Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Entitled to your opinion - I don't think he did "round on the players" but that semantics and my opinion - I think it was more out of frustration. He was stubborn and has taken too long to realise he mistake. I expect him to make errors of judgement. I was critical of Houllier and of Mcleish and it would be very easy to jump on the Lambert out bandwagon too but I just feel that no manager can do the faultless job that would be required - too fed up to argue any more

He blamed the players 'VillaCas' rather than the system!

Lambert's signings to date:

Outstanding: Benteke

Good: Guzan, Lowton, Westwood

Average: Vlaar, KEA

Poor: Bennett

Unknown: Bowery

So a mixed record so far but more good than bad and no O'Neill style long term bankruptcy howlers. The guy's clearly working on a shoestring, especially in terms of wages. Let's hope these two lads - especially Sylla - can come in and surprise us like Benteke, Westwood and Lowton have.

• Like 1

From what he has signed i can only take that as Lambert thinks we're defensively sound.

or that the problem is that teams cut through our midfield far too easily. sylla could potentially fix that, while dawkins might be coming in so that we can go back to 4-4-2 and actually play wingers. maybe he's brought him in so that we can make use of bent again

Why are you still here Paul and putting up with this shit, you could do so much better than be let down by ths clown of an owner

He's at least 50% responsible for the shit we're in, and his career is going down the toilet as quickly as our Premier League status.  How I'll laugh when he's managing somebody like Rochdale, how I'll stop laughing when we're playing them in League 1 thanks to that mumbling clown.  What an utterly, utterly shit manager he is.

• Like 1

Why are you still here Paul and putting up with this shit, you could do so much better than be let down by ths clown of an owner

Lambert is equally to blame for our demise. He is rubbish tactically which has been proven time and time again. Are you his brother or something?

• Like 2

How is lambert equally to blame? Has he been here three years ? Because that is how long we have been shit and how long this has been coming. Check out the club in that time and tell me was he on the payroll?

Yes he has made mistakes and yes he may be too stubborn at times, but he is not anywhere near 50% responsible for the shit mess that is aston villa

• Like 1

Richard met the guy once so he's very keen on him. 

Year ive met Gabby but dont mean I would put him forward for Barca. These players need to work, it wont be Lerner getting the grief, it will be Lambert. Cant help thinking this is Lamberts stubborness signing these players telling Lerner we dont need big money for over rated players.

I do think P3te is right though regarding the signings. I would expect this young lad sylla to add more strength to the centre in a 442 which I think Lambert has to switch to now. If he plays 532/352 again and we get shafted like Tuesday night I think the fans will turn instantly. I just wouldn't expect too much too soon from sylla, and if he comes in and lights up the place all the better. I think he is one for the future personally but you never know. Either way the signings are not a statement of intent that the Villa board or management are willing to pull out all the stops to increase the chances of staying in the prem.

How is lambert equally to blame? Has he been here three years ? Because that is how long we have been shit and how long this has been coming. Check out the club in that time and tell me was he on the payroll?

Yes he has made mistakes and yes he may be too stubborn at times, but he is not anywhere near 50% responsible for the shit mess that is aston villa

Bradford, his fault. Newcastle, his fault. Chelsea, his fault. Need I go on? When QPR beat them at SB, did they have a better team than us? Not 9 goals different.

Cause this word removed of an owner is killing his career

You crackers. Don't you think Lambert has done enough this season to damage his own career or is Randy also picking the team and tactics? Not many manager's have had approximately 25m to spend this season. It's ok to chant on about the owner should keep throwing money at the manager to sort this and that but Lambert IMO has still had more than enough money to keep Villa up and our current position is very much of his doing . Randy is proving to be a useless rocket polisher especially at hiring but you people still hugging Lambert like nothing's his fault make me laugh. He might turn out to be a fantastic manager in a few years but right now he's proving no more useful than a chocolate fireguard. 

• Like 1