Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

He wasnt good, but he wasnt terrible. Thats notthing to boast about but considering it was his PL debut, we had our backs against the wall, against a very good team it was always going to be tough.

Look forward to seeing him in a few more games !

Edited by SuperJonno

Time is something we don't have, I'm not sure why he was signed tbh.

Well if he is playing well in a promotion chasing side next season - then parhaps we can all agree it was a good move.

Of course what we really want is for him to provide so steel in the current season. Which he may still do. I haven't seen him play - but our side does lack muscle so hopefully he can provide that. (Either this season or next !)

We all thought Westwood was shit when he came on against Southampton.  Let's not jump to conclusions.

And we were right!

Lets get it straight, we are 19th in the league and have won 4 games all seasons. We have very few 'good' players and even those have an awful lot to work on. We have nobody who is very good. Not a soul. Benteke and Weimann potentially aside the rest are either poor or worse atm - Westwood is very much in that bracket and there is absolutely no evidence that its any other way.

As far Sylla, I very much doubt that we have bought any one who is going to save our season and I also very much doubt he will turn into a very good player. Thats based on the last 20 years or so experience of supporting Villa. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the 'one for the future' card being played. It's nice to know that we're spending our budget on future potential despite being in a relegation dog fight.

What else can we do ? You cant get the kind of quality that we need for a million, there has to be a compromise you have to either strike lucky and find a gem ( who knows we might of ) or buy in the hope they can come good.

What else can we do ? You cant get the kind of quality that we need for a million, there has to be a compromise you have to either strike lucky and find a gem ( who knows we might of ) or buy in the hope they can come good.

More money would have been a good idea given our 'special circumstances'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I actually thought he looked decent. A couple interceptions and was anything but anonymous.

People are saying the two bad tackles were a bad thing, but I do not see it that way. Sure he was late and will have to adjust to the speed of the Premier League, but at least he was there and challenging for the ball. If you make an attacker know you are there and willing to put in a challenge, they are much more likely to make mistakes, misplace a pass, ect. We have not had player consistently doing that for a while now.

He and Delph in the same midfield might be a red card waiting to happen, but I bet it will be a midfield much harder to pass through.

It's hard to come into a game where your team is defending against a side like Everton. He needs to play a couple of reserve games to get a grip on the speed of our game and then we can judge. I wished we forked out of Tettey in the summer instead tho, what a player he's been for Norwich.

Impossible to judge him so far. He was exactly how we expected him to be. Put himself about a bit but wasn't used to the pace of the game, completely understandable.

What we can look at though is the man who he was backup to. We were 'priced out' for Sissoko and he went to Newcastle. The transfer fee was only 500k more, and he was the difference between the two teams when Newcastle beat us, and now he's scored 2 goals to beat Chelsea. Sylla may turn out to be a good buy, but i do feel we should have tried harder for Sissoko, surely our wages aren't THAT **** that we can't pick up a player Newcastle can that can turn games around like that.

I thought he looked really nervous when he came on. He looked like he hadnt trained with us and looked a bit off the pace. But he did put himself about, which is what we need / wanted right? He looks a real battler.Anyone comparing him to sissoko is probably going to be disappointed imo but anyone who is wondering if he is the tough tackling DMC we've been crying out for, he just might be. he looks raw, he looks like he's going to pick up some cards along the way. But in 20 mins he got more involved than KEA in the rest of the match and I'd be surprised if he isn't starting against Nolan / Noble on Sunday.

I thought he got stuck in quite well but alas it is hard to get into a game at that stage and especially considering how Everton were mounting the pressure.

It is even more difficult as new player having had no experience of the league to try and make an impact.

Give him a week to learn his role and that of those around him and we'll see how he fares against Wet Spam (if indeed he plays)...I guess he'll be alongside Westwood then?

I think he could be a good option

vs West Ham

Guzan

Lowton, Baker, Vlaar, Stevens

Sylla, Westwood 

Gabby                           NZog                                  

Weimann, Benteke

Â