The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Our heritage and being the 2nd City's biggest club really works in our favour

There are also daily flights from the Gulf into BHX which could swing it

Another thing that does help is we are owned by someone that wouldn't hesitate to sell us given a good enough offer. There are many clubs like Everton who are in the same general domain as Villa but have an owner that loves the club more than money. We are one of the biggest clubs outside of the top 6 that is probably an easy buy given Lerner seems to want out anyway.

Another thing that does help is we are owned by someone that wouldn't hesitate to sell us given a good enough offer. There are many clubs like Everton who are in the same general domain as Villa but have an owner that loves the club more than money. We are one of the biggest clubs outside of the top 6 that is probably an easy buy given Lerner seems to want out anyway.

Errr, excuse me for pointing out that Kenwright has been actively seeking a buyer for Everton for 2 years , thats why they haven't spent any money in that time

Errr, excuse me for pointing out that Kenwright has been actively seeking a buyer for Everton for 2 years , thats why they haven't spent any money in that time

Although this takeover stuff is all bollocks, Everton haven't spent anything because they literally have no money. Oh and they can't get sold because their training ground is awful and Goodison isn't that good either.

Maybe it's smart to shit on this rumour, but to be honest just the thought of it happening makes Villa's current form and performance less depressing and more tolerable. Maybe I'll be disappointed in the Summer if and when it doesn't happen, but I just want a theoretical light at the end of the tunnel real or not.

pretty much exactly how I feel

Not down to the fact they are up to their eye balls in debt?

Kenwright admitted the profit from Pienaar went to paying off their overdrafts.

Exactly right. Both Villa and Everton have large debts. The big different is ours are owed to the owner and his trusts whereas Everton are owed to banks and financial institutions who are much more twitchy these days.

Size and heritage wise Villa and Everton are pretty similar although they are very much the second club in Liverpool.

We have a superb stadium and training ground whereas Goodison is shit hole as is their training ground. That probably saves a buyer at least £150m, probably more. Added to that conventional wisdom prior to Man City being sold was never buy the second club in a city and the potential catchment area for support is far bigger in Birmingham and the Midlands.

Exactly right. Both Villa and Everton have large debts. The big different is ours are owed to the owner and his trusts whereas Everton are owed to banks and financial institutions who are much more twitchy these days.

Size and heritage wise Villa and Everton are pretty similar although they are very much the second club in Liverpool.

We have a superb stadium and training ground whereas Goodison is shit hole as is their training ground. That probably saves a buyer at least £150m, probably more. Added to that conventional wisdom prior to Man City being sold was never buy the second club in a city and the potential catchment area for support is far bigger in Birmingham and the Midlands.

The only thing we have missing is someone who has an eye for a

player and can bring value to the club.

Daily flights to Dubai but direct daily flights to Doha ?

Correct, there are no commercial flights BHX-Doha. However, I don't think that matters. I'm fairly sure the head shed of QIA won't be flying in Emirates Business Class via Dubai (there is no 1st Class available on that route).

It is more likely they have a bigger private plane than Randy does, probably commercial airliner size!

2nd City's

Most people outside of the UK wouldn’t consider Birmingham the second city of the UK; Manchester would be considered that. Add the fact that Manchester teams contain the name Manchester, as opposed to London teams which don’t contain London makes them extremely marketable.

Can someone explain why a new owner is automatically better than Randy?

Because they are bound to spend lots of money and take Villa to the top

Ah ok, thank you.

In that case Randy out! New random bloke in!

It's all clear now, you obviously are concerned about Randy's ability to pick the right man, much as everybody else is. It is the only conclusion I can come to that explains your absolute worry about new owners. I guess looking at his recent background for applintments and choices both here and America, it's understandable you'd worry about his decision making the next time a big choice comes along.

Well it would certainly appear as though Randy is incapable of picking even one semi competent person to be involved with a football club.

The only person to bring any success to Villa under his stewardship is MON and he was appointed by Randy!

Literally every other person appointed by Randy (Krulak, Falkner, Houllier, Eck, et al) have all been complete and utter failures.

Hopefully Randy is in Dubai digging up a nice oil billionaire or prince who'll pour billions into the club in an atempt to at least make them competitive never mind entertaining or successful.

Literally anything would be better than the dross we are currently being subjected to

I hope we dont get bought by Arabs... or anyone tbh. We could end up with a Venkys or someone like Pompey had.

Just stick with Randy, and once he's addressed the wages as much as he feels he needs to, he'll start spending again.

I hope we dont get bought by Arabs... or anyone tbh. We could end up with a Venkys or someone like Pompey had.

Just stick with Randy, and once he's addressed the wages as much as he feels he needs to, he'll start spending again.

Err if Randy sells up, it will automatically to be someone better with shit loads of money.

The grass is ALWAYS greener.

Â