Paul Lambert

Pilchard

What is stability? Having the same manager that relegates us and then keeps us in the championship for the next few years. I'm not saying that is what is going to happen but how can you have stability with a manager that already proved he is way out of is depth?

Stability doesn't guarantee success.

Giving any manager a long period of time doesn't mean they will do a great job.

I don't think chopping and changing helps but again that's not a good enough reason to keep Lambert.

You expect to see something from a manager that makes you believe they will succeed given time. Lambert's took a shit squad and made them even worse. Lambert followed on from an awful season and is delivering much worse.

He's living off what he did in his old job because he's looked nothing short of a failure as Aston Villa manager.

Is it the same squad as last season? No. Absolutely not. Is the squad still rebuilding? Yes. 

We lost all sorts of players from last season, so I think it is a misguided comparison. These changes had to happen too, and unfortunately we are still in the transition. Like it or not, Lambert did do a good job at Norwich where he had time. Etc etc etc. It wasn't that long ago BJ10. The financial restrictions would still exist if Lambert was sacked and a new manager came back in. The only option is to stick to the plan for Lambert. Randy, on the other hand could put some money in, that might be nice. 

Last year vs this year comparisons. (Last year is obviously the full season, this year the half season we have had) Appearances:

I've included players who played quite a few games last season who have left, which is obviously fair.

last season vs. this season

Lichaj...9 vs 10 (whole season vs half season!)

Petrov 28 vs 0

Baker 8 vs 11

Dunne 28 vs 0

Collins 32 vs 0

Heskey 28 vs 0

Clark 15 vs 20

I can't get stats for Cuellar or Delph. 

My point is to BJ10, he didn't take the same squad and make it worse. The players that left we all believed had to go. Lambert only had 20million to sort out a squad that was shit the season before, with significant players missing (Petrov, Dunne maybe). 

• Like 1

I would really like to know what really good players we have lost since last season that Lambert has not had the good fortune to work with.

I am sure some wise person will enlighten me.

Really good players - Non. Players better than their replacements - Cuellor, Collins, Warnock, Hutton (IMO).

No it's even worse. Who's fault is that?

If you want to blame the financial restrictions then it is Lerner not Lambert. 

We keep hearing "Get the wage bill down", what chance did he have? What choice did he have?

We have a talented manager working under tough conditions with a shit and limited squad. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Last year vs this year comparisons. (Last year is obviously the full season, this year the half season we have had) Appearances:

I've included players who played quite a few games last season who have left, which is obviously fair.

last season vs. this season

Lichaj...9 vs 10 (whole season vs half season!)

Petrov 28 vs 0

Baker 8 vs 11

Dunne 28 vs 0

Collins 32 vs 0

Heskey 28 vs 0

Clark 15 vs 20

I can't get stats for Cuellar or Delph. 

My point is to BJ10, he didn't take the same squad and make it worse. The players that left we all believed had to go. Lambert only had 20million to sort out a squad that was shit the season before, with significant players missing (Petrov, Dunne maybe). 

I pointed this out because we are relying on completely different players this season (Lichaj, Clark, Baker, Bannan, Delph) who have all made a significant number of appearances this season, compared to last season, what's more, I'm pretty sure if Lambert got the opportunity to replace them with more balanced players he would. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Really good players - Non. Players better than their replacements - Cuellor, Collins, Warnock, Hutton (IMO).

And there we have it, the 'STOP' to all those who keep spouting that Lambert lost a lot of players from last season as if it were some sort of defence for the bloke's incompetence.

If he really wanted to I am sure he could have kept Cuellar and Collins and Warnock and Hutton are still here he just chooses not to use them.

The fact is that the squad Lambert now has is entirely of his own making and nothing to do with any 'Bleeding Heart' loss of players!

And there we have it, the 'STOP' to all those who keep spouting that Lambert lost a lot of players from last season as if it were some sort of defence for the bloke's incompetence.

If he really wanted to I am sure he could have kept Cuellar and Collins and Warnock and Hutton are still here he just chooses not to use them.

The fact is that the squad Lambert now has is entirely of his own making and nothing to do with any 'Bleeding Heart' loss of players!

He had one window. We are cutting wages aren't we? So why offer Cuellar a new contract? Lowton is not worse than Hutton. Your sarcasm covers a lack of thought, I'm sorry. We were so shit last year too, don't forget that. The squad is absolutely not of his own making...it is full of inherited players, academy players, and also players overpaid and underperforming we can't shift, you know that. So why ignore it?

Edited by praisedmambo

If you want to blame the financial restrictions then it is Lerner not Lambert.

We keep hearing "Get the wage bill down", what chance did he have? What choice did he have?

We have a talented manager working under tough conditions with a shit and limited squad.

So you may ask yourself why did he ever come here. Cause im sure its not to sit at the bottom of the table under immense pressure. Its to big for him, always was!!!

So you may ask yourself why did he ever come here. Cause im sure its not to sit at the bottom of the table under immense pressure. Its to big for him, always was!!!

At least he's trying to sort out the problems. He doesn't look like he's running away either. I don't think it's too big for him at all. 

"Too big for him!?" What does that even mean, come on man. It's dumb rhetoric. 

Sorry how has he not made it worse?

He was under big restrictions during the summer and he didn't make smart choices. Lerner made his job hard, no doubt about that but lambert did himself no favours.

Lambert did do a good job at Norwich where he had time

Yes and like others has said there are other examples of managers doing well for a short period and then dropping big time.

Why is lambert any different? If he was so special we wouldn't look so awful.

Aston villa = A Rolls Royce with a 50cc moped engine powering it.

Id say more a Ford mondeo with a 50cc moped engine powering it.

Where anyone gets we are anything more than a bog standard average premiership team from is beyond me.

What is it that you have seen since 1982 that makes us a Rolls Royce? And even 1982 was a one off. 

Edited by Woodytom