Financial figures - year ending 31/5/12

chappy

But what if he'd fired him? Answer that question instead. What would the reactions from the fans have been? Rage? Most likely. It's not as black ro white as you seem to think. BJ10 for example, has put it clear several times that letting MON go was something he didn't like. I mean, after all MON did quit most likely because of the cut backs in spending. Probably a year too late, so he didn't cave in for too long, did he? And now we are where we are, but still MON has nothing to do with it, despite our wages going up £30m in his last season. Wages spent on players like Habib Beye, IIRC. Maybe that's when Lerner thought enough's enough? Big wages on players that almost never played and we didn't get closer to the CL and he decided to cut the costs and use another strategy. A strategy that I guess MON wasn't on board with, so jumped the ship. But no, no faults lie on MON's shoulders.

Who is in full control?

It really does come down to that.

Swansea have half our wage bill. It seems they pay a low wage rate but offer high bonuses. How sobering.

Wouldn't bonus's still be under your wage bill in the accounts - I don't think they're presented anywhere else, so I'm assuming that both figures would include bonus payments.

Swansea have half our wage bill. It seems they pay a low wage rate but offer high bonuses. How sobering.

Wouldn't bonus's still be under your wage bill in the accounts - I don't think they're presented anywhere else, so I'm assuming that both figures would include bonus payments.

Not if they dont get their bonuses

Not if they dont get their bonuses

A good point, although I suspect they'll have picked up more than we will this season.

Â