Weekend Football 9/10/11 Feb

VillaForever1970

Presenter said when showing league table that it leaves Liverpool 12 points off 4th. What the **** has 4th place got to do with Liverpool? West Brom have just gone above them so it would have been more relevant to mention them in relation to fourth. Media are just as deluded as Liverpool fans and their manager.

Edited by markavfc40

Presenter said when showing league table that it leaves Liverpool 12 points off 4th. What the **** has 4th place got to do with Liverpool? West Brom have just gone above them so it would have been more relevant to mention them in relation to fourth. Media are just as deluded as Liverpool fans and there manager.

Agreed. They're just not that relevant anymore.

Presenter said when showing league table that it leaves Liverpool 12 points off 4th. What the **** has 4th place got to do with Liverpool? West Brom have just gone above them so it would have been more relevant to mention them in relation to fourth. Media are just as deluded as Liverpool fans and their manager.

12 pts off 4th, 12 pts off 4th from bottom. 

I would rather have Mata in our team than Bale, wouldn't say he was debatable at all.

Forgetting who is better and speaking purely in terms of who is more suited to your team, I think you'd be mad not to prefer Bale. For all Mata's quality, you are a struggling side at the moment, who aren't dominating the ball and not seeing a great deal of it in the final third.

I thin to suggest Mata would be better for you is over complicating things. You'd be far, far better off with a player who can do this out of nothing on a regular basis.

As great as Mata is, surely given your current predicament, wouldn't it be much better to have someone who can score the sort of goal Bale did on Saturday against Newcastle? He's lethal on the break and given your current issue's I think it would be far more useful to have a player who can charge from the half way line and finish.

Disagree about basically everything in this post.

• Like 1

I agree with it. I think Mata is a wonderful footballer who needs to be in a great team to play to his potential while Bale is a more explosive player who can win games on his own.

Regardless, the "my team" in my orignal point wasn't meant to mean Villa. it was meant to mean just a generic team. I think Mata adds more to a team than Bale. Obviously circumstances dictate better options at different times.

But If I was, for example, to pick a best world XI and I could only have Mat OR Bale (and had to have one of them) it would be Mata.

Edited by Stevo985

After Messi and Ronaldo, he is next in terms of dribbling/running at opposition defenders. When he is running you always feel like something will happen. He is an awesome shot and good from dead ball situations too. Before 2010 he was a very average player.

Regardless, the "my team" in my orignal point wasn't meant to mean Villa. it was meant to mean just a generic team. I think Mata adds more to a team than Bale. Obviously circumstances dictate better options at different times.

But If I was, for example, to pick a best world XI and I could only have Mat OR Bale (and had to have one of them) it would be Mata.

Agreed.

Â