RBS Six Nations Rugby 2013

islingtonclaret

Ah! Sorry Kazzam, that does make sense, duh.

I really did think it was just listing the competing teams.

I think Wales can finish higher, but although they've got a great team on paper you never know what team is going to turn up. Their rot is baaaad at the moment....

Random question. In Rome and just found out italy playing France at stadio olimpico tomorrow. Is it a sellout? Cnt find the answer anywhere online. Plus anyone with a decent idea of how much tickets wud be on the gate (or touts)?

The test will come when they aren't allowed to play their game. England are traditionally very rigid when it comes to what they do, whereas the SH teams can change things during a game and adapt to what the opposition is doing.

Certainly, this England play with more freedom than in the past 10 years or so, and are a very good team, but what they can do when things aren't going to plan is what wins you the big prizes.

The test will come when they aren't allowed to play their game. England are traditionally very rigid when it comes to what they do, whereas the SH teams can change things during a game and adapt to what the opposition is doing.

Certainly, this England play with more freedom than in the past 10 years or so, and are a very good team, but what they can do when things aren't going to plan is what wins you the big prizes.

That's true. I think they showed us even in defeat during the autumn internationals that they do have that ability. They show a character and a spirit that was surprisingly lacking under Johnsons reign.

In Youngs and Care I think England have two number 9's with the ability to switch it up and to suggest their defensive game isn't up to scratch right now is frankly absurd. There was a touch if complacency against Scotland, but only really once the game was out if sight and England were rightly trying to rack up a score. Besides which, those Scotch are pretty decent at the minute.

They've got the squad to win this comfortably and I think they will. I also think they're world champions in waiting.

Can I derail slightly?  At what point do you think another push to have South Africa join the six nations and have their club sides play up here too? Argentina have finally been invited into the tri-nations tournament in the southern hemisphere (should have happened a decade ago) so does that see them being positioned as the replacements for South Africa or does it mean that the southern hemisphere are committed to expanding their competition. 

It makes much more sense having South Africa in Europe than it does having them play against Australia and New Zealand, Johannesburg is actually closer to London, Paris & Dublin than it is to Melbourne, Sydney & Auckland.  It is one hour ahead of Central European Time (France & Italy) and two hours ahead of Greenwich Meantime (the British isles) as opposed to being eight hours behind most of Australia and ten hours behind New Zealand which has to be much better for TV.  Is the reason they play in the south just because they always have played in the south? 

A great weekend of rugby - really pleased for Italy, thought they'd lose it in the 2nd half but they plugged away and unsettled the French. Quality result.

Next week should be fascinating too - Ireland vs England, France vs Wales and Scotland losing to Italy ( ;) )

Â