RBS Six Nations Rugby 2013

islingtonclaret

I don't think he intented to injure him, rather was excessive and did something that a lot of players do (stamping) when they get frustrated at the opposition slowing the ball down. It was (and stamping is) dangerous play, though, and it is right he got cited. But you will see plenty of stamps on legs, arms and probably heads between now and the end of the 6 nations and not many will get a ban.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I can see I'm fighting a losing battle here! Buuuuut... whilst I don't disagree that there will be countless incidents of stamping going unpunished (I've been on the receiving end myself), I think that the nature of this one was particularly disgusting. IIRC, the leg was prone with the knee slightly off the floor, so any significant downward force would be more likely to cause the leg to break than if it had been flat. I don't see how the intention could've been anything other than to injure him - you can tell by the way Healy goes at him. Cole is very, very lucky that his leg is still in one piece.

Well I just hope you were booing when Hartley and Tuilagi because they have done a lot worse than Healy on the rugby pitch!  Just hope Cole and Healy have made up because they could be both starting on the Lions tour, as Adam Jones is way out of form.

What a childish argument, Im not really one for booing players but if they do wrong I expect to see them given fitting punishments. I hold that view irrespective of the colour of the shirt they pull on, Im far from sure that this is the case for everyone commenting on this some of whom I spluspect would be holding a very differ t view had roles been reversed in Ireland last week.

As for the players being team mates for the Lions that is a non issue it is no different to international players playing against their team mates at club level the. Rooming together on international duty.

Pressure seems to be mounting on Kidney and some papers claim he could be close to the sack. He's reacted by sticking O'Gara on the bench and starting both Jackson and Marshall from Ulster. Bold move, and one I like.

Is his contract not expiring after the summer? I think he needed to win 6 nations to get a deal as he has been living off that Grand Slam for a good while

Irelands golden generation has come an end, to many players around the same age, think there are going to be some lean times for the next few years.  One grand slam with that group of players is a poor return, should have got rid of Eddie O Sullivan sooner.

Looking forward to Saturday. Not looking forward to watching the Wales game mind (can't get out of that one, the Mrs will have the hump otherwise) but really hope the unchanged England team can show up as strong as vs. Ireland...if they do, they might put the Froggies to the sword.

Well another interesting weekend in the 6 nations...

England showed yet again they are a maturing side able to win when it counts and when under pressure. 

England showed that there is a far greater strength in the squad than 12 months ago and that they have the best squad in the northern hemisphere.

France show that they are finally aware of the team they should have picked from the start of the competition.

Their manager showed that he makes pre-planned changes regardless of what is happening in the game.

The French teams simply aren't as well prepared, as professional or as fit as England and despite or perhaps because of the money in their game.

Scotland are a terrible side but Ireland are due to their ageing players on a decline to meet them.

Oh and that Wales are once again finding their feet after a period of instability and will be ready for us in Cardiff.

Â