The Randy Lerner thread

CI

People are going in loops now. I think we all know each others positions now.   :ph34r:

I don't, do you like Lerner or not?!  :)

That's a closely guarded secret. Only the NSA will know the answer to that.  :suspect:

I just won't hint you don't understand the language.

Because no doubt a dig like that would earn me a warning point or two.

I changed my statement which you rightly said was wrong so not sure why the dig was needed.

Read my edit. It explains the problem. You also said "maybe I should have worded it like you" which does not imply you intended to change its actual meaning, just the phrasing of the same meaning. Anyway, we're back to language so I'll leave it there! Go Lerner WOOO! :P

Are there are those who only see the positives.

I don't think these people exist. Show me someone who does not see the bad that has happened. Show me one single person who denies that Lerner has ever made a mistake and I'll concede the argument right here and now.

Seconded.

Find one person who fits this description you're trying to tar people with to quantify your own position and we'll all back down.

People are going in loops now. I think we all know each others positions now. :ph34r:

This thread has been going in loops for a good 18 months now with the same posters making the same arguments and nether side changing their opinion.

Go back a hundred pages and have a read. It's the same as the last few pages.

I don't think these people exist. Show me someone who does not see the bad that has happened. Show me one single person who denies that Lerner has ever made a mistake and I'll concede the argument right here and now.

Seconded.

Find one person who fits this description you're trying to tar people with to quantify your own position and we'll all back down.

Read down. That comment has been amended to mean something else.

Seconded.

Read down. That comment has been amended to mean something else.

But he has on more than one occasion in the last few pages of the thread I think tried to make out that anyone not of his opinion is oblivious to the mistakes Lerner has made so it's valid for me.

Seconded.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/user/3089-c-krulak/

;)

• Like 2

Seconded.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/user/3089-c-krulak/

;)

Haha

Brilliant!!

I just won't hint you don't understand the language.

Because no doubt a dig like that would earn me a warning point or two.

I changed my statement which you rightly said was wrong so not sure why the dig was needed.

Read my edit. It explains the problem. You also said "maybe I should have worded it like you" which does not imply you intended to change its actual meaning, just the phrasing of the same meaning. Anyway, we're back to language so I'll leave it there! Go Lerner WOOO! :P

See now we can agree.  I want him to go too.

RL has put money into the stadium and the players

RL has never publically spoken out of turn or embarassed AVFC

RL has ensured Villa conduct themselves ethically

RL has learnt from his mistakes and hired a manager tasked with signing young, cheap, exciting players capable of playing exciting football

RL allowed wages to spiral out of control.

RL hired houllier

RL paid Birmingham city compensation for Mcleish.

RL hired Mcleish.

RL has paid £16 million in compensation for his bad decision making

RL has seen us have 3 consecutive seasons where relegation was a worry.

RL has seen us have our two worst ever premiership seasons, which just so happen to be our last 2.

RL put the wages trust into MON - who told him we could get CL football, it's 50/50 as to who'd fault it is.

RL Hired Houiller - Why is this a problem, he employed someone who had won trophies in England at the time.  It only didn't work because of his health.

RL Paid BCFC for McLeish - Everyone knows this is a problem, no one is saying it isn't.  The point below that is excatly the same point, stop creating bullet points with the same point, just to try and add depth to your argument.

RL paid 16 mill - well, yea, MON took him to court even though it's widely believed that MON walked himself because he didn't like the new rules.  Houiller was in honour of him being ill.  McLeish is your only decent point.

RL - Relegation, well after MON we didnt have a choice, we had to sell our best players to balance the books. Pretty mute point if you ask me.

RL - Worst seasons, this is what happens when theres a greater divide caused by CL money, they beat everyone.

Basically it seems to me that you're moaning about RL balancing the books, not spending money in equal measure, you don't even know what you're arguing about anymore :lol:

There seems to be common themes among posters. Of course centering around MON/Lerner. With people laying blame mostly with one or the other for the big financial mess the club found itself in. Without people repeating themselves and the discussion could they answer this question.

Do people think it is the football managers job to run the finances of the club or do you think it is the job of the CEO/board to do that?

• Like 2

Â