RBS Six Nations Rugby 2013

islingtonclaret

Rubbish prediction time.

I hope Italy get a win against Scotland as a win away from home will really show how far they have come. Scotland will be desperate for a win, though, and they do have talented players but poor discipline and not enough structure to their game. I'm not sure what to expect from this game, both teams could throw caution to the wind, or it could be attritional and gritty. I hope the former. I'll go for Italy to nick it...

It is a dangerous game predicting any game with France. They should win, they should batter everyone with the players available, but they are just... inexplicable. Wales too have a heap of great players but no confidence. I'll go for France, because it would be typical of them to go on and win the thing after a dodgy start.

England's record in Ireland isn't great but I think they have a better scrum and more energy in the backline. I think Ireland will give away too many penalties and England will keep the scoreboard ticking over. It could well be a comfortable win despite a spirited defensive effort from Ireland.

Well I hope you get 1 out of 3 right. 

well you didnt miss much ;)

was a gripping game but poor quality due to the weather but England probably deserved it, best team in the Championship.

On another note Brian O'Driscoll is probably best player ive seen in my time and probably Irelands greatest sportsman, Everybody knows his skill but the man has the heart of a lion, always puts his body on the line, even today he was hobbling and still throwing the tackles in and never shirks challenges. Seems like a real nice guy as well

Really enjoyed that game actually. A really attritional contest. I thought Guscott summed it up perfectly when he described it as "gladiators playing chess". The difference between this England team and that of the last few years is remarkable. It's great to see us playing with an actual game plan and really meeting the opposition's ferocity head-on. Fair play to Stuart Lancaster.

What an utter, utter word removed Cian Healy is, though. I've always thought he came across as an arrogant, obnoxious prick and today really confirmed it. Deserves a lengthy ban (and a hiding).

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

Where is Zatman????? ;)

just your football team I dont like ;) Rugby and cricket teams dont produce as many word removeds as football team does :P

I'm English and I don't like our football team. The rugby and cricket teams are full of kiwi's, tongan's and South African's which probably has something to do with it. ;)

So England can play and they can win a battle too.

Grand Slam on it's way chaps. 

All things going to plan between now and then, it should be one hell of a occassion when we arrive in Cardiff.

I fully expect us to be going there hunting the slam to face a Wales side who can win to claim the 6 nations crown.

Oh to have a ticket for that one.

France/Wales are both capable of beating England, if they turn up. That is probably the main trait of this England team, they turn up with a plan and stick to it. The main problem is the lack of genuine 'spark'. Against Ireland they were easily the better team but failed to create a try scoring opportunity, save a hopeful chip. So if France/Wales defend like they are capable of, breaking them down could be difficult and neither team will be as ill-disciplined as Ireland.

Ireland look buggered now half the team is injured. I hope Sexton is fit again soon. If we go back to O'Gara it could be a grim few weeks.

Thought the stamp from the Irish chap was particularly malicious, and potentially career ending. But I suppose they all shook hands at the final whistle and had a few pints afterwards 'like proper men do', so it all turned out OK.

I don't think England lacked for 'spark' against the Kiwis and the Scots.

The style of play in yesterday's game was surely dictated by the conditions? Actually having the ball (and trying to hold on to it) seemed to be a fair bit of a hindrance to both sides.

Agreed Snowy. The conditions yesterday just didn't lend themselves to expansive play. It was a get it up your jumper and don't drop it or concede silly penalties type of afternoon. Actually thought Ireland played better than England but gave away stupid penalties in bad areas. Still think the championship is wide open....

Thought there was a lot of totally unnessary handbags from the Irish from time to time. The stamp was bang out of order.

But it's all down to Wales now. I'd be surprised if France turn up when they're in such disarray. Wales have the potential to piss on our bonfire and they'll take great pleasure in doing it.

The fact they won this game which was a proper war of attrition is very encouraging. Imagine what we can do in more open play...

With regards to the England Football team - is there anyone left in England who actually likes our football team? I mean, I go to the pub with everyone and watch international tournaments, but what a group of dicks.

Conditions undoubtedly played a part but from watching England you can tell they are drilled incredibly well and know their jobs and what lines to run. It is effective and they do it very well, but I think a well drilled defensive unit can shut them out and I don't think England have the players available to do something out of the ordinary, save possibly Tuilagi, and Foden when he plays.

Â