The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If Randy is worried about money good god i,d love to see his face if we get relegated.

I suppose he's that clued up on soccer that he's probably not even bothered looking into that yet.

Randy is not worried by money. He has $650m and he still has his Bank of America shares which are still worth a little bit. Plus he owns the Browns franchise which is worth $1b and his mum is getting on and she is worth $1b so when she dies he will get another $500m from her.

I wish I was that hard up :lol:

If Randy is worried about money good god i,d love to see his face if we get relegated.

I suppose he's that clued up on soccer that he's probably not even bothered looking into that yet.

Wasnt there rumours that Randy was "against" relegation?

I know they were denied by the club but it explains alot IMO..

THIS !!!

honestly if Villa get relegated does Lerner actually realise the damage that will be done ?

Lerner Its multi millions and the fact Villa wont ever get promoted again especially going off the quality in the team at the moment. The likes of Petrov, Collins, Hutton, are typical Championship quality.

Although there will be quite a few that leave so i bet Lerner is thinking "YAY ! I can sell players then but what the dumb shit doesnt probably realise is the financial revenue the club loses.

Honestly LERNER your mediocre and you should of stayed out of things you know **** all about.

You destroyed the browns and now your annihilating villa ! BRAVA !!

I doubt that the issue is that he will not raise the funds, rather that he cannot! This is not fantasy world or charities this is business.

We are screwed because there is no new cash for investment and we have owners who really don't understand the game and the business. I suspect they know the themselves now. But sell now and they stand to loose a lot.

In their position they may well think it is wise to play and waiting game and see if they can't crawl back over the next two or three seasons.

For us though, this does not make for much of a prospect over the next couple of years.

To be fair to the Lerner's we are seeing the result of little more than a footballing financial bubble. I don't like where we are but I'd settle for this over being owned by some dictator or crook :-(

I don't like where we are but I'd settle for this over being owned by some dictator or crook :-(

We are being run by a dictator arnt we? Its not much of a democracy when every "citizen" of AVFC wants ECK out yet the top man keeps him as he has absoloute power.

I just want Lerner to come out and address the fans. Give his manager a kick up the arse for shit performances. Look at what Whelan did with Martinez (obviously DW is a douche but he is at least interested in the performances on the pitch.) Between them Randy and Faulkner have no clue whatsoever on football matters.

The only plus point we can expect to see coming up is that we should start to reduce our annual losses under the current regime of cutting back at every opportunity.

Next May I expect us to have a much better financial report as we won't have shelled out £30m on players (Makoun & Bent) as well as £12m on Managers (although it will still be hefty for the standard of manager we got) plus income from the sales of Downing & Young (offset by Hutton, Given, CNZ signings). Our annual wage bill surely has to come down this year vs. last year as well?

Saying all this though I really hope Lerner decides to sell up soon or at least look for outside investment as we are struggling to remain competitive in this league and eventually we will go down given our current rate of decline over the last 18 months.

Randy was just hoping it was all gonna work out, by selling all of our best players, Young,Milner,Downing,Barry to name a few..

To name a few?

I think you mean 'to name them all'.

Luke Young is the only other player that we sold, that I would have wanted to keep. But I wouldn't have called him one of our best players.

I would have kept NRC, I would have also kept Curtis Davies actually and to not play him due to a contract clause that said he got more money after a certain number of performances was crazy. I would have also kept Carew as I think him and Bent upfront would have given JC a new lease of life.

But there you go

I would have also kept Curtis Davies actually and to not play him due to a contract clause that said he got more money after a certain number of performances was crazy

whetehr contract issue or not their is a reason he is playing in 2nd division

I would have also kept Curtis Davies actually and to not play him due to a contract clause that said he got more money after a certain number of performances was crazy

whetehr contract issue or not their is a reason he is playing in 2nd division

So crazy that this kind of contract happens all the time. Say he wanted 30k and we said no you can have 20k then after X amount of games you can have your 30k. Or should we have just give him the 30k from day one.

What is crazy is if this contract would prevent a good player from playing or not, I would say yeah maybe it stopped Curtis from playing but was that a bad thing as he really isnt a good player at all and it kept him away from the first team. But then again maybe he didnt play again because he just wasnt that good and this comes out as an excuse from the players side ie the agent.

There have been complaints that the local press is not pressing Lerner for answers and going easy. Well this might explain why if this is what happensReporter leaves

The reporter didn't quit of his own volition, he was removed from his beat by the paper, and left in limbo for 6 weeks. THEN he quit.

I don't like where we are but I'd settle for this over being owned by some dictator or crook :-(

We are being run by a dictator arnt we? Its not much of a democracy when every "citizen" of AVFC wants ECK out yet the top man keeps him as he has absoloute power.

He owns the Club. Unless the fans stump up the money the Club, not our choice.

Tbh I think most of the anti-Lerner feeling is a bit misplaced.

The bloke has spent a lot of his own money on the club, and not just on things that will enable him to get a good return when he sells up. We would be a lot worse off if he hadn't bought the club. How many clubs have been bought by someone wealthier than RL in the last 10 years? Um, Man City annnnndddd...?

Maybe his last couple of managerial appointments have been questionable, but it's hardly as though they've been made to spite the fans.

The REAL problem is the entrenchment of the big clubs, caused by:

1. A glory-hunting culture among fans and press whereby everything is focused on a few stars and increasingly fewer big clubs.

2. The Champion's League, which exacerbates problem number 1 above, and also puts more revenue in the hands of the big clubs.

3. The loan system, which means that the best players will continue to seek contracts with the biggest clubs, knowing that they will still be able to get a game, even if they don't make the team at their chosen club.

With the CL and the loan system in place as they are, RL would be mad to try and spend his way to success. He just doesn't have enough money.

I wonder if this post will change the world.

The problem is that we have spent a shit load of money on average players on high wages over the last few years meaning that now we must cut-back. However, we are not cutting back a CL squad or even a top 8 squad but in fact a mid-bottom half squad, which means that our standards have dropped further.

We are paying the price for Lerner/MON's reign of wasting money on shit. The list of players that we have bought in for big fees and high salaries, who we have paid for a few years and then sold/released/kept at a loss is staggering. Sidwell, Davies, Harewood, Beye, NRC and Heskey are the main ones but there have been others.

Lerner invested in our squad expecting a much better return than what was actually delivered under MON.

I don't blame him for trying to sort the mess out but you don't need a manager like McLeish (or to completely ignore the fans) to do this.

Â