Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

Who would Moyes take with him to Old Trafford then?  I think Baines is probably better than Evra and Fellaini is good enough to fit into a midfield which is starting to look a bit like dads army.  

Irish press have linked him with Coleman

I think they'll be fine, to be honest.

And I also commend them for having a bit of common sense and appointing someone hoping for stability instead of instant success. No doubt Moyes will have to deal with insanely high expectations but I think he'll be given time to build his own team, as out of all the top teams Manure are probably the best position to allow a manager time to breath.

The biggest question is Europe. It took Fergie a very long time to get the hang of it, will Moyes be given half the time to get to grips with it?

I expect Everton to really struggle now for a few seasons, especially if their key players get snapped up, which I expect they will, as I think it was the manager that bound that club together.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

If Ferguson himself hand picked Moyes, I'd think he's good enough.

A certain letter addressed to Mr R Lerner would indicate otherwise!

He didn't recommend McLeish for the Man U though did he.

Ferguson didn't write that letter of recommendation for our sakes, he wrote it to help out a former player get a new job. He didn't give a **** if it was a crap move for us though.

Who would Moyes take with him to Old Trafford then?  I think Baines is probably better than Evra and Fellaini is good enough to fit into a midfield which is starting to look a bit like dads army.

Fellaini yes , Baines possibly. Wonder if he'll have an eye on Benteke

Cant see it, Moyes isn't one to have too many great strikers on the books. He'll play with one striker, RVP and use Hernandez as his backup I imagine.

Even if Rooney leaves I can't see him buying somebody like Benteke to replace him.

Think he'll play 4-2-3-1 

De Gea

Rafael  Jones  Vidic  Baines

Carrick  Fellaini

Valencia   Kagawa  Young*

RVP

*But possibly a new signing. (However, when Villa were on our spending spree though I always thought a Baines+Young combination would be lethal, different styles of wing play giving some variation from out wide. Not as good, but similar to how I think Walker + Downing had quite a good partnership for us under Houllier. But I digress.)

I really felt for him just now on MotD.  His speech at the end of the game, just looking out at the stands from the centre circle and thinking to himself "I did this" must have been an amazing experience.   Fair play to the bloke. 

• Like 2

I really felt for him just now on MotD.  His speech at the end of the game, just looking out at the stands from the centre circle and thinking to himself "I did this" must have been an amazing experience.   Fair play to the bloke. 

Same.

I don't particularly like the bloke, and I'm nowhere near a fan of United.

But it was a nice moment. Must have been very emotional for him and everyone else.

It really will be so so strange to see United without him in charge next season!

Absolute legend and I have nothing but respect for the bloke, wish him all the best in the future and how weird is it gonna be seeing someone else in the utd dugout, sad day for football that the greatest manager of all time has quit football, I hate united and their fans and I used to hate fergie when I was younger but I learnt to respect him as the years went on,

Â