The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Do you think his decisions to release such limited funds the past 3 January windows was because he thought that was the best thing for the club? If he truly did then he's a complete and utter idiot and even though I think he's a failure of a sports owner I don't think he's that stupid.

Yes. He's probably been preparing the club for a sale for years and thought that it would be better to cut costs and stay in the league rather than add to them, and to be fair we did stay up both times, and only looked in serious relegation danger in one of them. Not that that wasn't risky of course, but it isn't evidence of him not caring.

Nice black and white thinking there. Where did I say I thought they were great?

I didn't say you did so you've had another black and white rant for no reason.

What were you referring to then?

I dunno, I still think my black and white "rant" has some good points that are worth taking on board, like for example how Lerner can both make bad decisions and still care at the same time.

Of course he can make bad decisions and still care. Letting MON spend too much shows that. I've never said different.

I just don't believe he always does and gave examples of that. I think they were calculated gambles of surviving while keeping costs low, I don't think it showed him really caring.

And when I said great I didn't say you thought they were great decisions. I was just saying if you think they were decisons of a man really caring for us then fair enough.

• Like 1

If I were Lerner I wouldn't have sold until next summer.

I would have spent the same on fewer players got a mid table finish, got rid of a couple more of the bomb squad either this season or next summer when some are out of contract.

This would make us more saleable, cost him nothing personally as the books are balanced, allowed buyers to see all the strings that are pulling the FFP rules and see how the other clubs spend this new TV deals money and therefore what it is likely we would need to compete.

That's all I have to say on Lerner now as it is all academic he will go sooner or later and a new era will start good or bad.

Total **** embarrassment of an owner. Even in leaving he's managing to **** everything up.

He may be smoother than Ellis but he's more clueless and is doing us more damage. 

Fully expecting us to be relegated and stuck with him or panic-sold to a dodgy bidder in December when we're bottom of the league. 

• Like 2

Total **** embarrassment of an owner. Even in leaving he's managing to **** everything up.

He may be smoother than Ellis but he's more clueless and is doing us more damage. 

Fully expecting us to be relegated and stuck with him or panic-sold to a dodgy bidder in December when we're bottom of the league.

been saying for ages he is worse than Ellis . I still believe that

Well the current transfer policy is really highlighting that. Ellis would never had been this stupid.

At least it proves you can be stupid ....but Rich.

At least it proves you can be stupid ....but Rich.

As I've said previously, you don't have to be smart to inherit a fortune.

Well the current transfer policy is really highlighting that. Ellis would never had been this stupid.

12730-zoom.jpg

• Like 1

Â