Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The papers reported, I seem to remember - I can't swear for either the papers or my memory - that after getting rid of/mutually agreeing termination with/being shocked by the untimely departure of MON (select option according to taste), the board, managerless, agreed to give Ashley Young more money for the same contract and the same job, though "saving money" was now the watchword. A generous gesture, which he shortly repaid.

Sadly not with actual money?

Begs the question what the board were smoking summer before last though doesn't it, if they knew then they had to cut costs and still fell over themselves to give the likes of Given £50,000 a week for five years.

Beginning to feel a little more sorry for PL the more of this insipid unravelling of truth I read.

Given got a 5 year contract as he was on near 90k a week at City and to compensate for wage drop Villa threw in the extra years

Lamberts a word removed.  That is all.

do a bad job and your a word removed? my god id hate if some of these people were employers and failed to meet their standards.

same way McLeish got personal abuse on here for no reason when only doing a job

And still some think mon was god for avfc?

I know. That list is a nightmare. Contrast those players with the players David Moyes has brought in over the years at Everton. Night and day. O'Neill was a **** idiot in the transfer market. 

• Like 1

Begs the question what the board were smoking summer before last though doesn't it, if they knew then they had to cut costs and still fell over themselves to give the likes of Given £50,000 a week for five years.

Beginning to feel a little more sorry for PL the more of this insipid unravelling of truth I read.

And that we paid for the privilege of hiring Alex McLeish.  :bang:

I know. That list is a nightmare. Contrast those players with the players David Moyes has brought in over the years at Everton. Night and day. O'Neill was a **** idiot in the transfer market. 

Where would you rather be ?

Where we were under MON ? or where we were under MsLeish ? or where we are now ?

Where we were under MON ? or where we were under MsLeish ? or where we are now ?

What a daft question. It is loaded to get the answer you want rather than it being a geuine question, you cannot compare where we were under O'Neill to now purely because of the contrast in budgets. The answer to that question is meaningless.

That garbage is at least based around actual evidence.

What's your garbage defence you keep on repeating based on?

He has had nothing but full support at every game and he's performed terribly. People posting their opinions on this site will have no effect so why is it a problem?

BJ - serious question. If you'd have been an Everton supporter would you have been asking for Moyes' resignation when they finished 15th and then 17th?

What a daft question. It is loaded to get the answer you want rather than it being a geuine question, you cannot compare where we were under O'Neill to now purely because of the contrast in budgets. The answer to that question is meaningless.

It is a genuine question.

Under MON we finished 6th for 3 seasons in a row,we qualifyed for europe and we went forther in all the cup competitions.Doing this cost's money,now that Lerner has decided that we have to cut cost's we are out of all cup competitions,we fight relegation every year, and playing in europe is just a wet dream.

Bottom line ......You get what you pay for.

It is a genuine question.

Under MON we finished 6th for 3 seasons in a row,we qualifyed for europe and we went forther in all the cup competitions.Doing this cost's money,now that Lerner has decided that we have to cut cost's we are out of all cup competitions,we fight relegation every year, and playing in europe is just a wet dream.

Bottom line ......You get what you pay for.

Then if it is a genuine question it is a pointless question. It wasn't a genuine question though, it was an attempt to respond to a post in which someone called O'Neill and idiot, by posing that question you were trying to defend O'Neill by drawing comparison to where we are now and as I said that is a loaded question designed to get the answer you want.

As for get what you pay for, I think the money spent by O'Neill and what he achieved (or didn't) show that isn't always the case.

Lambert will get to the end of the season no matter how much we all want him out. 

Speak for yourself - there are a lot of us who can see the bigger picture and are willing to give PL time to sort out the nightmare he inherited.

• Like 1

Idiotic Question

I'd like to be where we are under MON now - sadly though he spunked £120m up the wall and Houiller, McLeish and Lambert then made it worse.

Luckily Lambert is man enough to stand up and be counted and not take the easy route of placing blame anywhere else. Given time and support I expect him to sort this mess out although Lerners decision not to help him during this window is mind-blowing

So easy to be negative - people here were asking for PL's head after nine games - brilliant

Found this on another forum ... not a Villa one

Paul-Lambert-Gallery-2--002.jpg

You can't help but smile, it's part of the gallows humour. Lambert is a joke figure now not only for opposition fans but also for AVFC fans.

Another day goes by and another set of frustrations from the fans as he remains running the team

BJ - serious question. If you'd have been an Everton supporter would you have been asking for Moyes' resignation when they finished 15th and then 17th?

A low league finish is not the sole reason I've know changed my mind about Lambert.

If I was an Everton fan I would have looked at what the team where like before Moyes and looked at any improvements he'd made. I'd also be looking at the results, the way we played and the signings he made.

Didn't Everton have a good season under Moyes before those low finishes? Moyes had shown the fans something to give them hope that over time things would be good.

Then if it is a genuine question it is a pointless question. It wasn't a genuine question though, it was an attempt to respond to a post in which someone called O'Neill and idiot, by posing that question you were trying to defend O'Neill by drawing comparison to where we are now and as I said that is a loaded question designed to get the answer you want.

As for get what you pay for, I think the money spent by O'Neill and what he achieved (or didn't) show that isn't always the case.

I dont understand the last line of your reply ?

We finished 6th etc etc etc and it cost $$$$.Now we have saved a lot on spending and buying and we are fighting to stay up ?