Championship Managers silly season: Ince appointed as Blackpool boss

TrentVilla

If he did I can only assume it was a joke and tongue in cheek because he was quite clear about it when he signed for L'pool. Given his age and being from Ireland him being Liverpool rather than Villa is logical.

I remember it too, and as Rev has said already, he was joking with the press. It was very much tongue-in-cheek.

If he did I can only assume it was a joke and tongue in cheek because he was quite clear about it when he signed for L'pool. Given his age and being from Ireland him being Liverpool rather than Villa is logical.

Oh, he was absolutely joking. He is clearly aware of the fun people were having at his expense when he came out publicly as being a boyhood Liverpool fan when he signed for them and Celtic fan when he signed for them a year later and has just decided to run with it.

I get that supporting multiple teams in different leagues is more of a thing in Ireland, and obviously Celtic have strong ties to the country but people from England are always going to find that concept a little but funny, especially those who are thirty and older (basically those in control of the media) who grew up in an era where you supported your local team.

Why can't Appleton stay in a job longer than 5 minutes?

Very strange

I'd imagine Blackpool offered him job security and a substantial pay rise over what he was getting at Pompey and Blackburn have offered him more money (and possibly a larger budget) again. A man has got to feed his family.

Keane definitely said he was a boyhood Villa fan at the press conference where we announced his signature. Obviously he was joking, but it was cool to see he had embraced the whole thing.

Surprising that there aren't more Irish Villa fans, given the strong Irish presence in the club for years. Here in Boston it's Liverpool or Man U. There's one Irishman I know here who supports Spurs...

Â