Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Could use some stinging shots from 30 yards in our midfield. Glad he displayed that skill.

It's a great threat to have. All out central midfielders should be working on long range efforts on the training ground, not because you'd expect them to start sticking in 30 yarders every week, but because it forces the opposition to come out to them, opening up space for others. And if we had two of Sylla, Westwood and Delph advanced, they'd have to commit players to closing both down lest they get the ball and rifle one in. It's part of the reason why Gerrard and Lampard were so effective in their younger days, if you gave them half a yard from 35 yards out, you knew they had the ability to punish you

He had two shots in the game didn't he? One from about 20 yards that went close and another from 30 yards that hit row Z.

Reo Coker would have hit row z from 6 yards so in that way he is an improvement. Also Reo Coker would have loved to have a shot go close. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

I thought he put himself about well and played it simple nicely.

He has the ability to hit a ball and he was so unlucky not to score a Scholes-like belter from the edge of the D in the second half.

We haven't had a player like him for a while and I think he can do well. Could be a really valuable asset against Park et al next week.

I am looking forward to seeing a midfield trio of Sylla , Delph and Westwood. I think they could provide a good balance.

So we're dropping N'Zogbia now?

That isn't even hinted at in my post . Are you feeling ok ? Edited by Brumerican

I am looking forward to seeing a midfield trio of Sylla , Delph and Westwood. I think they could provide a good balance.

So we're dropping N'Zogbia now?

Haven't we been re(asonab|lative)ly successful with Gabby/NZogbia/Benteke up front? Edited by leviramsey

I'd rather play Weimann ahead of Zog 

Play whoever's in form.

aaaahhh, the luxuries of decent PL teams, where there's competition for every position. That would be nice to have.

Â