The Randy Lerner thread

CI

They don't actually show that at all. At face value it looks like that, just dividing the losses over the year by the number of days in a year, but a significant part of the losses was in "player amortisation" where the "book value" of players is marked down as their contracts run down. In other words though the money spent on players has long gone, in most cases, it's still showing up in the accounts. So when we bought bought (say) Carlos Cuellar for 7 million quid, on a 4 year deal, every day his value goes down by just under £4,800. The money was spent years ago. The same principle applies for everyone we buy and this totals well over 50 grand a day in amortisation just in a quick calc based on players and fees I can think of. I'm sure there are other players on the staff that will up that figure further. Transfer fees received work the opposite way all the money received is instantly credited and it isn't spread out over time.

Which isn't to say the accounts aren't a mess, they are. The mess is of Randy's and MO'N's making and choice, but the club isn't actually losing 150 grand a day in terms of outgoings v incoming money. It is losing money though, and sorting that out is a priority, mainly by getting wages down.

If we're notionally losing 150 grand a day, or 1 million a week, spending 80 grand a week plus pension and NI on Ireland, and large amounts on the likes of Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Cuellar, Given, Beye, Heskey and co perhaps 300 grand a week on that lot is an easy and obvious target for correction. It's not going to be instant, but it's clearly got to be something they do.

Finding replacements of better quality shouldn't be hard in most cases, but doing so while keeping wages in check is going to be very difficult.

Pete, look at the net current liabilities in the last set of accounts. That's nothing to do with amortisation, and everything to do with how much money needs to go out in the next 12 months compared to the money coming in.

I would love Sky or someone to interview Doug and get his opinion on the current situation.

If there is one person whose opinion has no relevance at all here it's deadly Doug's. He took money from our club year on year. How much of his own money did he invest ?

If Lerner hadn't come along when he did we'd have been a candidate for bankruptcy before long, no matter how bad things got DE would ever have pumped his own money in, and he didnt have the finances required in any case.

The only good thing HDE did for us was to sell to Lerner (particularly when ou look at the calibre of the other interested parties at time.

I agree - maybe no one should enter the ground for the first 15 minutes of Saturdays match? Have no problem with any fan wanting to support the Villa and go to matches, but something has to be done to stop this insipid slide into obscurity that AMc and RL seem hellbent on completing.

I also think everyone should bombard the club's email account with MCLEISH OUT messages.

At the end of the day the real problem is our owner. Clueless is an understatement for him. He was gifted MON, grossly mismanaged that relationship, and then made two utterly inept appointments as manager. I will never understand how they could justify McLeish's appointment when all the empirical evidence suggested he was useless. Oh and surprise surprise he turns out to be useless.

As an owner he is worse than useless and I have grown to hate him and his tenure with a passion. Anyone but him...that shows what a sad state of affairs it really is.

There's a feedback form on the OS. It has a little drop down menu where you can select the subject. Unfortunately 'Manager' isn't listed.

There is a subject titled 'enquiries/problems'.

Perfect subject title me thinks.....

There's a feedback form on the OS. It has a little drop down menu where you can select the subject. Unfortunately 'Manager' isn't listed.

There is a subject titled 'enquiries/problems'.

Perfect subject title me thinks.....

Or try paul.faulkner@avfc.co.uk let him know how you feel?

As an owner he is worse than useless and I have grown to hate him and his tenure with a passion. Anyone but him...that shows what a sad state of affairs it really is.

That's how I felt about MON. Be careful of what you wish for :winkold:

Enquiries on the OS are a waste of time, the other day I went onto the club contacts page and then onto the enquiries form to let them know of a problem where I try to unsubscribe from the online store newsletter, it redirects me to what my anti-virus classes as a harmful webpage and the reply I got was just the club contacts page copied and pasted into an email.

Â