The Randy Lerner thread

CI

He is the one to blame. The coward hides away when fans demand answers about the state of their club.

Happy to be seen and lap up the applause and chants when things are going well. clearing in the woods.

There has been no point where Randy Lerner has sought publicity, nor platitudes. He has always been quiet to the point of reclusiveness.

I can't recall him hiding away either.

And of course, the fans who are 'demanding answers' may only be demanding that the club tell them what they want to hear, whatever that may be.

What is very apparent is that he regularly attended games for his first 4 years as owner when things were continually on the up. Over the last 18 months during which time things have gone tits up he attended I believe around 10 games last season and has attended less than a handful this season. Of course this could all just be coincidental and him attending less and less has just coincided with us serving up crap.

On the home front crap was being served up when he was attending regularly.

The last few days have so typified the Villa during Mr.Lerner's tenure. An exhilarating smash and grab victory away at a fancied side, followed by a turgid defeat at home against a team that we would expect to roll over.

Football at VP during the entire reign of Mr.Lerner has been bloody awful.

I can see how this appointment went.

Randy Lerner: Oh no, it took me a week to get organised of setting up the interview with Martinez and he doesn't even want to come. What to do, what to do...

Paul Faulkner: Well Randy, there's a letter from SAF saying McLeish is a good manager.

Randy Lerner: Wow, is he like the best manager of England or something? He knows everything. I'm gonna put this in my safe. Yeah, bring him in Paul...

*McLeish enters the next day*

Randy Lerner: Are you friends with Sir Alex Ferguson of Manchester United or something?

Alex McLeish: Erm yeah...

Randy Lerner: Thanks to you I got a letter from him and I feel like a kid in Disney land again. You're hired.

Alex McLeish: Erm thanks....

Paul Faulkner: Why am I here again?

Randy Lerner: To fetch me a cake. Oh, and in your spare time make up some story about how this Alex fits our criteria.

He is the one to blame. The coward hides away when fans demand answers about the state of their club.

Happy to be seen and lap up the applause and chants when things are going well. clearing in the woods.

There has been no point where Randy Lerner has sought publicity, nor platitudes. He has always been quiet to the point of reclusiveness.

I can't recall him hiding away either.

And of course, the fans who are 'demanding answers' may only be demanding that the club tell them what they want to hear, whatever that may be.

What is very apparent is that he regularly attended games for his first 4 years as owner when things were continually on the up. Over the last 18 months during which time things have gone tits up he attended I believe around 10 games last season and has attended less than a handful this season. Of course this could all just be coincidental and him attending less and less has just coincided with us serving up crap.

On the home front crap was being served up when he was attending regularly.

The last few days have so typified the Villa during Mr.Lerner's tenure. An exhilarating smash and grab victory away at a fancied side, followed by a turgid defeat at home against a team that we would expect to roll over.

Football at VP during the entire reign of Mr.Lerner has been bloody awful.

Well lets put it this way then he was attending regularly when we had season on season improvement during his first 4 years, finishing top 6 three times on the spin for the first time since the 1930's, achieving our highest points total in a 38 game Premiership season and going to Wembley twice. Since then over the last 18 months as we have gone backwards and its all gone tits up he has attended less and less to the point where this season he has apparently attended twice.

The coward hides away when fans demand answers about the state of their club.

Like 99% of chairmen in football history then.

I think it's just an incredibly badly written and dull piece that basically says that Alex McLeish isn't very good. Which is something that we are all fully aware of.

Doesn't change the fact it is everything we have been saying in one long list. It might be dull and boring but it works - shame our football isn't like that.

Yes, it is far too long.

Unless a letter is interspersed with pictures of big titted blondes and contains words of no more than one syllable then a good portion of posters won't have the brain capacity to read or understand it.

Don't pigeon hole us all mate, I happen to find big titted brunettes more to my taste.

Yes, it is far too long.

Unless a letter is interspersed with pictures of big titted blondes and contains words of no more than one syllable then a good portion of posters won't have the brain capacity to read or understand it.

Don't pigeon hole us all mate, I happen to find big titted brunettes more to my taste.

My apologies Sir. Letters containing pictures of big titted brunettes are far superior and would be read in their entirety by people of a much higher calibre.

Are we not able to buy the club as supporters, and then elect a chairman to make decisions on a termly-basis, a la Barcelona and Madrid?

If collectively as supporters we have a spare £150M plus additional funds to strengthen the team then in theory yes, it's unlikely though i think.

Are we not able to buy the club as supporters, and then elect a chairman to make decisions on a termly-basis, a la Barcelona and Madrid?

If collectively as supporters we have a spare £150M plus additional funds to strengthen the team then in theory yes, it's unlikely though i think.

I'm sure Tom Hanks could help out.

Pop me down for a fiver!

Â