Paul Lambert

Pilchard

To even begin to compare Lamberts tenure at Villa with MON's is lunacy. I still get pissed when I think about him leaving us, he got us places we only wish to be playing right now. I appreciate that and hope PL can do the same. But right now, different ball parks, ****, different sport all together.

To even begin to compare Lamberts tenure at Villa with MON's is lunacy. I still get pissed when I think about him leaving us, he got us places we only wish to be playing right now. I appreciate that and hope PL can do the same. But right now, different ball parks, ****, different sport all together.
I get pissed when I think about the way he walked out on us, but I'm very glad he's gone now and we've (eventually) got someone like Lambert in.

They were good, but for the money spent, was it good enough ?
Yes. As has been discussed many times, our performance was just about spot on for what Lerner could afford. It's disappointing he didn't do better but seeing what the clown who followed him did with virtually the same squad, it wasn't so bad.

Can we PLEASE now stop talking about Martin O' Neill in every sodding thread? There is a thread in "Other Football" where people can discuss our manager of 3 years ago.

Lambert is awesome no matter what MON is or isn't.

And that's all that matters :D

He's had a good promising start and it's good to see everyone getting behind him and the team - we'll know if he's awesome by christmas time or so, I would imagine.

How is a highest place finish of 6th and no trophies good enough for the money he spent?
6th highest spend - 6th place 3 times, League Cup Final + FA Cup semi. Simples. We've been over this many times! Why not drop it? As a matter of interest, how did the manager who followed him do with virtually the same squad.

How is a highest place finish of 6th and no trophies good enough for the money he spent?
6th highest spend - 6th place 3 times, League Cup Final + FA Cup semi. Simples. We've been over this many times! Why not drop it? As a matter of interest, how did the manager who followed him do with virtually the same squad.
Even DOL got us sixth once, and the League Cup final and FA Cup semi mean nothing when you remember that we didn't actually win either of them.

Not very well, but then I don't remember anyone claiming otherwise. What I will say is that MON left behind a poor squad for the money spent.