Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

rjw63

Still think we'll lose unfortunately as the candle faced one has an Indian sign over us frustratingly

The saggy chops hoodoo aside, our record against qpr is pretty poor,can they be considered a bogey team with 22 wins over us to our 17 over them?

I haven't seen a lot of qpr this season but our defense has been better the past few games. Sure, you can say Arsenal and City were off the boil but part of that has to be credit towards our discipline and a more spirited effort. Consider also that between west ham and reading, the only goals conceded were own goals.

Having said that, we'll probably get smashed now but I'm optimistic

Don't feel nervous (yet), it's about 5c outside , little wind but pouring with rain as it has been all night. Pitch will be slippy , expect a few errors in defence and midfield in these conditions, perhaps a penalty today due to a mistimed tackle or the ball skipping up off the surface on to someone's arm / hand. Just hope lady luck is with us for once today.

This will be a war today... One we have to win. I would love nothing more than to shove the words back down HR's throat as he's been trying to play mind games all week. He thinks he has QPR on one of his "miracle rolls" & that we are there for the taking & he will have instilled that into his team for sure.. they will go for it early on in a big way for me as he believes if they can go 1 or 2 up that we will turn on the players..... We must make sure that does not happen!! We need to show this man what Aston Villa FC is all about & send them home packing with nothing!  If we do that we could destroy their confidence for the run in & almost doom them to relegation instantly. If we don't that could easily happen to us instead........As i said ...WAR!

Rain has finished here. This will be difficult, they're a physical team with pace and power and we can struggle against that, they're on the up albeit they've started a long way down and they'll be sniffing a miracle right now. We do have that front three that can put a hole in anyone though. We need a big day from one of Benteke, Weimann or Gabby.

I'm a little more hopeful this morning, but I think draw.

Gabby will score and we will win 3-1, Samba getting sent off for hauling gabby down, QPR are shit, don't let the hype of Old Arry get to ya Villa. UTV

Edited by tinker

Have no idea how this is going to go. We've been playing better the last few weeks and the result against Reading should be a huge confidence boost, but QPR seem to be getting their act together recently as well. 

We'll need a big performance from Benteke, Gabby and Weinman but I'm backing us to come out on top 2-1.