The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner needs to find some one to sell to and go.

What he did in the past is great but ive been good to my Mrs for 10 years but if i cheat on her tomorrow its over.

Point is if Randy relegates us by not investing then regardless of whats happened before it is unforgivable.

I understand the need to cut back but it has been too fast and too deep.

Just my opinion but im sick of being humiliated.

The thing with modern football fans is that this thread would do a complete U turn if Randy said spent 40mill just like that, he would be a good owner.

I would hazard a guess as well that if Lerner said i can spend this but it may jeopardise the future of the football, fans would still want him to spend it.

Football fans are naturally very short sighted.

30 million on players at moment would not affect either the long term finances of Villa or fair play rules. Reason being the 60-70 million we are due from the sky TV deal. I cannot comprehend why Lerner would risk our future by not investing transfer money now!

Im still holding onto hope we have 1 or 2 set to be signed before the end of transfer window, maybe like Bent was signed, top secret style.

• Like 1

My expectations of Randy Lerner are now so low - that I wish he would:-

• Do Something
  • Or failing that, Say something
Surley that's not an unreasonable expectation ? -

It's ridiculous. All we've had is Doogan chatting nonsense to Tom Ross. The "it's not about finance, it's about players" line that he kept on trotting out made we want to put my fist through my laptop!

Randy and/or Faulkner need to have the balls to do a proper fans forum; approach this situation properly and give us some respect.

I still think the problem is,  what would happen if we spent 30m & didn't get the windfall next season.

Well I wouldn't says its £30m needed myself. Most of us want to see our chances of avoiding drop improve - £10m on players I believe would improve our chances. These players need not be world beaters, Curtis Davis, Sylvan Distan, Liam trotter - (For example) wouldn't cost the earth and my just help us. 

I really think something is afoot, either Lerner is in the process of selling, or is hanging Lambert out to dry. I am expecting a stormy end to the season .....nothing is of limits.....something big is going down !

"I still think the problem is, what would happen if we spent 30m & didn't get the windfall next season". The owner would get the parachute payment and the money from selling the likes of Benteke, Weimann and Bent?

The thing with modern football fans is that this thread would do a complete U turn if Randy said spent 40mill just like that, he would be a good owner.

I would hazard a guess as well that if Lerner said i can spend this but it may jeopardise the future of the football, fans would still want him to spend it.

Nope, him spending £40m wouldn't do a think to alter my view of him and no I wouldn't want him to jeopardise the future of this club, although through his own stupidity that is what he has already done.

As for shortsighted, actually I think that would be better used to describe our owner.

Agreed.

It would be "at last he has done something and backed Lambert up".......

... until the end of the season. Then if things didn't work out it would be "what was he thinking signing X on Y wages?!?!".

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

Agreed.

It would be "at last he has done something and backed Lambert up".......

... until the end of the season. Then if things didn't work out it would be "what was he thinking signing X on Y wages?!?!".

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

No it wouldn't and no he isn't but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about the critisicm of Lerner and shambolic way the club has been run during his time here.

I think 10million would be a risk, 30 million would as good I think keep us in the premiership

If he is so money concious, then why not just not spend anything and play Warnock,Hutton,Collins and Bent instead of Lowton,Leija and Bowery ?

FFS Warnock, Bent and Co kept us up last term AND with players ;like Warnock,Hutton etc we did not let in as many goals !

No it wouldn't and no he isn't but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about the critisicm of Lerner and shambolic way the club has been run during his time here.

Lerner is far from perfect. Criticise him at will.

And feel free to pigeon hole me in whatever way you like. It wont stop me reading posts without having a chuckle at some of the reactionary posts.....

....your quoted one being a good example.

And feel free to pigeon hole me in whatever way you like. It wont stop me reading posts without having a chuckle at some of the reactionary posts.....

Laugh all you want, just be carefull you don't inhale too much sand.

You make a sweeping generalisation to pigeon hole a wide group of fans who are critical of Lerner as being fickle and then you accuse me of doing the same to you. Priceless.

Will there be a coup?

AM I off my rocker in thinking that we are going to sign around 4 players on deadline day at the last hour totalling around 30m?

The whole time the club making things look outrageous in order to have kept these signings quiet to avoid them being jeopardised and not allowing the clubs around us struggling enough time to do something about it or strengthen there squads any further.

I guess this is the last tiny crazy bit of string of hope I now cling onto before realising on February 1st the club is finnished and as good as gone.

AM I off my rocker in thinking that we are going to sign around 4 players on deadline day at the last hour totalling around 30m?

The whole time the club making things look outrageous in order to have kept these signings quiet to avoid them being jeopardised and not allowing the clubs around us struggling enough time to do something about it or strengthen there squads any further.

I guess this is the last tiny crazy bit of string of hope I now cling onto before realising on February 1st the club is finnished and as good as gone.

If we were in for such good players then other clubs would be too, e.g Coutinho.

Would be no way of keeping a host of quality players back to be signed on deadline day without other interest.

Â