Financial figures - year ending 31/5/12

chappy

It does make him easier to sell up, if we stay up and maintain this financial direction, he'll have  club in a good state financially which should be easier to sell. 

What is it that you think the truth of his stewardship is?

Does anyone have any idea of how deep Randy is into the club money wise? I have seen a lot of different figures quoted over the years. But other than the money he gave to Deadly and the £20m he agreed to spend on players as part of the deal to buy the club what has he since put into the club? How much of that is in the form of loans? How much has he taken out in say salary/interest? What is our overall level of loss since he took over?

Does anyone have any idea of how deep Randy is into the club money wise? I have seen a lot of different figures quoted over the years. But other than the money he gave to Deadly and the £20m he agreed to spend on players as part of the deal to buy the club what has he since put into the club? How much of that is in the form of loans? How much has he taken out in say salary/interest? What is our overall level of loss since he took over?

I have not read these last accounts, but before this season, he has put in an equal amount in new equity as the loans. For example one season when he loaned the club 20 million pounds, he put in new equity at 20 mill.

I think he now has loaned the club ca 120 million and put in 120 million in new equity. Adding the 60 mill he paid for the club, he has so far spent/given away/invested 180 mill in the equity and put in 120 in loans. If I recall the numbers correctly.

I recognize that without Randy Lerner's £250m+ investment in this club and his gift of  over £100m, we'd be in a world of shit - I'm grateful for that investment.

I also recognize that because of what Randy Lerner has done with the £250m+ that's been invested in the club, we're on the verge of a world of shit.

Yin and yang. 

He's made a shed load of mistakes.

He's paid for all of em.

These accounts say we're on the way back towards a starting point.

Lots of ill-informed nonsense posted in this thread. This is why our accounts are bad and we are in the shit.

Randy employed MON and gave him a free reign. MON at the time was the man and enjoyed almost (i say almost) Mourhinhio like status. However this coincided with the emergence of Barca style possession football teams were adopting. MON did come close to getting us into the Champions League but his methods in the end proved to be dated. We were left with lots of average(British) players on huge wages. We had to sell Downing, Milner and Ash as we weren't going to get into the Champions League  and our accounts would have been even worse if we had kept them. Since then subsequent signings haven't paid off and then forced/unforced managerial changes have made us unstable. 

So who is to blame? Well ultimately it's difficult to blame Randy. Everyone on here would have wanted MON at the time and to take a gamble into the Champions League, but it's just unfortunate football changed and evolved whilst we were playing some Brian Clough 80's stuff.

This just shows how important it is to have a chairman who understands the game and can foresee happenings both on and off the pitch. (David Dean anyone?). Unless the money pit is bottomless you need this. 

Just look at Swansea, a club much smaller than ours with very little financial resources, but by adopting the correct methods on the pitch they have found success. We didn't, hence failure.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

He remains a fairly generous owner. Has put a lot of money in and is gradually scraping his way to making the club breakeven. He made some very poor hiring and spending decisions but boy has he paid for them.

I still think for someone who wants to put in another hundred million AVFC could be a packed stadium again and profitable even with high earning star footballers, but that is not the plan any more. I accept he tried for that and it didnt work out so now we are going to be run cheaply. It is what it is.

It really shouldn't take much of a business man to have a club like Aston Villa finishing in or around the top 8 season on season. By simply being competitive in the Premier League we can comfortably be in amongst the top 6 - 8 clubs in terms of money we can bring in. It is only 2 years ago in 2010/11 that in terms of revenue we had the 7th highest in the League comfortably ahead of the likes of Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland and way ahead of Fulham, West Brom, Stoke.

A club like Aston Villa should not be having to battle relegation for the third season in a row and should most certainly not have been in a position in January where when in desperate need of reinforcements the best we could finance was a second division French lad and a loan signing who had been plying his trade in the MLS for years. It is simply not good enough and Lerner should hang his head in shame.

This is a great club and still has great potential and it is so sad to see it all going to waste.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Lots of ill-informed nonsense posted in this thread. This is why our accounts are bad and we are in the shit.

Randy employed MON and gave him a free reign. 

Sorry about this - last time I raised it I said I wouldn't mention it again.

But if you come here  with all guns blazing about "ill-informed nonsense", well, live by the sword, die by the sword.

it is free REIN as in the REINS on a horse, which you loosen up when you want a horse to go fast ("free REIN").

Reign is what the queen does.  :mrgreen:

I recognize that without Randy Lerner's £250m+ investment in this club and his gift of  over £100m, we'd be in a world of shit - I'm grateful for that investment.

Thats only your opinion and not a fact.

Ellis could easilly have sold to somebody whom knows how to run a Football club properly, so maybe we wouldent be in the factual world of shit we are in at this moment in time.

And as for gestures.

Instead of waiving interest payments, why did he not give his manager the 17 million during January?

Randy employed MON and gave him a free reign. MON at the time was the man and enjoyed almost (i say almost) Mourhinhio like status. However this coincided with the emergence of Barca style possession football teams were adopting. MON did come close to getting us into the Champions League but his methods in the end proved to be dated. We were left with lots of average(British) players on huge wages. We had to sell Downing, Milner and Ash as we weren't going to get into the Champions League  and our accounts would have been even worse if we had kept them. Since then subsequent signings haven't paid off and then forced/unforced managerial changes have made us unstable. 

So who is to blame? Well ultimately it's difficult to blame Randy. Everyone on here would have wanted MON at the time and to take a gamble into the Champions League, but it's just unfortunate football changed and evolved whilst we were playing some Brian Clough 80's stuff.

This just shows how important it is to have a chairman who understands the game and can foresee happenings both on and off the pitch. (David Dean anyone?). Unless the money pit is bottomless you need this. 

Just look at Swansea, a club much smaller than ours with very little financial resources, but by adopting the correct methods on the pitch they have found success. We didn't, hence failure.

Did you read that in the Beano or are you just making it up?

Too bad Ianrobo has sold his blog. He has sent med the latest two accounts earlier.

If anyone get the accounts of Reform Acquisitions, please send me a PM.

Ian sold his blog?

Might be worth a PM to Risso about the accounts as he sometimes gets hold of them. Then again they should only be £1 or so from Companies House, no?

Â