Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

He's had a lot of time to carefully orchestrate what he and his defence team consider to be a "convincing" act in my opinion. I agree with Pieface that he seems to talking quite a lot about how all of this has affected him and almost playing the victim to a certain extent.

Yes that is a large part of the defence but its not a trial by jury so it won't have the same effect on a lady judge.

I hope you're right.

On the news just now, I noticed that he claimed that he shouted at the supposed burglar to get out of his house and for Reeva to "get on the floor" before he heard the bathroom door close... If this is true then surely she would've responded in some way to reassure him before he had time to shoot?

but unless someone can come up with a motive etc then I think he still has to go free

Free? Surely free isn't an option - he's confessed to killing someone.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe he hasn't shot his girlfriend after an argument and I think a murder conviction would be the right result, but if that doesn't come off, he wouldn't just be freed would he?

I believe that if the prosecution don't get him for first degree murder then that's it, no other charge.

He's lying

Thought his missus was still in bed, got up, got a gun and blasted someone through the door without saying anything....like 'who the f**k is that?'

He's lying

Don't matter. The investigation and prosecution have been a shambles. They can't prove anything so lying or not Oscar walks.

He's lying

Thought his missus was still in bed, got up, got a gun and blasted someone through the door without saying anything....like 'who the f**k is that?'

He's lying

Don't matter. The investigation and prosecution have been a shambles. They can't prove anything so lying or not Oscar walks.

According to his testimony yesterday he claimed he was shouting for Reeva to hide under the bed whilst shouting 'who's there' at what he thought was an intruder in the bathroom, all before pulling the trigger.

In which case you would expect Reeva to shout back 'what you on about you prat I'm having a piss'

For me, that one claim proves he is lying.

I suppose it's possible, if he was shouting for Reeva to "Stay there!" and "Get Down!" that she assumed he knew where she was and so was doing exactly that. Staying down and staying where she was.

Would she have known the shouts of "Who's there" were directed at her in the bathroom? Couldn't she have thought he was shouting it at somebody else somewhere else in the room/house? If so isn't it possible she kept quiet as she'd have probably been a bit scared?

To be honest, I find that all a stretch. But I also think they'd struggle to prove any of that wasn't a possibility.

He's lying

He's lying

What is there to prove? Intent?

She's dead, he shot her to death, surely that deserves punishment whether he believes he meant it or not. He also said that he didn't meant to kill anybody let alone her, in which case why 3 shots through a door?

He has to be found guilty of something.

I suppose it's possible, if he was shouting for Reeva to "Stay there!" and "Get Down!" that she assumed he knew where she was and so was doing exactly that. Staying down and staying where she was.

Would she have known the shouts of "Who's there" were directed at her in the bathroom? Couldn't she have thought he was shouting it at somebody else somewhere else in the room/house? If so isn't it possible she kept quiet as she'd have probably been a bit scared?

To be honest, I find that all a stretch. But I also think they'd struggle to prove any of that wasn't a possibility.

All very fair points Stevo. There is so much that does not add up, I believe he is guilty.

Trouble is though, no judge is going to sentence someone to life imprisonment because "things don't add up"

And rightfully so I suppose.

He's lying

He's lying

What is there to prove? Intent?

She's dead, he shot her to death, surely that deserves punishment whether he believes he meant it or not. He also said that he didn't meant to kill anybody let alone her, in which case why 3 shots through a door?

He has to be found guilty of something.

unfortunately not 

If acquitted, South African law stipulates that the court must consider the separate, lesser charge of culpable homicide, or manslaughter, for which he could receive between six and 15 years in prison.

Mr Pistorius also faces charges of illegally firing a gun in public and of illegally possessing ammunition, both of which he denies.

- From the BBC website - few people wondering in this thread

• Like 2

If he was shouting out as he did , surely she would have called back to him from inside the toilet  ... it's not like she was found dead with headphones in her ears

from his testimony it sounded like the events were over a period of time ( maybe minutes?) , it wasn't like he shouted and then pulled the trigger a nano second later

I think he's possibly talked himself into a guilty verdict

If he was shouting out as he did , surely she would have called back to him from inside the toilet  ... it's not like she was found dead with headphones in her ears

Dunno, like i said above, if he's shouting something like "REEVA, STAY THERE!"

and then shouting "Who's there?"

how would she know he was asking her? That "who's there" could be directed at somebody coming in the window or up the stairs or hiding in the wardrobe. She might think he knew where she was and he was asking her to stay in the bathroom.

Like I said, it's a bit of a stretch to believe that. But I'm not sure they can prove it's not true.

Â