RBS Six Nations Rugby 2013

islingtonclaret

Has been a really fierce game.

Wales have been really excellent and I thought England's defence up until the two tries had been really good.

Not sure that Walsh has been that bad.

p.s. I could see the scoreline being 40+ points for Wales, too.

Edited by snowychap

This has by far been the most embarrassing England performance in years. Utter disgrace.

Really? What game have you been watching?

They are tackling like it's a game of tag Rugby, the Welsh just walk their way through. Of course it doesn't help that Walsh is giving away penalties based on the fact some players are wearing White shirts.

Never should this England team have been humiliated by that Welsh team.

Why on earth is this England performance 'embarrassing'?

It's particularly ungracious for people to talk about this result in that way especially after the ferocity of the first 50 minutes or so. To call it 'an utter disgrace' is, frankly, a disgrace in itself.

Wales were superb (and who would have thought them capable of that after getting hammered in the first half by Ireland).

England have a lot to learn and let's hope they learn some of the lessons that Wales taught them today.

Looking forward to the Lions tour even more after today.

Edited by snowychap

Why on earth is this England performance 'embarrassing'?

It's particularly ungracious for people to talk about this result in that way especially after the ferocity of the first 50 minutes or so. To call it 'an utter disgrace' is, frankly, a disgrace in itself.

Wales were superb (and who would have thought them capable of that after getting hammered in the first half by Ireland).

England have a lot to learn and let's hope they learn some of the lessons that Wales taught them today.

Looking forward to the Lions tour even more after today.

There as only one "embarrassing" aspect of the England game today. Their complete inadequacy in the scrum, this is what lost them the game.

They had other faults too but they were minor in comparison (Failure to adapt to new rules and a bit of naivety under pressure)

But they have the makings of a good side, though right now I feel they will never be a great side. They are methodical and effective but need a couple of "star" players

I've also seen a few complaints about the ref from England fans, he was just about perfect, hard to find a wrong decision

There as only one "embarrassing" aspect of the England game today. Their complete inadequacy in the scrum, this is what lost them the game.

I think that you're right in singling out the scrum (specifically the front row though I'm not sure they were helped by Youngs dicking around with the put in).

Not sure that it lost them the game but it certainly put them on the back foot and that's never going to help.

But they have the makings of a good side, though right now I feel they will never be a great side. They are methodical and effective but need a couple of "star" players

I think that probably sums them up for me but I do have some hope that Lancaster is working toward a plan that has them learning towards being a really good side - whether that's enough without a couple of top players is debatable (and that also depends on what some of the - especially younger - players become).

I've also seen a few complaints about the ref from England fans, he was just about perfect, hard to find a wrong decision

I thought he was mostly okay until he seemed to succumb to the 'failing scrum is obviously a scrum to be penalized' mentality. Perhaps most or all of those decisions were right but it did appear that one or two were because he got the arse.

Â