Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I think there is a real feel good factor around villa atm, everybody can see what lambo is trying to do, benteke and the rest signing new deals, the players weve signed look good (even on fifa lol try them helenius is a beast) but sylla has sparked this "feel good factor" when we signed him everyone said "who" but he has just got better and better i would lay money on him winning player of the season for villa this year he seems to love the fans and vice versa. Also his song is absoloutly brilliant best villa somg ever imo i cant wait to be at crewe tomorrow!!!.  UTV

I think there is a real feel good factor around villa atm, everybody can see what lambo is trying to do, benteke and the rest signing new deals, the players weve signed look good (even on fifa lol try them helenius is a beast) but sylla has sparked this "feel good factor" when we signed him everyone said "who" but he has just got better and better i would lay money on him winning player of the season for villa this year he seems to love the fans and vice versa. Also his song is absoloutly brilliant best villa somg ever imo i cant wait to be at crewe tomorrow!!!.  UTV

Agree - but Bannan to blackburn is putting a downer on things

So...

How 'bout that Yacouba Sylla, ey?

Shows quite a bit of promise  :)

So...

How 'bout that Yacouba Sylla, ey?

Shows quite a bit of promise  :)

on of my fav players, ( got to admit I love half the team at the moment but sylla complements westwood so much )

You can quote that again...

• Like 1

Yacouba has shown since he came in that he is built for this league, he is very physical, got good pace and has an eye for a pass. I know quite a few people have said this, but I think he is the kind of player we have missed since George Boateng. I'm looking forward to seeing him push on and establish himself as a starter on a permanent basis as he did towards the end of last season.

• Like 1

Going to get banned and possibly all of the players banned from twitter shortly if he is not careful.

Just been looking at his Twitter site and it's a bit mental.He just retweets any old rubbish people send him. A malicious journo could make a meal of some of this & Yacouba will end up as someone's breakfast!

I bet Bannan is such a clearing in the woods and the players know it.

Weren't some Scottish players taking the piss out of Bannan a couple of years back on twitter?

whats this got to do with Sylla

Weren't some Scottish players taking the piss out of Bannan a couple of years back on twitter?

He's retweeting fans who seem to be taking the piss out of Bannan.

Going to get banned and possibly all of the players banned from twitter shortly if he is not careful.

The club can't ban them from twitter. I remember Ferguson saying he hated players using it but there was nothing he could do about it.

He's retweeting fans who seem to be taking the piss out of Bannan.

He retweets everything he is tweeted. Don't take it as a reflection of his actual thoughts on Bannan.

I really like the Sylla chant, but like every chant we do, we do it way too fast!!!!

If it could be slowed down from the start, it would be so much better, and more people would join in.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His name's Yacouba Sylla! Sylla! Sylla!

He **** loves the Villa! Villa! Villa!

I've noticed that recently, not sure if his english is good enough to tell who is taking the piss or not .

Controversial comment coming up:

I reckon that we, as fans, have over-egged Sylla a little bit since the end of the season. He is a good player, and I think he'll be important going into the new season, but he does have a fair few limitations, a lot of which seem to have been forgotten since last year. Sure, every player has limitations, but I don't want to see people criticising him this year because, perhaps, he isn't performing as well as people would like him to. He is still a young player, who has recently arrived from an inferior foreign league and we all need to remember that. 

I reckon that we, as fans, have over-egged Sylla a little bit since the end of the season. He is a good player, and I think he'll be important going into the new season, but he does have a fair few limitations, a lot of which seem to have been forgotten since last year. Sure, every player has limitations, but I don't want to see people criticising him this year because, perhaps, he isn't performing as well as people would like him to. He is still a young player, who has recently arrived from an inferior foreign league and we all need to remember that. 

A fair few is a harsh comment, I think he will go on to be better. It was no coincidence we played better as a team when he was in the side, his pressing and energy in the middle of the park was much needed for us.

A fair few is a harsh comment, I think he will go on to be better. It was no coincidence we played better as a team when he was in the side, his pressing and energy in the middle of the park was much needed for us.

No, i'm not disputing that at all. Having 3 hard working midfielders in the middle of the park definitely worked better for us than having a number 10, such as NZogbia or Ireland in there.

As I said, he's a good player, who will benefit our team and fit in nicely, but I do think we still need to be a little bit cautious with the optimism over how good he's going to be.

That said, I remember being on here the summer after Young had joined, and had had a fairly indifferent six months. People were sure that he was going to go on and be a star the following season, I wasn't so convinced. Clearly my scepticism was misplaced.

Â