Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

+ not really being quality.

But he was ok last season :

I remember Sunderland and Chelsea games were he was one of our best players .. And couple of games too were he was good ..

He was the one who let Sunderland and Chelsea get red cards .. In the middle of the park ..

The thing is that he have something in him .. He gives good effort in the middle of the park .. But he's really bad when playing in the right or left ..

I still haven't gave up on him ..

Him and KEA are good players to have in the squad .. Although not regular starters if we want to be a regular top 8 .. 

KEA specially is very good in away games .. Other than his lack of pace he's good in tackling and staying in scoring position ..

Saying that , KEA won't have the chance to play against WBA I think .. So Sylla might start or an AM ..

I would like Lambert to put Sylla in his best position like last year .. 

• Like 1

the one think that was glaring to me at the weekend was that sylla's pass completion rate appeared to be among the worst i've seen in ages... every time he made a pass it appeared to go awry...

PL needs to work hard to rebuild a player who just looks massively out of sorts...

PL needs to work hard to rebuild a player who just looks massively out of sorts...

He's not good enough. He was never any good and will, in all likeihood, never be good enough. This myth that he was good last season but is "off form" is baffling. I am not just having a go but you have to call a spade a spade.

• Like 2

All I remember of him was his performance against west brom think he passed to their strikers every time!!!

He was play on the right .. Never think he would do anything there .. I think giving him a run behind the strikers so that he could close the pitch from an upper area would benefit the time .. Although KEA isn't doing that bad too .. Those too are needed in our away and big games .. We need an AM to change games or to play him against lesser sides ..

He's not good enough. He was never any good and will, in all likeihood, never be good enough. This myth that he was good last season but is "off form" is baffling. I am not just having a go but you have to call a spade a spade.
Did you watch him last season? He was no Paul Scholes, but to say "he was never any good" is harsh. Last season he did a lot of crisp, one touch passing, he helped build attacks and constantly looked to play forward and he was also a bit of a brute defensively. By April, it appeared that we'd found a real bargain!

He's awful on the ball, it really did tell when he came on the other day. I remember him unleashing a screamer at the Madejski last season which would have been a goal of the season contender alongside Lowtons but that was clearly a flash in the pan.

But he came in last Jan, and did a decent job in helping keeping us up, we shouldn't forget that. Like a lot of the team though, has gone backwards since. Never a Prem player though.

I think the main issue is confidence and being out of position .. Just watch the last 15 mins against Cardiff , When KEA was substituted .. He had really good touches .. It's more a case of who he play with .. And which position ..

As Rob182 said .. He had very good one touches last year .. Actually we had good touches the other day against Liverpool ..

I think Lambert hasn't helped Sylla at all this year .. Well , Sometimes his tactics doesn't help no one .. He need to sort things out ! 

Even getting in Holt against Liverpool .. Helenius or Tonev were better choices .. 

BleedClaretAndBlue ..

It depends about the meaning of (Never a prem player) though .. A lot of bad players have been playing regulary in prem teams .. Even in top half teams .. For what he did last season I'd say he's an ok player .. But if we want to push on to a regular top 8 side .. We would have to get someone better for regular games .. A good player to have in the bench and for certain games though ..

• Like 1

For me it was Sylla who gave our terrible midfield some balance after he signed last January. Without him I honestly think we might not be watching Premier League football this season.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong for him this season but he looks a shadow of the player hopefully he will come good.

Liability when he came on. Lucky he didn't gift them a penalty.

He got the ball to be fair, hardly luck, if anything it was a good tackle. I actually thought he did alright when he came on, a lot better than his recent performances anyway.

• Like 1

I was screaming at him when he came on.

Apart from the dangerous tackle in the box, the amount of times he over hit a pass gifting the ball back to the Boggies was incredible.

We need better in midfield.

He got the ball to be fair, hardly luck, if anything it was a good tackle. I actually thought he did alright when he came on, a lot better than his recent performances anyway.

Looked like he got his foot to me.

I dunno mate. Maybe it was the tension of the game, but he stood out for me in terms of sloppy play when he came on.

Â