• Sylla
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bennett (for Baker 20)
    • N'Zogbia (for Sylla 54)
    • Bowery (for Weimann 84)

Finally, we win a game where we are a bit lucky in the process. Remember Newcastle? N'Zogbia hits the post and then Cabaye goes to the other end and scores. Now, they hit a brilliant free-kick (taken nowhere near where it should have been mind) and we scored minutes later.

Great to create chances against a reasonably good defensive unit as they have turned out to be, and we have another chance through Lowton as well.

6 points out of 6 from two incredibly important games, finally we turn up to games we should catch something from. It's looking pretty good!

I'm so elated. We all felt the worst when they scored but as others have said, we're gaining a bit of momentum and working as a unit (finally). Huge win, see out the season lads and see where we go. We're looking much, much better. 

Massive win. I don't think I've ever been so nervous during a game before. Heart was pumping.

Guzan motm for me, with Weimann as a close second.

Friend wasn't our friend today.

Redknapp is an idiot and I really hope this was the nail in their coffin as they might now have lost their momentum.

And Bennett made up for his misstake for their first goal by assisting Weimann and continuing his run freeing up some space for Weimann to score. And then made a good tackle at the other end just after the kickoff. Well done, Bennett.

And where can I contact sky to complain about word removed Francis? Why the hell is he commentating on every f**king Villa game? It's ridiculous.

What a **** shit excuse of a referee the referee is

- QPR back pass, no indirect free kick

- Zamora blatantly offside, play on and Samba got his shot away

- QPR get an advantage and got at goal and missed, so they get the free kick for a second change

- Townsend and Bosingwa kicked Agbonlahor to bring him down twice, not one yellow card

- 5 mins of Fergie time from out of nowhere

- QPR allowed to play on and on after the 5 mins until they finally managed to get a shot

• Like 1

Great to get the win, but let's not get carried away about the performance.  The first half was dire.  Great passing about leading to f*ck all until QPR scored and we skipped the passing entirely and went directly to giving it away with an immediate attempt at a perfect through ball that just wasn't there.

2nd half much, much better, but still looked vulnerable the few times QPR actually managed to get past our midfield.  I got very nervous once they got their second.  The game opened up and we still had too many attacks that fizzled because of poor choices and gave them opportunities to counter.  General comment from neutrals was an entertaining game but not necessarily because of quality on show.

Am I the only one that wants them to play more of a possession game when we enter the final 10 minutes with a lead?   We could have done with a bit of the passing we started the game with.   Instead, pushing for the 4th goal even when there's nothing on and give the ball back.  Goal kicks directly out of play.   I say play it out of the back.  Even if you give it away at the half line it's no worse than a goal kick that's lost and probably wastes more time.

A couple harsh ratings for Bannan.  Bias really shows.   By no means a great game for him, but I don't see how he gets rated 4 and 5 when the others all get 6,7,8.  First half would have been much worse if not for him.  Helped keep possession at key times and actually got stuck in and won some physical tackles, which is one of the things he constantly gets slated for.  Seems some folks decide some of their player ratings before the game starts.

WOOOOHOOOO

Okay people we're a couple points clear of the relegation zone now, please for the love of god don't **** it up

Six, not a couple.

Means nothing till we are on equal games, If wigan win there two games in hand then the reality of it is... We are back in the bottom 3!

The players seem to want it more now and are showing some resilience .

Baker last week after the OG, gets his head down battles on and puts in a great shift.

Bennett yesterday, terrible error for their 1st goal but he did really well after that. Great character.

Oh and Lamberts celebration for the winner. Class.

Bugger Newcastle winning, they're only 3 points ahead of us.

Nah, we want a Newcastle win.

At the end of the day all that matters is the 3 teams below us pick up as few points as possible. When Newcastle/Sunderland/Southampton are playing teams in no danger of relegation then yeah, we want them to lose.

The players seem to want it more now and are showing some resilience .

Baker last week after the OG, gets his head down battles on and puts in a great shift.

Bennett yesterday, terrible error for their 1st goal but he did really well after that. Great character.

Oh and Lamberts celebration for the winner. Class.

I think it wasn't that awful an error from Bennett. I mean, if either Bannan or especially Westwood aren't scared of the ball there it's not an issue. I think to come back last week and win, then to come from behind, take the lead, throw it away and still win this week shows some really great fight in the team especially in such big games.

Â