Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He left behind not only a poor squad but a legacy of toxic debt that we are still struggling our way out of. He also walked out on us in a selfish vindictive way to cause maximum damage to the club. The man goes down as a failure overall.

I think we should stop talking about MON, it bores me to death now. Leave that to general football and concentrate on Paul Lambert, he deserves more respect than this stupid A vrs B debate, let's get over it and move on.

PLEASE!

He left behind not only a poor squad but a legacy of toxic debt that we are still struggling our way out of. He also walked out on us in a selfish vindictive way to cause maximum damage to the club. The man goes down as a failure overall.

We've just spent 20mil... don't think we're still struggling with MON's debt.

How is a highest place finish of 6th and no trophies good enough for the money he spent?
6th highest spend - 6th place 3 times, League Cup Final + FA Cup semi. Simples. We've been over this many times! Why not drop it? As a matter of interest, how did the manager who followed him do with virtually the same squad.
Even DOL got us sixth once, and the League Cup final and FA Cup semi mean nothing when you remember that we didn't actually win either of them.

Not very well, but then I don't remember anyone claiming otherwise. What I will say is that MON left behind a poor squad for the money spent.

:bang::bang:

DOL did it once, not 3 times in a row and not getting more points each year.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you think what Lambert did at Norwich is more impressive than anything MoN did at Leicester.

How is a highest place finish of 6th and no trophies good enough for the money he spent?
6th highest spend - 6th place 3 times, League Cup Final + FA Cup semi. Simples. We've been over this many times! Why not drop it? As a matter of interest, how did the manager who followed him do with virtually the same squad.
Even DOL got us sixth once, and the League Cup final and FA Cup semi mean nothing when you remember that we didn't actually win either of them.

Not very well, but then I don't remember anyone claiming otherwise. What I will say is that MON left behind a poor squad for the money spent.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you think what Lambert did at Norwich is more impressive than anything MoN did at Leicester.

While finishing 6th three times in a row was decent, he could never get any higher than that despite one season being well clear in 4th. Unfortunately he was just too limited.

Why does this bother you so much?

[What I will say is that MON left behind a poor squad for the money spent.

The squad worked for him and he managed to get the best out of them which at the time was all that mattered. In terms of him wasting money that is a fair argument I guess but it should perhaps be remembered he had a net spend of approx 80 mill and since he left we have sold three of the players he signed for 64 mill - Milner ( 27 mill ( 20 mill +Ireland ), Downing 20 mill and Ash 17 mill.

In all fairness it really doesn't matter now how good we think Mon was or wasn't. What matters now is Paul Lambert. What I will say about O'Neill is that I enjoyed much of his time here - season on season progression, challenging for top 4 for a couple of seasons, a couple of trips to Wembley, scoring a shit load of goals in 07/08, regularly holding our own against the best teams and taking a few big scalps and more often than not winning our local derbies. The football at times was very good at other times poor but in the main it was effective.

I hope Lambert can match Mons achievements in terms of top 6 finishes etc and I am very confident with decent backing he can. If we can also play better football than we did under O'Neill along the way then that will be a nice bonus.

While finishing 6th three times in a row was decent, he could never get any higher than that despite one season being well clear in 4th. Unfortunately he was just too limited.

Why does this bother you so much?

What you said above doesn't actually bother me that much.

It's the other rubbish you've posted on this thread.

[What I will say is that MON left behind a poor squad for the money spent.

The squad worked for him and he managed to get the best out of them which at the time was all that mattered. In terms of him wasting money that is a fair argument I guess but it should perhaps be remembered he had a net spend of approx 80 mill and since he left we have sold three of the players he signed for 64 mill - Milner ( 27 mill ( 20 mill +Ireland ), Downing 20 mill and Ash 17 mill.

In all fairness it really doesn't matter now how good we think Mon was or wasn't. What matters now is Paul Lambert. What I will say about O'Neill is that I enjoyed much of his time here - season on season progression, challenging for top 4 for a couple of seasons, a couple of trips to Wembley, scoring a shit load of goals in 07/08, regularly holding our own against the best teams and taking a few big scalps and more often than not winning our local derbies. The football at times was very good at other times poor but in the main it was effective.

I hope Lambert can match Mons achievements in terms of top 6 finishes etc and I am very confident with decent backing he can. If we can also play better football than we did under O'Neill along the way then that will be a nice bonus.

If Lambert gets the kind of backing MON did then I expect him to do a far better job. Even if he doesn't, I'm confident we'll be playing better football.

It's the other rubbish you've posted on this thread.
Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's rubbish.

Why do people get so tetchy over O'Neill?

I Loved MON and thought he did great for us, dont blame him for leaving. Accept others think very differently, and some in between. Thats it isn't it ? 'Nuff said.

As for Lambert I - and pretty much the whole ground on Saturday - once again feel excited, passionate, proud, and optimistic. Can't speak higher of him than that, I - and many others - had practically given up.

He looks like he has bought well, like he knows where he's going, that he realises the need to entertain (and the benefits in the modern game that go with attacking football). He seems to have got everyone wanting to play for him, he is tactically astute (seen that at Norwich).

Most importantly now when I am wondering whether to go short on essentials to pay for a day at the Villa I think Yes, rather than, sadly No.

Regardless of the opposition Saturday was back to being a great day out at my beloved Club and I and many more are very sure he will give us more like that.

Best of all I think he wants to 'do a Dortmund' with us and this wont all vanish overnight in half a season or two.

I don't agree with it and it is rubbish.

I doubt die hard norwich fans would have the nerve to claim what you have.

The nerve? You make it sound like I'm insulting somebody.

I don't agree with it and it is rubbish.

I doubt die hard norwich fans would have the nerve to claim what you have.

The nerve? You make it sound like I'm insulting somebody.

Not insulting. You've chose to take it that way.

By nerve I meant making such a ridiculous claim.

because he divides opinion and because none of us are aware of the facts of the matter of his time here and subsequent departure that it means people on both sides of the opinion tend to either make things up or believe things they feel support their opinion.

It is not just those who support our former manager that get tetchy over him, those that do not support him get equally, and in some cases more, tetchy over him