Championship Managers silly season: Ince appointed as Blackpool boss

TrentVilla

every manager does the same thing though whether its Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Alex McLeish. The way he was treated by some Villa fans was appalling. Am sure his 1st defeat was a cup game vs Bolton and he got booed off after about 8 games

Lambert has lost about 15 games this season and booing and criticism has only started happening now

Apples and oranges. Lambert had promoted Norwich twice, whereas McLeish relegated SHA twice. Fan expectations were vastly different. The fact that AM came from SHA didn't help matters. Nor did the fact that we PAID them for his "services".

That said, he didn't deserve such hate and abuse. Nobody does. Now it's Lambert and Lerner's turn, I guess.

McLeish is absolutely fine for lowly clubs. He gets his teams organized and difficult to beat.

The reason he got abuse at villa was because we still thought we were a big club who should be competing against the big boys.

Obviously with hindsight we were wrong.

every manager does the same thing though whether its Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Alex McLeish. The way he was treated by some Villa fans was appalling. Am sure his 1st defeat was a cup game vs Bolton and he got booed off after about 8 games

Lambert has lost about 15 games this season and booing and criticism has only started happening now

sorry, but its a regullary used phrase here, but that Bolton game was one of the worst performances ever seen at VP, first shot on goal was after we were 2-0 in the 88th minute

He wasn't, and still isn't, a very good manager, but I quite liked Mcleish as an individual and feel a little sorry for him with regards to the way things have turned out for him at Forest.

He did a better job here than Lambert is currently doing, with virtually no support from the club's fans.

Yet we still hate him and wish him misfortune? Nah.

Which part of 'he is shit' don't you understand?

:D

He walked and wasnt sacked so his reputation wont be that tarnished. Though he is football management, the only job you can be shit and still get another job

Bankers, CEO's of multinationals

I wish people wouldn't say 'Bankers'.

You may aswell have said 'Bosses & CEO's of banks and multinationals'.

There are thousands of 'bankers' in this country that did **** all wrong and don't get £100,000 bonuses.

(Myself being one, hence the anger :D )

The fact McLeish came from SHA is drastically overstated.

I agree.

I think if he'd come from, say, Wigan and had never managed SHA, the reaction would have been largely the same.

The problem most VIlla fans had with him coming was the fact he had spent 2 and a half seasons in the premier league and been relegated twice, and had a reputation for playing some of the worst football ever seen. If it was poor football that got results it wouldn't have been so bad. But it didn't even get that.

Fair enough, Lambert hasn't been better. But the point is at least with lambert people saw some promise and that things could (and still could) get bettter. But with McLeish, we all knew it owuld be shit, and it was, so of course the booing etc would start earlier. The reputation was there.

But the big point is, for me, that reputation was driven by his poor performance as a manager in England. Not by the club he used to manage.

If he'd taken Birmingham to the Champions League and then come to manage us I reckon we'd have been pretty happy to be honest.

Agreed. I think the fact that he came from small heath was irrelevant and the support never really got on his back too much until towards the end of the season when things turned shit. I do think there's something to those saying Lambert's getting more slack than McLeish, because we're clearly a far worse side.

Im not sure reaction be the same if we got e.g. Tony Pulis or Big Sam. I could imagine anger but not many people marching down to the gates of Villa Park and protesting like they did when Eck took over

The first time I heard any sort of anti mcleish chanting was away at wigan when he set us up for a 0-0, he was given a chance here but I think the big let down was we anticipated shopping at harrods for a manager, linked to ancelotti and benitez, then we went to aldi and got mcleish

He walked and wasnt sacked so his reputation wont be that tarnished. Though he is football management, the only job you can be shit and still get another job

Bankers, CEO's of multinationals

I wish people wouldn't say 'Bankers'.

You may aswell have said 'Bosses & CEO's of banks and multinationals'.

There are thousands of 'bankers' in this country that did **** all wrong and don't get £100,000 bonuses.

(Myself being one, hence the anger :D )

Bankers, CEOs of multinationals, Rob....

• 2 weeks later...

So Paul Ince becomes his son's manager.

What a terrible terrible appointment that is for them not least because he is going to put his son's career ahead of the club he is managing.

I'm told by people do know about these things that he was not at all liked at Notts County, was rarely seen on the training ground and spent a lot of his time playing golf.

It won't go well.

So Paul Ince becomes his son's manager.

What a terrible terrible appointment that is for them not least because he is going to put his son's career ahead of the club he is managing.

I'm told by people do know about these things that he was not at all liked at Notts County, was rarely seen on the training ground and spent a lot of his time playing golf.

It won't go well.

not 100% sure how true it is but Blackpool chairman is meant to be a nightmare to work with and could be Ince was only person willing to take it.

Dicanio would be a disaster in the premier league. Id say the reason he was a success at swindon was cus players looked up to him. The egos in the premier league wouldnt work with a manager that openly criticised them after them game and has more tantrums than a child with adhd. And as posted above, he is a short arsed facist bellend.

Roy Keane is perfect example of this

I imagine he is but I'm sure there were plenty putting their names in for the job.

I only heard it as they were tipping Atkins and some people on one shows actually sniggered saying he wouldnt want to go into another situation like Southampton

Â