New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

Right, finally got a chance to have a look at the on-line shop and the new kits, and I have to say that I like them!  Macron's attention to detail is spot on, and I think the kits are spot on.

Once squad names and numbers finalised, i'll be throwing some of my hard earned on a home kit with Benteke 9 on the back. ;)

Right, finally got a chance to have a look at the on-line shop and the new kits, and I have to say that I like them! Macron's attention to detail is spot on, and I think the kits are spot on.

Once squad names and numbers finalised, i'll be throwing some of my hard earned on a home kit with Benteke 9 on the back. ;)

Ohh risky, I like it! I'm gonna go for Weimann and whatever his number may be next season if it changes from 26!

Right, finally got a chance to have a look at the on-line shop and the new kits, and I have to say that I like them! Macron's attention to detail is spot on, and I think the kits are spot on.

Ohh risky, I like it! I'm gonna go for Weimann and whatever his number may be next season if it changes from 26!

I'm gonna play it even safer and go for Hutton 2. No one will want him so I'm pretty sure he'll still be here

Just as i finnished posting i re-read my last post " three year contract is the NORM" made me think off Sir Norman Wisdom, looked it up on Google and guess what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYzwukAvL0 and in the away strip, what the f*** Macron have seen it before us and surely that's a copyright infringement.

Took me a while to work out what on earth you were going on about there, lol. That's quite a wieldy sentence.

The clip is a good 'un though. Old Norm was apparently quite the boxer and a good footballer too. Some of the defending was a bit Villa-esque in that clip.. :D

Edited by StanBalaban

Just as i finnished posting i re-read my last post " three year contract is the NORM" made me think off Sir Norman Wisdom, looked it up on Google and guess what http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYzwukAvL0 and in the away strip, what the f*** Macron have seen it before us and surely that's a copyright infringement.

Took me a while to work out what on earth you were going on about there, lol. That's quite a wieldy sentence.

The clip is a good 'un though. Old Norm was apparently quite the boxer and a good footballer too. Some of the defending was a bit Villa-esque in that clip.. :D

Yeah sorry about that, made more sense when i first wrote it in reply to someone elses comment about a short contract, but before i could post a reply Bickster close the forum so had to post here. Good old Norm would make a great team captain @LFC.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3216082,00.html

So it's been confirmed that Junior shirts and the Youth team will wear shirts displaying the 'Acorns 25 logo' for the 2013/14 season.

Nice touch I suppose for Dafabet to allow this, looks like they're definitely trying to build a good relationship with the club and fans.

Acorns, the Club's official charity partner, will have their 'Acorns 25' logo displayed across the front of shirts worn by the Villa youth team during the 2013-14 campaign.

Premier League restrictions on sponsorships mean that junior shirts cannot feature the logo of Dafabet, the Club's new official main sponsor.

But Dafabet's desire to work with the Club in our continued efforts on behalf of Acorns has been demonstrated with their support for the Acorns brand being displayed on junior shirts, acknowledging the Club's long-standing association with the Midlands-based charity.

Villa Chief Executive Paul Faulkner said: "We're delighted to now be able to confirm that, thanks to Dafabet, the Acorns logo will be able to be used on our junior shirts this season. Everybody knows how special the Club's relationship with Acorns is and that was something we emphasised to Dafabet when we entered into negotiations with them. It's great that they have embraced Acorns in this way and that together we are able to give additional awareness to the charity during their 25th anniversary."

Acorns Chief Executive David Strudley added: "The ongoing support shown by the club and fans for Acorns is immeasurable and clearly demonstrated by their efforts to include us in their discussions with Dafabet. We are extremely grateful to both Aston Villa and Dafabet in what is a crucial year as we celebrate 25 years of caring and look to a future where we can help to provide care and support to each of the 2,000 plus life-limited and life-threatened children in the region."

Villa will display an 'Acorns 25' logo on both the home and away youth match shirts and junior replica shirts next season as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations for Acorns Children's Hospice.

From Wednesday, June 26, supporters who wish to buy junior replica shirts may have the Acorns 25 logo applied at purchase, except on match days.

Those fans who have already purchased a junior shirt online, in-store or from other outlets can come to the Villa Village store at Villa Park to have the logo applied free of charge.

Villa's Acorns ambassador Gabby Agbonlahor said: "The support for Acorns by Villa fans and the wider community has been incredible over the years and we want to make sure these efforts are continued.

"Acorns is very much part of who we are as a football club and raising awareness and raising funds for the children and families is vital.

"As players, having responsibilities within our community is good. There is more to life than football and Acorns is a very real reminder of this to us.

"The work carried out by the staff, the nurses and the volunteers who come in and help is inspiring and it's great we will have the 'Acorns 25' logo on all junior shirts and shirts worn by our youth team."

Edited by limpid

Hmm.  As admirable as it is, and it is, I'm not sure little Timmy will be thrilled at the idea of buying a shirt different from the one his heroes wear at the weekend.  I know the plain one is different too but that's an omission rather than an outright different 'sponsor' logo.  Good gesture from the club that might in a way hurt sales of junior replica shirts.

Â