The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The lack of investment over the last few season's is worrying, we are going backwards in many respects. Unable to compete financially with sides like Cardiff or Hull is heart-breaking and under Lerner it's only at matter of time before we get relegated IMO. Yes results have (so far) this season been slightly better, but we have been lucky but lately the luck is starting to run out.  Thank you Randy you were a great custodian but now its time to sell up!

Well I left at 82 minutes I think. Just really didnt want to be there.

Since McLeish become the manager we've lost 22 at home and won 11. It's no wonder people dont turn up to Villa Park anymore.

I left as soon as cleverly scored

Since McLeish become the manager we've lost 22 at home and won 11. It's no wonder people dont turn up to Villa Park anymore.

Its quite sad to see us Villa fans doing this. With all events Over the past 4 years i think fans have been broken. How much more can we take is my question. I dont earn allot but take me and the kids when i can afford. Really has got to me, feels like im throwing my cash at an owner who does give 1 dam

• Like 1

It's Lerner who has inflicted all this shit on us for the last 4 years s it's about time he got a bit of stick from the fans. If Ellis was still in charge he'd have been burned at the stake by now. Just how Lerner gets away with what he's doing to the club is just beyond me.

well to be fair he did spend a shit load of money at the start and he got burnt.

Ellis never did.

I think Randy if he cannot sustain the spending should just sell up and not to Redbull!

I'm not having a go at you personally, but this is what is wrong with modern fans!

well to be fair he did spend a shit load of money at the start and he got burnt.

Ellis never did.

I think Randy if he cannot sustain the spending should just sell up and not to Redbull!

And to be fair to Ellis we never went this long being so shit either. Yes we had bad seasons under Ellis but it usually lasted no more than one season, then he would act upon it and invest in the squad and we'd improve. Now we have a prolonged period of nearly 4 years of shiteness which is unacceptable for Aston Villa, but what do the fans do? We just sit there and take every bit of shit thrown at us without even as much as a flicker of protest.

Just what ever happened to our pro-active support?

I wonder why he still owns us anyway?  I don't see what enjoyment is in it for him anymore as the majority of fans don't support him. The club can't be turning much of a profit either imo.

Seriously, why?

Because of the huge mess he has made of the finances, it's probably not a very saleable asset.

Either a case of he wants the books balanced/profitable to try and make a sale, or he is trying to fix the mess created to have a go again himself but with a better plan in mind.

Guess we won't know which it is anytime soon although I think we're probably on our way to making a profit if we aren't already.

• Like 1

Either a case of he wants the books balanced/profitable to try and make a sale, or he is trying to fix the mess created to have a go again himself but with a better plan in mind.

Guess we won't know which it is anytime soon although I think we're probably on our way to making a profit if we aren't already.

Or he's just happy to run the club Wigan-style for the foreseeable future?

The books are balanced. We will know what the plan is this summer.

• Like 2

I suspect that the plan is still the same, i.e. spending small transfer fees on low wage, lower league and low quality players in the hope they are a small improvement on the ones we already have. The whole idea of lower the wage bill is to keep it low not to raise it back up.

We are being run into the ground by a bunch half wits.

I suspect that the plan is still the same, i.e. spending small transfer fees on low wage, lower league and low quality players in the hope they are a small improvement on the ones we already have. The whole idea of lower the wage bill is to keep it low not to raise it back up.

We are being run into the ground by a bunch half wits.

Yeah, that we are. What as Villa fans are we going to do about it. Nothing, thats what!

Â