Championship Managers silly season: Ince appointed as Blackpool boss

TrentVilla

Solbakken sacked by txt whilst doing an interview for tv2

@RoundAndWhite: Norwegian channel TV2 confirming Solbakken was sacked mid-interview with them, by a text from Steve Morgan. #WWFC

There's already a pic going round of that moment. What a word removed Steve Morgan is

Edited by Jimzk5

Solbakken sacked by txt whilst doing an interview for tv2

@RoundAndWhite: Norwegian channel TV2 confirming Solbakken was sacked mid-interview with them, by a text from Steve Morgan. #WWFC

There's already a pic going round of that moment. What a word removed Steve Morgan is

classy

Taken from Nottingham Forest forums after todays loss.

What a clearing in the woods, clueless

5 in defence and can't defend and he wants strikers

Edited by Daniel

I really feel sorry for Forest fans. I like Forest, they're a club with a rich history who have had some terrible luck since we relegated them in 1998. It all looked good for them in the summer with the takeover and they were faring well in the league under O'Driscoll, but for reasons unknown to rational thinking humans, they replaced him with the biggest fraud football has ever seen.

I don't understand Alex McLeish. He is not a football manager. He has no tactics, he is shit in the transfer market, he can't motivate a team, he basically has none of the skills required for football management. Yet he still gets multi-million pound contracts to manage football clubs at (disregarding SHA) seemingly prestigious clubs. I do not sympathise with the man when he inevitably falls on his arse, he does not deserve it. He earned more when he was Aston Villa manager than I will earn in my career, yet he does not appear any better equipped for the job than me. And I'm an engineer.

Having McLeish as your clubs manager is like a handicap of only being able to field a maximum of 8 players per match. I firmly believe Darren Bent would have scored more than 9 goals last season if it was not for McLeish's brand of anti-football.

I spoke to my old man on the phone the other day about McLeish. I wouldn't be surprised if they do not pick up more than 12 points in their last 20 games. I hope for their fans' sakes that this fraud does not last the season out up there...

I really feel sorry for Forest fans. I like Forest, they're a club with a rich history who have had some terrible luck since we relegated them in 1998. It all looked good for them in the summer with the takeover and they were faring well in the league under O'Driscoll, but for reasons unknown to rational thinking humans, they replaced him with the biggest fraud football has ever seen.

I don't understand Alex McLeish. He is not a football manager. He has no tactics, he is shit in the transfer market, he can't motivate a team, he basically has none of the skills required for football management. Yet he still gets multi-million pound contracts to manage football clubs at (disregarding SHA) seemingly prestigious clubs. I do not sympathise with the man when he inevitably falls on his arse, he does not deserve it. He earned more when he was Aston Villa manager than I will earn in my career, yet he does not appear any better equipped for the job than me. And I'm an engineer.

It's because he has the support of the media and managers like Ferguson. Of course, neither of those two groups will be tipping McLeish for the Man United job when Ferguson eventually does retire.

I have no idea why the media like him so much though. What is there to like? He might be a nice man away from the public eye (I wouldn't know I've never had the misfortune of meeting him) but in interviews he comes across as dour, nasty, deluded and always eager to deflect the blame for his own managerial failings onto other people/things. I'm not even going to mention the footballing side of him because there is nothing at all to like there.

The sad thing is after he fails at Forest he will inevitably get another job at a big-ish club soon afterwards.

Edited by Mantis

Â