Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The way lambert is doing things already feels a whole lot healthier, more sustainable, better.

The danger is we find stars for other clubs above us in stature? But with the scouts we have in place we can backfill the talent pool.

It's a model that fits with our club. Much better than paying crazy money for over hyped footballers without hunger for the game.

Being the 3/4 highest spenders for a couple of seasons means nothing if your squad is complete rubbish before you start spending.

Man City were the highest spenders in the world for a couple of seasons but they don't have the best squad in the world.

Man City actually have things to show for their spending though.

Of course there are other ways of going about it, and I think with a manager like Lambert in place there's a good chance we'll have achieved just as much if not more than any of our recent managers by the time he's finished with us.

No, he needed to land a trophy for that level of spend. At least one League Cup.

The Peace Cup cannot really count.

You do realise the Peace cup won us more money than if we'd of won the league cup right ?

You do realise the Peace Cup is run by the Moonies and morally I hope we never enter the thing again. Not only is it funded by the Moonies (and their source of funding is highly dubious given the way their cult seem to indoctrinate their followers to hand over all their worldly goods and cash) it is also used as a recruiting base AND on top of that its aim is to give these complete nutjobs some form of mainstream credibility

Me, I think we should strike the Peace Cup win from the record books. I'm ashamed that we were ever in it.

Newsflash, Martin O'Neill has left Aston Villa. Paul Lambert is now the Manager and I think will do very well. I love the fact that he's got them working really hard. Natural comparisons between the two but I reckon Lambert will overshadow anything that MON has achieved in his career.

Newsflash, Martin O'Neill has left Aston Villa. Paul Lambert is now the Manager and I think will do very well. I love the fact that he's got them working really hard. Natural comparisons between the two but I reckon Lambert will overshadow anything that MON has achieved in his career.

He’s going to have to do a lot in his managers career, as as a player MON must be ahead with a first division title and two European Cups...

McNally is so small time, the season has started and he is trying to do this :?

get over it McNally

mirror

Norwich chief executive David McNally has admitted their row with Paul Lambert and Aston Villa is heading to a tribunal.

Lambert quit Norwich in June citing a breach of contract before quickly taking charge at ­managerless Villa.

Premier League rivals Villa have paid ­compensation for City coaches Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa, but not boss Lambert.

The Scot and McNally fell out during a stormy parting.

The Canaries’ supremo feels Lambert manipulated his exit in a premeditated move to walk to Villa for nothing.

He said: “It would appear likely that this will go to a tribunal.”

McNally also spoke up to explain the club’s decision to tie down Grant Holt on a new deal amid interest from West Ham.

The Hammers offered striker Holt, 31, a big pay-rise but City rejected bids from the Upton Park club despite the Canaries’ captain handing in a transfer request.

Norwich then eventually rewarded Holt with a new £20,000-a-week deal after his 17 goals last term.

The striker is yet to score this season under Lambert’s successor Chris Hughton but McNally added: “Chris was clear from day one that Grant Holt was a big part of his plans. We agreed a new contract in a matter of days.”

get over it McNally

mirror

Norwich chief executive David McNally has admitted their row with Paul Lambert and Aston Villa is heading to a tribunal.

Lambert quit Norwich in June citing a breach of contract before quickly taking charge at ­managerless Villa.

Premier League rivals Villa have paid ­compensation for City coaches Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa, but not boss Lambert.

The Canaries’ supremo feels Lambert manipulated his exit in a premeditated move to walk to Villa for nothing.

McNally also spoke up to explain the club’s decision to tie down Grant Holt on a new deal amid interest from West Ham.

The Hammers offered striker Holt, 31, a big pay-rise but City rejected bids from the Upton Park club despite the Canaries’ captain handing in a transfer request.

Norwich then eventually rewarded Holt with a new £20,000-a-week deal after his 17 goals last term.

The striker is yet to score this season under Lambert’s successor Chris Hughton but McNally added: “Chris was clear from day one that Grant Holt was a big part of his plans. We agreed a new contract in a matter of days.”

Why is that small time? I'd expect nothing less if the same had happened to Aston Villa.

Plus the world doesn't stop rotating just because the season has started...

get over it McNally

mirror

This is all par for the course. I would argue that a lot of smaller clubs, other than the big 4/6, just feel they're nothing more than stepping stones to the top echelon.....which they probably are. Even us, being the next rung in the ladder no doubt.

Totally sour grapes, but there it is.

Morally, you owe us money, why the hell you just think we should just roll over and let you nick, and it seems you did, our manager is beyond me.

Your arrogance is so typical of a so called bigger club, you poached Lambert, the whole football world knows you did and now its going to cost you.

Forget the contract nonsense you cling too, because it is just that, nonsense, he was tapped up first by you.

See you at the tribunal. :twisted: