Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Sorry how has he not made it worse?

He was under big restrictions during the summer and he didn't make smart choices. Lerner made his job hard, no doubt about that but lambert did himself no favours.

Yes and like others has said there are other examples of managers doing well for a short period and then dropping big time.

Why is lambert any different? If he was so special we wouldn't look so awful.

The mandate for any manager coming in was to reduce the wage bill. That means many players have gone and we have had to replace them with younger, hungry, players. That is totally sensible way to approach those financial restrictions. With those restrictions what else could he or any other manager have done? What other approach would give us even a chance of sorting all this mess out?

We were always going to have a weaker squad. It's a transition period anyway. And face it, we're not that much worse than last year, and to think two years ago with Downing Young and lots of experienced players we were in the relegation zone outright at this stage, your principle accusation that HE made the squad worse is short sighted for so many reasons. You ignore all the facts surrounding what he is having to do in the job and how the club have been since MON left. You are also ignoring the fact that his approach was always going to take time to come to full fruition, and requires stability. It is a job very much started and the process is only in the beginning. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 3

The mandate for any manager coming in was to reduce the wage bill. That means many players have gone and we have had to replace them with younger, hungry, players. That is totally sensible way to approach those financial restrictions. With those restrictions what else could he or any other manager do?

We were always going to have a weaker squad. It's a transition period anyway. And face it, we're not that much worse than last year, and to think two years ago with Downing Young and lots of experienced players we were in the relegation zone outright at this stage, your principle accusation that HE made the squad worse is short sighted for so many reasons. You ignore all the facts surrounding what he is having to do in the job and how the club have been since MON left. You are also ignoring the fact that his approach was always going to take time to come to full fruition, and requires stability. It is a job very much started and the process is only in the beginning. 

Good Post!! - Though things must start to improve dramatically. Your arguement does not excuse professional footballers being unable to perform the most basic of football skills

This article in the Mirror basically substantiates everything that 'hairyhands' has stipulated on this site so i think several posters including myself (which i have already done) owe him an apology.

This would not be the first time a journalist has read an internet forum and cobbled a story together

Furthermore we are still a premier league side and and whatever supposed restrictions are based on the manager we still should have beaten Bradford over two leg and that is the mainly the managers fault and the players.

He had one window. We are cutting wages aren't we? So why offer Cuellar a new contract? Lowton is not worse than Hutton. Your sarcasm covers a lack of thought, I'm sorry. We were so shit last year too, don't forget that. The squad is absolutely not of his own making...it is full of inherited players, academy players, and also players overpaid and underperforming we can't shift, you know that. So why ignore it?

Stop trying to defend Lambert.

If he was any use (and better than the woeful McLeish) he would at least have us higher placed in the league and not looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone week in week out.

He was not hired to do a worse job (even Lerner isn't quite that thick) he was hired to perform better than the cretin he replaced. There are no signs to date that he is capable of doing that.

The mandate for any manager coming in was to reduce the wage bill. That means many players have gone and we have had to replace them with younger, hungry, players. That is totally sensible way to approach those financial restrictions. With those restrictions what else could he or any other manager have done? What other approach would give us even a chance of sorting all this mess out?

I'm not ignoring anything. I've made my feelings about the owner of this club very clear for the last 2 and a half years.

He did have to cut costs but he also could have done this better that what he did. His summer signings have played a part in this squad being worse so yes he made this squad worse in that sense. You talk about being short sighted but you won't look past cutting costs and using it as a defence.

Under Lambert's management our defending has become worse, as an attacking team we have become worse and our football at times is just as bad which are things that are down to him. So again he has made this squad worse.

No one has said he's had it easy, but he's done a piss poor job.

We were always going to have a weaker squad

Really?

I seem to remember an awful lot of people being very happy with our summer activity. In fact many laughed at or mocked anyone who spoke of a relegation battle this season they were that impressed with our new look squad.

Really?

I seem to remember an awful lot of people being very happy with our summer activity. In fact many laughed at or mocked anyone who spoke of a relegation battle this season they were that impressed with our new look squad.

I thought it was awful. Quite exciting in that it was a new approach - but signing 7 players and not knowing any of them didnt fill me with confidence.

In his first few seasons David Moyes finished 15th and then 17th. Was he sacked? No. Have Everton benefited from the stability of having the same manager for ten years? Of course

Lambert has taken over a complete mess. So far he has had one window to sort it out and no finances to do anything at all in his second window - in the cup run and in some of the laegue games we've seen hints of what we can expect once things settle down

Hopefully he can get us to safety this season but whatever he'll be around for a while, so get used to it

It's pitiful that people are still coming out with the same old garbage day after day after day.  Given that he is going nowhere, it would be better for the club if we all got behind him

• Like 1

Really?

Welcome to the 'Mocked' group BJ10. We have only a small membership but as reality kicks in over time our ranks swell.

It's pitiful that people are still coming out with the same old garbage day after day after day. Given that he is going nowhere, it would be better for the club if we all got behind him

That garbage is at least based around actual evidence.

What's your garbage defence you keep on repeating based on?

He has had nothing but full support at every game and he's performed terribly. People posting their opinions on this site will have no effect so why is it a problem?

Welcome to the 'Mocked' group BJ10. We have only a small membership but as reality kicks in over time our ranks swell.

Yup it's not like you both mention it every 5 mins in every thread!

Villa fans need to learn the concept of taking time, it's like everyone forgot it was going to get worse before it gets better.

Villa fans need to learn the concept of taking time, it's like everyone forgot it was going to get worse before it gets better.

It's been getting worse for 3 years. Do you need reminding of this every 5 minutes?. Care to enlighten me as to when it might get better!

Well as hairyhands is the clubs own paid media man Doogan it is hardly surprising he got it right is it?

Morpheus, on 27 Jan 2013 - 14:38, said:snapback.png

This
article in the Mirror basically substantiates everything that
'hairyhands' has stipulated on this site so i think several posters
including myself (which i have already done) owe him an apology.

Edited by Denis_B

Quick , someone mention SAF's first season at ManUre
  • Like 1

This is the Paul Lambert thread, has he been here 3 years?

Oh I am sorry. I didn't realise your comment relating to things having to get worse before they get better only applied to the last half season.

I stupidly thought that Lambert had been brought in to change the worse for the better I wasn't aware that he, like the managers before him, also had to make things worse first.

What a fool hey!

Why because you say so?

Why does it have to get worse first? Since when was this the accepted way? must of missed all those posts from you and others in the summer telling us how bad we'd be this year.

Quick , someone mention SAF's first season at ManUre

Haha.