Financial figures - year ending 31/5/12

chappy

Lerner doesn't deserve any praise for waiving interest on loans to the club. FFS it is his club, he chose to buy it why the **** should he be charging interest. Wasn't it previously reported in past years he had already taken millions out of the club in interest payments?

He's given the club over £100m out of his own pocket and now he's lent us the same at what appears to be a rate of zero interest. He may spend his money like an idiot. He may be an idiot, but at least he spends his money on my football club - hopefully at some point he gets clever or lucky and we get something worth the price he's paying.

He's given the club? its his **** club. Why should he be charging interest against something he owns. Your right though he has spent a fair few quid on the club he owns. Its just a shame that as you say he is an idiot and for all the money he has spent he has ultimately taken us backwards. Every single one of this great clubs fantastic supporters is suffering due to him being a **** clueless idiot who has no business sense. He inherited his money from daddy so perhaps for a time it was easy come easy go.

I just hope for all our sakes like you say he gets lucky and we stay up.

He's given the club over £100m.

On top of that, he's loaned the club over £100m and he's now waived the interest on those loans.

For all that he doesn't seem to have a lot of sense in spending it, I think he deserves a little credit for the money he's spent on the club.

And yes, it's his club, he bought it - he'll most likely never get what he paid for it back and he'll never see that £100m again. A fool he may be, but he's the best fool this club has ever had. Our last chairman was nobodies fool, he took £60m out of the club with him - that was my money and it was your money - this club is pissing money up the wall, but for the most part, it's Randy Lerner's money. He's paying for his own lessons, even if thus far he's not shown that he's learning much.

Top post.

Those who think lerner is bad for "loaning" the club money at zero intrest that he will, realistically never get back, should look at the accounts of blackpool, who's £70million they earnt from a season in the prem went into the chairmans pocket (search football365 its on there). Lerner is a fool for putting so much money into the club buying into the dream of top 4

Only heard about a Facebook posting on a villa/blues banter page. It mentions David Thomson. Have only seen a link about it..nothing else.

Worth around $23 Billion.. Big into Hockey i believe

Edit that according to Forbes it is now $17.5 Billion

Edited by danceoftheshamen

OK just to show my support for a club I don't own I will not ask for any of the money I have given it and I also waive my rights to interest payments on that money I have given it!

Jeeezzz give the man a Knighthood :rant:

• Like 3

Only heard about a Facebook posting on a villa/blues banter page. It mentions David Thomson. Have only seen a link about it..nothing else.

David Thomson, owns Reuters and richer than Abramovich. That's never going to happen, is it? We're not that lucky.

Sounds like pure BS

Sounds like pure BS

Sure does CI   :(

OK just to show my support for a club I don't own I will not ask for any of the money I have given it and I also waive my rights to interest payments on that money I have given it!

No ones asking for him to be knighted, just to realise the money he has put into a club to try and make it successful, which has failed miserabley, but atleast he gave it a try

Lerner's only failing was in allowing MON to financially cripple us and set us up for years of misery - its amazing how many Villa slate Learner but still find kind words for MON !

Lerner's only failing was in allowing MON to financially cripple us and set us up for years of misery - its amazing how many Villa slate Learner but still find kind words for MON !

Please don't include me in that number :)

Because who had the **** ability to say no?

Who had all the power and control of the club?

• Like 3

Hear hear well said Paul33

Haha yeah it must all be Mon's fault.

That £15 million paid in compensation to previous managers has done nothing to our finances.

Wages paid to Ireland, given and Bent probably do nothing either.

Drop in attendance and lower income must also be his fault as well.

• Like 2

It's quite a big failing when you're the one holding the purse strings.

No ones asking for him to be knighted, just to realise the money he has put into a club to try and make it successful, which has failed miserabley, but atleast he gave it a try

Shall we praise him for downgrading us to a poxy mid table championship side, because believe me, thats what that statement about self proficency entails. Shall we praise uncle Doug for letting Big Ron splash the cash and give it go?

Cant wait for the bollox they come out with when selling season tickets for the championship.

Yes he did not fail at all when it came to appointing clown managers then having to pay them rediculous amounts of money to get rid of them

He financially crippled himself with such shite decision making

His only failing?  :crylaugh:

Are you seriously offering that as a defence? It's his club and his money but he let someone else spend it in a way that crippled the club?

If true (and I've never really believed it) it just shows he's incompetent and not fit to run a premier league club. We deserve better than that.

OBE has hit the nail squarely on the head. There will no doubt be endless pages of name-calling and insults to Paul Faulkner to follow, but really, just read what he wrote, it's the truth.

Yes, he's hit the nail on the head

A fool he may be, but he's the best fool this club has ever had.

Â