Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

Completely got off by the sounds of it, wow

I disagree.

He can't be guilty of murder but they will convict him of culpable homicide. The judge was clear that firing through the door was unlawful but there is no evidence he intended to kill when he fired.

I disagree.

He can't be guilty of murder but they will convict him of culpable homicide. The judge was clear that firing through the door was unlawful but there is no evidence he intended to kill when he fired.

Firing four times isn't intent to kill?

Edited by Phumfeinz

I disagree.

I hope your right mate.

In a long winded way, she has kind of said 'I don't believe you but I have no proof'

Not sure how I feel about it all really. Most people think he is guilty as hell so I'm a little gutted the state have been unable to prove it.

On the flip side, I suppose I should be happy that the law is being adhered to and that we are all inoccent until our guilt has been unequivocally proven.

I think the bloke is as guilty as sin. 

so do i, but proving it is something different all together, from the start I couldnt see how they'd ever prove it, then you throw in the states legal team compared to his, think this was fairly predictable from the start

He is in that he killed her.

I don't accept what he says for a moment. First thing you do when you think there is an intruder in the house is check your nearest and dearest are ok. Especially if she is supposed to be asleep next to you but given the circumstances, noone will ever know what actually happened so culpable homicide seems about right to me.

Just watching it now. It sounds as though he is getting off to me.

Tea and biscuits time, resumes at 11.30 (10.30 best)

Yeah he's not getting done for murder of any description. Now thinking that culpable homicide verdict is looking like a nice compramise.

I thought we were told that knocking down the charge to something less in SA wasn't possible?

• Like 1

Yeah he's not getting done for murder of any description. Now thinking that culpable homicide verdict is looking like a nice compramise.

I thought we were told that knocking down the charge to something less in SA wasn't possible?

General consensus (The BBC anyway) appears to be that it is very much an option..... I presume the charges on offer have to be made at the start of proceedings although I really don't know.

I think (could be wrong) you are confusing the charge with the verdict Bicks.

There are several different verdicts that are possible in this case (I posted them earlier), what isn't possible in SA law is a change in terms of what someone is charged with.

He is in that he killed her.

I don't accept what he says for a moment. First thing you do when you think there is an intruder in the house is check your nearest and dearest are ok. Especially if she is supposed to be asleep next to you but given the circumstances, noone will ever know what actually happened so culpable homicide seems about right to me.

Yep I agree. And I think this is what most people have been saying all along.

My feeling is he probably is guilty, but that they'd never be able to prove it.

• Like 1

Â