The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Anybody know anything more about these QIA takeover rumours? Was talking to a guy in the Lower North before the game today and he seemed to think it was quite likely based on what he'd seen. Apparently it's going to start breaking in March/February?

I think Randy's been a good owner but I have to say I'd welcome new owners, mainly because of the whole managerial situation.

Anybody know anything more about these QIA takeover rumours? Was talking to a guy in the Lower North before the game today and he seemed to think it was quite likely based on what he'd seen. Apparently it's going to start breaking in March/February?

I think Randy's been a good owner but I have to say I'd welcome new owners, mainly because of the whole managerial situation.

Nothing more. But I doubt it would be QIA - However its plainly obvious Randy has lost interest - and if a serious buyer made himself known I am sure Randy would sell.

Pretty sure Randy won't be the owner in the next 18 months. Everything points to him selling up

Lerner has made some massive mistakes but he can easily fix everything by selling up, and I hope he gets more than his money back if he does, as he has done a lot of good for this club. If rumours of QIA being interested are actually real one of the main reasons is down to RL improving every aspect of our club.

Would be good if actually got a manager who would keep us in the league but there you go. Wonder is QIA would still buy us if we got relegated?

If these QIA rumours really are true (and they probably aren't to be fair) then can't we get in a top class manager now with the assurance that the club will be bought and he will have massive funds in the summer? Because at the moment I'm fearing for our Premier League survival.

It looks like Lerner is happy just owning a premiership club now.

**** him, we don't need oil billionaires in charge to be competitive or to actually be entertained. We just need an owner that's not a useless bastard.

When a chairman doesn't attend game after game - and the transfer kitty dries up - in general its only going one way.

Probably reading his letter from Fergie stating how good McLeish is as a manager. The same letter no doubt that Fergie sent out to prospective clubs looking to hire Brian Kidd, Carlos Queiroz, Roy Keane and Steve McLaren as manager.

Hmmmm, looks like Fergie is a **** shit judge of character. But PF & RL are the biggest **** fools for listening.

He is the one to blame. The coward hides away when fans demand answers about the state of their club.

Happy to be seen and lap up the applause and chants when things are going well. clearing in the woods.

There has been no point where Randy Lerner has sought publicity, nor platitudes. He has always been quiet to the point of reclusiveness.

I can't recall him hiding away either.

And of course, the fans who are 'demanding answers' may only be demanding that the club tell them what they want to hear, whatever that may be.

Fergie is a genius....he thought "how can I nullify the threat of Villa once and for all?" thus, came about the letter of recommendation!

A bit late with that one. Fergie did of course hold that notion at one point, and nullified the threat by buying Dwight Yorke.

Villa have been no threat to the Scum since then.

He is the one to blame. The coward hides away when fans demand answers about the state of their club.

Happy to be seen and lap up the applause and chants when things are going well. clearing in the woods.

There has been no point where Randy Lerner has sought publicity, nor platitudes. He has always been quiet to the point of reclusiveness.

I can't recall him hiding away either.

And of course, the fans who are 'demanding answers' may only be demanding that the club tell them what they want to hear, whatever that may be.

What is very apparent is that he regularly attended games for his first 4 years as owner when things were continually on the up. Over the last 18 months during which time things have gone tits up he attended I believe around 10 games last season and has attended less than a handful this season. Of course this could all just be coincidental and him attending less and less has just coincided with us serving up crap.

Â