The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I was talking to my mate yesterday, moaning about the decline of electro pop in the early 80s, citing the change of direction of Ultravox after John Foxx left, which led to the release of "Vienna" with Midge Ure on lead vocals. He said "it means nothing to me"

One thing to say about Vienna..... Shaddapa ya face! :lol:

I was talking to my mate yesterday, moaning about the decline of electro pop in the early 80s, citing the change of direction of Ultravox after John Foxx left, which led to the release of "Vienna" with Midge Ure on lead vocals. He said "it means nothing to me"

I thought it went downhill when people couldn’t be called Dennis or James myself. Or in fact be called plain Randolph.

The nice thing about VT is that if you want a thread degenerating, you can always rely on mods to be at the front of the queue.

It's something akin to cutting out the middleman and having WMP's armed response unit hold up the HSBC on New Street. :winkold:

I was saying to someone last night how Randy needs to sell up and my mate out of the blue got all serious and said to lay off Randy. He was so serious and refused to spill beans but knew nothing of any sale when I started to dig for info. I was actually pretty shocked how serious he got but he refused point blank to say anything else. :?

Is your mate Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr ­Al-Thani?

Qatar have the largest natural gas reserves on the planet and the QIA is the investment arm of the government. They are in fact far richer than Abu Dhabi. Having said all that I think I think its most likely bullshit.

Only logic I can see is oneupmanship in the Gulf and the fact they are hosting the World Cup in 2022.

Its all about raising the profile of Qatar well ahead of 2022. IMO, it's either they pay £1.5 Billion and take on ManUre or say shell out circa 300m and build a legacy at somewhere like Everton or Villa

Then again, having chosen Malaga and PSG, they may choose not to compete with Dubai in the UK ?? and focus on Spain & France possibly Germany ?? or even the MLS seems to be picking up, or China is getting into football in a very big way

Then again, having chosen Malaga and PSG, they may choose not to compete with Dubai in the UK ?? and focus on Spain & France possibly Germany ?? or even the MLS seems to be picking up, or China is getting into football in a very big way

Never see this happening here. But regarding Germany and MLS. MLS operates on a salary cap, so astronomical sums of money do little good there. In Germany, I do not believe they are really open to foreign ownership of sides (could be wrong) and they operate on a very sound financial system, i.e. not spending massively above income levels like Man City.

Whether it's us or not, the Premiership needs more insanely rich people investing in clubs.

Fifa or the FA are never going to effectively pin back the spending, and if Man City are the only club doing it, it will completely destroy the competition.

I'd much prefer it if no-one had stupid money. But you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

The one thing I'm clinging onto is the guy that started all this also said Ancelotti would go to PSG.

Yes he did tbf, a while before. We have established that he is not 100% a liar.

To be fair though they were always going to be after a big name and the only two big free agents are Ancelotti and Rafa, who was also interviewed for the job.

The one thing I'm clinging onto is the guy that started all this also said Ancelotti would go to PSG.

To be fair though they were always going to be after a big name and the only two big free agents are Ancelotti and Rafa, who was also interviewed for the job.

Seems very odd given that Ancelotti said he was taking a year out and that he would like to manage in England again.

Seems very odd given that Ancelotti said he was taking a year out and that he would like to manage in England again.

Well, when a club owned by some of the wealthiest people in the world sound you out for an interview things change.

Benitez was definitely interviewed, as it was posted all over Liverpool forums and a reporter from The Telegraph.

Maybe it's smart to shit on this rumour, but to be honest just the thought of it happening makes Villa's current form and performance less depressing and more tolerable. Maybe I'll be disappointed in the Summer if and when it doesn't happen, but I just want a theoretical light at the end of the tunnel real or not.

Maybe it's smart to shit on this rumour, but to be honest just the thought of it happening makes Villa's current form and performance less depressing and more tolerable. Maybe I'll be disappointed in the Summer if and when it doesn't happen, but I just want a theoretical light at the end of the tunnel real or not.
Yep. It's certainly not nailed on or anything but I think there's a chance of it happening if you take various things into account.

Â