highly enough of his effort, he puts others to shame.

No point focusing on the negatives today but first half they were much the better side. What changed the game for me was them taking off Zamora (presumably injured?). Once they had Remy upfront on his own he wasn't prepared to work hard and chase down balls and he couldn't hold the ball up. The ball wouldn't stick upfront for them like it did in the first half and we ended up with wave after wave of attack. Their second goal was a fluke I think but hard to tell from my position but Taarabt came on and certainly sparked them.

A game with so many twists and turns. It was pretty epic to watch. I loved the effort from the team today, sure I question the ability of some of them at times but I can't knock the effort at all today.

Agree with the zamora bit, he was the difference in the first half.

Personally thought Sylla did pretty good. He is a pretty safe and calm player who picks out easy passes. Something we really need, but not really in this match. I look forward to seeing more from him, has a big chance to become a regular in our squad. Guzan, once again has another solid performance. Just wow, what a fantastic goalkeeper. Weimann shows how it is done, massive work rate and makes a big difference in the team today. Benteke was not really good today, but vital goal. He is such a good finisher, but he certainly is no playmaker. Massive strength as well, as he showed several times today. 

All in all, that was pretty rough. So nervous, so happy. Big match today. Maybe we can take on pool next week as well if we are in for it. 

Â