Financial figures - year ending 31/5/12

chappy

Lerner's only failing was in allowing MON to financially cripple us and set us up for years of misery - its amazing how many Villa slate Learner but still find kind words for MON !

Because who had the **** ability to say no?

Who had all the power and control of the club?

What MON spent is what it takes to finish high enough to qualify for europe.FFS look at how much ManUre,Man Shitty,Chelski,Arsenal,Spurs etc spend to get where they are,! and we are buying players from the lower leagues and keeping wages at 40k a week. 

So Randy waived his interest payments, which if he chose not to, would of left us 37m in debt?

So just how much is this fake taken out the club in the past?

He hasn't taken money out of the club, he puts in vast amount very year just to keep us afloat.

If we wanted, he could have counted all the money invested into Villa as a loan, but he didn't. Over half was given to Aston Villa as equity, which means not a penny has to be given back to Randy.

he may be terrible with his decisions, but one thing you can't fault him with is the amount of his own money he has put into the club.

the majority of it which he will never get back.

It just shows you that you might think cutting costs will reduce losses but when you cut costs in the wrong way revenue falls (worse league position, lower attendance, less sponsorship) and it becomes a vicious circle that ends in disaster. This is where we are now.  Any business man with half a brain would have realised that it was worth risking spending some money in January to try to stay up this season and get the £75m TV money. Too bad Randy couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The thing is boys and girls. We are partly responsible for the decline.

Want the club to be a success...? get yourselves down there. Buy the season tickets, buy the shirts....

Average attendance is way down on last season - if its all about turnover and the financials why are we not putting all we have into supporting the club. Why should we expect to have it done for us?

EDIT its business in the services industry. Why are we still clinging to ideal of some late-Victorian Association Football Club. The only way you win in this game is to have more money than the next bloke - and we're skint.

Embrace it, enjoy the odd win here and there and get over it.

Edited by Eames

Lerner has put truckloads of money into Aston Villa, money he won't be seeing again. He has made poor decisions in his time here and wasted a lot of that money leaving us in a poor position. It is one thing to critisize him on his poor decision making but it doesn't make sense to claim he is like Ellis, taking money out of the club. They are both frustrating owners but they are frustrating for very different reasons.

Trouble us, he's put loads of money into the club but seems to have achieved a poorer quality squad season on season since 2009, so it feels like he is taking money out of the club because we have seen the massive fees achieved for our star players not properly reinvested in the squad.

The thing is boys and girls. We are partly responsible for the decline.

Want the club to be a success...? get yourselves down there. Buy the season tickets, buy the shirts....

Average attendance is way down on last season - if its all about turnover and the financials why are we not putting all we have into supporting the club. Why should we expect to have it done for us?

EDIT its business in the services industry. Why are we still clinging to ideal of some late-Victorian Association Football Club. The only way you win in this game is to have more money than the next bloke - and we're skint.

Embrace it, enjoy the odd win here and there and get over it.

Give the fans something to support and you may find more turning up.

Whilst there is a team called Aston Villa, wearing claret and blue there is something to support. It's Villa til I die, not Villa unless Randy invests, or Villa til the Championship.

• Like 1

Im not all clued in with the whole business thing but I fail to see how you can loan your OWN company money and then charge interest on the loan. That makes no sense to me at all.

If I buy an ice cream truck, loan it £1k for stock, and then want £1k back plus interest back, aren't I just taking money off myself?

I must be missing something  :blink:

Im not all clued in with the whole business thing but I fail to see how you can loan your OWN company money and then charge interest on the loan. That makes no sense to me at all.

If I buy an ice cream truck, loan it £1k for stock, and then want £1k back plus interest back, aren't I just taking money off myself?

because randy lerner is not a benefactor like the owners of man city or chelsea, or even qpr prepared to right off 100s of millions every year with no financial gain.randy wants us to be self sufficient but his probably going to relegate us doing it.

Still on the bright side it helps his tax payments

What tax payment . He's gone down the amazon route

US taxes, though that depends on how much passive income he's getting (e.g. from BofA).

Separate legal personality and all that (loans are from the Lerner trust, too, no?).

Separate legal personality and all that (loans are from the Lerner trust, too, no?).

Exactly right.  Rich people tend to keep their money in trusts, as it's a time honoured way of making the money not yours legally, but leaving you as a beneficary of the trust's assets.

• Like 1

Â