Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If a player plays well they're a good player and if they play badly it's all Lambert's fault - apparently

This is true though... a good manager brings out the player that's already within. A bad manager tries to force a player to play within a template to which they are not suited.

This is true though... a good manager brings out the player that's already within. A bad manager tries to force a player to play within a template to which they are not suited.

I agree with this to an extent. I think the players around you make a big difference true. When you play with shit players it can be very frustrating and also affect your game. Especially if you are a finisher and reply on the correct service.

How many of Bents goals in his first season were made by Young and Downing?

It worries me he cannot motivate Bent to quality, niether can he really do anything with Ireland,. He maybe getting a little out of Nzog now, but should it have really taken this long. I see no improvements in Clark, Bannan, Bennett though maybe a little early for him. I mean the guy dont even know what his best team is yet. I know you'll be saying Ireland is shit, bent is lazy, but Lamberts supposed to be a top manager. Top managers get the best out of players and build a winning mentality. We neither have a winning mentality, confidence or motivation within the team. All I can say is Newcastle is Lambert biggest test. And no Lambert, lose this one and they'll be no "picking ourselves up and going again", cause we will be well ****!!!!!

Top managers get the best out of players throught man management, motivation and tactics.

Lambert seems to really struggle with this.

While I dont fully disagree with this, there are very few examples of proof that our players arent playing to their best. Most have been awful for a couple of years. I would say he is certainly getting the best out of Weimann and at times Benteke. Nzogbia looks to be improving. There the only players with any real quality. The rest arent playing any worse than what they have under previous managers.

While I dont fully disagree with this, there are very few examples of proof that our players arent playing to their best. Most have been awful for a couple of years. I would say he is certainly getting the best out of Weimann and at times Benteke. Nzogbia looks to be improving. There the only players with any real quality. The rest arent playing any worse than what they have under previous managers.

Other previous terrible managers.

Sorry we have to say, Bent is quality and so is Ireland, Yes some of you will say they are shit, but Bent scores goals and Ireland was class with Man City so has quality. Example, any one can manage a experienced work force but getting the best out of them is another thing. Ufortunately for Lambert this is a big part of his job, which I believe he is not forfilling!

To say Fergie or Mourinio could not get any better out of this team is utter bullshit. They would get organisation, something we struggle with, and have tactical nous to play players in right positions like out wide and the biggest quality of a great manager, install motivation and confidence,

Sorry we have to say, Bent is quality and so is Ireland, Yes some of you will say they are shit, but Bent scores goals and Ireland was class with Man City so has quality. Example, any one can manage a experienced work force but getting the best out of them is another thing. Ufortunately for Lambert this is a big part of his job, which I believe he is not forfilling!

To say Fergie or Mourinio could not get any better out of this team is utter bullshit. They would get organisation, something we struggle with, and have tactical nous to play players in right positions like out wide and the biggest quality of a great manager, install motivation and confidence,

Ive nt mentioned Fergie or Mourinho so Im not sure why you have mentioned them.

Ireland was good for 1 season with players like Robinho in the team. 

Bent is not quality. He scores goals and has under Lambert when he has played. He offers as little else under Lambert as previous managers both at Villa and other clubs.

Lambert was tactically shown up against Bradford when we went behind and put 6 up front with no midfield or width of any sort.  Do we really think Fergie et al would have reverted to this sort of plan.  I think not. 

And what about the conceding from set pieces farce-would any other manager not have addressed this when it was apparent we had a big problem?

Edited by claretman

Top managers get the best out of players throught man management, motivation and tactics.

Lambert seems to really struggle with this.

if the player is willing. Bent has not been it seems

When Bent and Ireland leave I think you'll be eating your words, cause Bent will be scoring for fun and Ireland played correctly will be a great creative mid!

What words will I eat? - 'That Bent/Ireland havent performed for Villa consistently at all'? No I won't. They havent. Darren Bent can score goals for fun somewhere else for all I care. He offers nothing to this club anymore and very rarely has. He will also offer nothing to his next team in games where he doesnt score and that will be far too often for me to give a shit.

Stephen ireland is one of the biggest disgraces ever to pull on a Villa shirt. He has never performed. At 27, we shouldnt need an experienced head in the middle of the park. It should be him guiding the younger players and earning at least 10% of his ridiculous wage. I also wont give a shit if he goes on to win titles with Barcelona (which he wont), because he will never ever try his best here.

Edited by Woodytom

did anyone hear what danny shittu apparently said?

apparently our defenders asked him politely not to score another goal! absolutely embarassing if true

That probably happens all the time in games of all sports. Players acknowledging the performances of others. Theyl be all sorts of banter that goes on. 

Who really gives a crap? Hardly the reason we are where we are.

What words will I eat? - 'That Bent/Ireland havent performed for Villa consistently at all'? No I won't. They havent. Darren Bent can score goals for fun somewhere else for all I care. He offers nothing to this club anymore and very rarely has. He will also offer nothing to his next team in games where he doesnt score and that will be far too often for me to give a shit.

Stephen ireland is one of the biggest disgraces ever to pull on a Villa shirt. He has never performed. At 27, we shouldnt need an experienced head in the middle of the park. It should be him guiding the younger players and earning at least 10% of his ridiculous wage. I also wont give a shit if he goes on to win titles with Barcelona (which he wont), because he will never ever try his best here.

Bent is a goal scorer but only if provided with the right type of service. He will never be a 'Team' player and work hard and make chances for others so at the moment he does not fit into our make up (whatever that is!).

Ireland undoubtedly has talent but his mind is not right and never will be. He never wanted to come to VP and has shown little evidence that he wants to stay. He is a 'Big Time Charlie' who likes his cars, women and smoking weird stuff and he is pretty much a toned down modern day version of George Best (without his talent).

None of them will be missed because they offer us very little.

• Like 1

That probably happens all the time in games of all sports. Players acknowledging the performances of others. Theyl be all sorts of banter that goes on.

Who really gives a crap? Hardly the reason we are where we are.

Aye, secret footballer says it goes on alot!