RBS Six Nations Rugby 2013

islingtonclaret

I get this weird feeling that nobody can be arsed this year for some reason. I went into SportsDirect to pick up an England top, and the bloke behind the counter said they didn't have any in. So I asked if they'd sold out, turned out they didn't stock them. I said, "you do realise the Six Nations tournament is coming up, right?" No idea what I was talking about.

I still enjoy it. France will probably walk it, their squad looks too good. England need to settle on a consistent No.10, and Manu is a huge, huge miss. Wales, who knows? They can blow hot and cold like no other. If they start well they could blitz the opposition but an unconvicing performance and heads may drop as Gatland is busy with Lions duties. Ireland have a conservative coach who is clinging desperately to the old guard despite the incredibly talented players performing consistently for the provinces, I expect them to be be dull. Scotland have good players but a bizzare fear of the try-line. Italy make up the numbers admirably.

Very interested to see where England go after the New Zealand win - whether we build on it or take a step back.

Tuilagi's injury is a big blow but hopefully that's just for one or two games and agree with CED's comment about 10. Personally glad to see Strettle back in the matchday squad.

Good result for England. Scotland didn't roll over as I thought they might and put up a good fight. Liking the look of debutate Twelvetrees (best surname ever).

Think Ireland will be a different story. Probably a low scoring match with them grinding us down....

Ireland are never easy on the old ticker. Nervy stuff. The team used their nous to beat the Welsh, but England are a different proposition. I can't call that game either way, though. Probably swing on the break-down as usual, or really, who gets away with what ;)

Why Wales didn't start Tipuric is beyond me.

Â