Paul Lambert

Pilchard

How can one tell if the manager has put in a shift? Lambert has never been the most expressive of me, so its hard to measure?

I suspect CI is making the mistake of assuming if the manager is sitting down he's not doing his job.

I think some people think that managers are only bothered if they're jumping around going mental a la O'Neill.

How can one tell if the manager has put in a shift? Lambert has never been the most expressive of me, so its hard to measure?

He needs to start showing a bit of passion. He needs to start setting the team up properly, think about proper tactics and game plan and make in game changes as appropriate not random subs that have no logic.

I can kinda see what CI is saying, although PL is not one usually for jumping around on the touchline with the situation as it is it wouldn't hurt for him to just show visually to the supporters that he is concerned and trying to change things a bit. Even if he doesn't feel 100% comfortable with it it just shows, more so for the supporters that he is trying.

I think we should stick with the manager - we can see he is trying to introduce a passing style to our football, but at the moment we have to find the blend of passing and grit/determination. when we hit that combo we play very well and we have done that a few times this season, problem is when we dont hit it we seem to collapse and that is the worrying thing. If we can blend experience with youth and enthusiasm til the end of season we will be ok. Defend two banks of four make it difficult to get amongst us, then when we attack we can break out the passing and movement but we need to earn the right to do that at the moment the players are taking it for granted that they should have the ball not winning it back and not stopping the opposition from playing it about.

He's had the worst results of the lot. Also the worst squad and just about the least cash, in real terms. He will come good, and hopefully the fans won't have pissed him off too much by then, or he'll jump at the first better offer.

Whether you like him or not, I don't think you or anyone can come up with a realistic alternative right now, although there will no doubt be a few laughable suggestions.

Least cash? He had £20m+ to spend this summer, which was more than McLeish, and quite a bit more than a lot of the other teams in the bottom half of the table. He just didn't spend it on the sort of players we needed to keep us up.

I'm pretty sure at the start of the season we all just wanted us to stay up, let alone have a cup run (which has obviously been a bonus). I think Lambert will still lead us to the final following the 2nd leg, but Swansea to beat us. I'm also pretty sure we all understood that it would be a bumpy ride, with many ups and downs, which is exactly how it has turned out.

Lets just wait for the end of the season to see what position we're in before calling for Lambert's head and saying he failed at what we wanted him to achieve.

He's got very limited playing resource to choose from, probably the worst in the league at the moment but to me he is at least trying in every game to get a positive result so I give him credit for that. Maybe it's a bit naive to do that right now but in the long term surely it can only benefit the club. This transfer window is vital for the club, any screw ups and we're 50/50 to get relegated, get it right and the improvement should be quite sharp.

Sorry mate but I find that post of yours a bit odd. You will cheer the manager's name regardless of how we're doing but you would boo off the players?! That does not make sense to me. You said Lambert will get better as he goes on, the same might apply to the players if their confidence isn't totally knocked out of them by being booed off!

. I personaly won't be booing the team off but I can understand why people would, I think our fans have been patient with the team this year and also with lambert, theirs a differance between booing a team off and shouting for the managers head, booing happens at a lot of grounds and the players will understand why they are being booed off and if your booing the team off your also booing the manager off and he will also understand aswel, we have been awful this season but their is potential.

I think we should stick with the manager - we can see he is trying to introduce a passing style to our football

Yes but it seems to be passing the ball in our own half when under no pressure.

As soon as we're pressured on the ball or get further forward we then play this ridiculous hit and hope balls to Benteke.

It's very rare that we create a good chance through passing the ball around.

At end of day paul lamberts name will be sang on saturday and that tells me alot of the fans are still with him but if we dnt get a result the boo's will ring out by alot of the same people who were singing his name which does not mean they want him out, some of our players will never be good enough its as simple as that but lambert will come good

Yes but it seems to be passing the ball in our own half when under no pressure.

As soon as we're pressured on the ball or get further forward we then play this ridiculous hit and hope balls to Benteke.

It's very rare that we create a good chance through passing the ball around.

There was very little evidence of passing the ball against Bradford, just lots of hoofing up to Benteke. But anyway, most managers try to get their teams to pass the ball, it's just that Lambert is performing abysmally at all areas of the game.

Yes we all knew it was a bumpy ride, but this bumpy ??

Early doors I drew an analogy to a long haul flight - say Hethrow - Sydney. In Sept I said it would be akin to being an hour into the flight and hitting some turbulence. A bit rocky but drinks not getting spilt but maybe the seat belt signs have come on.

I'd say now, one of the engines has fallen off (it's ok we are on a 747) and another engine is on fire. The pilot has flipped auto pilot off and has the controls.

Over to you Paul.

What if he targetted two experienced players this month to come in and play at the centre of defence and the middle of the park only to be told the club couldn't afford either of them even although they aren't as expensive as the £5m QPR are using to buy their way out of trouble. Is that also his fault that the teams he is competing against are spending money yet he can't.

What is the board at Villa came out and said they can't give the manager the money they would like to give him to spend because of a need to make financial cuts? Because that is very much the situation at the club right now.

Then we should all be very concerned about the future of our club.

Yes we all knew it was a bumpy ride, but this bumpy ??

Early doors I drew an analogy to a long haul flight - say Hethrow - Sydney. In Sept I said it would be akin to being an hour into the flight and hitting some turbulence. A bit rocky but drinks not getting spilt but maybe the seat belt signs have come on.

I'd say now, one of the engines has fallen off (it's ok we are on a 747) and another engine is on fire. The pilot has flipped auto pilot off and has the controls.

Over to you Paul.

Serious question. Are you retarded?
  • Like 1

so Hairyhands are you saying PL has been lied to? Told there was certain amount of funds available and now those funds have been reduced/taken away from him? You previously said in total he would be sending up to 10 mil on foreign payers, are you now saying that these signings will not happen? In that scenario I wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame PL if he walked anytime soon.