Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Its a tough call - 2 simple things that could be done:-

1.If bannan is putting in rubbish corners - FFS give someone else a ago (this happens in my sons sundlay league team !!)

2.Bentekke is a liability when defending corners - just leave him outside the box - to pick up any second balls

As for Lambert - he seems to have got his big calls wrong, Dropping Bent, - Isolating Hutton & Warnock - relying on one senior CB. Got to say though I don't see anyone out there who at this dire stage could come in and make us better. Its not a case of good players playing poorly - we just don't have the quality - thats comes back to lamberts recruitment policy. But I don't see anyone coming in and sorting this - we just have hope that Lamberts boys come good - Odds against IMO - but that I beleive is our best shot.

At the moment, it's a case of getting someone in just to turn it around. Of the names mentioned, I think Gregory would do it. Its gonna take someone with no nonsense, man managment skills to do this, Gregory would be back in his element if he were appointed. I dont care how long he's been out of management; football aint rocket science.

Lambert is just a part of the reason we find ourselves where we are but there are a number of things he is glaringly responsible for.

The defence is an absolute joke. We play with more attacking intent under Lambert but can't get the basics of defending right. Simple truth is that Clark, Bennett, Baker are out of their depth at Prem level and Lowton although started off brightly has gone down the shit pan and his confidence looks shot which is not surprising given the beatings we have taken. At times to me the lad looks like he is running in treacle. In fact the whole of our back line looks really slow. Vlaar has looked OK nothing more. However the fact we do not have a clue how to defend set pieces really is basic organisation and the manger has to take responsibility for that. Every game we make the same errors.

Lambert has to take responsibility for not using the 20 odd mill he spent to buy a midlfield enforcer. Someone who can put themselves about a bit. He also knowingly went into the season with one fit senior centre half and failed to sign a couple of natural leaders. He signed young inexpereinced players who seem to crack at the first sign of adversity. Is Vlaar a leader? I am not so sure.

I am now genuinely not fussed if Lambert gets the sack or not. Unless we are going to have about 20 mill to spend in the next week and are prepared to splash out on big wages to bring in the 2 or 3 players we desperately need then whoever is manager is not going to keep this shower of shite up.

Edited by markavfc40

At the moment, it's a case of getting someone in just to turn it around. Of the names mentioned, I think Gregory would do it. Its gonna take someone with no nonsense, man managment skills to do this, Gregory would be back in his element if he were appointed. I dont care how long he's been out of management; football aint rocket science.

At least he absolutely loves the club but he haven't been anykind of success in anywhere else.

Either way, Lambert has to go. He's lost the dressing room.

Whaha, the bloke in tesco told you?

What don't people get? It's not that players don't want to play for the manager, (excluding Bent) its the fact that our players just aren't very good. Lambert joined us with a woefully unbalanced squad and with little money to spend it will take more than 6 months to sort out.

A **** miracle worker couldn't have sorted us out in summer.

I'm not saying by a long shot that Lambert is blame free, my main worry now is that Lambert is starting to compromise his own beliefs.

He knows oh to well what both Bent and Weimann offer, hand on heart Bent is pointless without service while Weimann's tenacity and hard work will create something. So the substitutions were baffling last night.

Saying that, lambert deserves a season at least. Big F'eck got that.

Too bad our club is run by rocket polishers

I think the strangest comment last night from Lambert was that "we were trying to play long balls, and we don't have the players to play long balls."

We've been playing long balls all season so far, does this mean he actually doesn't tell them to do that. If so...

whatttttt the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Really down to the owner now.

Give your manager the financial backing he craves in what's left of the transfer window or stop hiding behind him and get another manager in who you have enough faith to invest in.

• Like 1

I think the strangest comment last night from Lambert was that "we were trying to play long balls, and we don't have the players to play long balls."

We've been playing long balls all season so far, does this mean he actually doesn't tell them to do that. If so...

whatttttt the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I think it's obvious that he doesn't tell the players to do that.

He is trying (emphasis on trying) to make us more of a passing team.

The problem is we dont' have the quality, or the composure that comes with experience, to do it consistently or convincingly. A group of youngsters coupled with a target like Benteke means they'll resort to long balls without a better option.

I certainly don't think Lambert sends them out to play long ball football.

Really down to the owner now.

Give your manager the financial backing he craves in what's left of the transfer window or stop hiding behind him and get another manager in who you have enough faith to invest in.

Feelings are running so high that you've now become the voice of reason lol

I absolutely agree with you - it's either back him or sack him

Lambert has rightly taken responsibility for last night's miserable performance but if we are going to do something we need options and the squad we have at the moment doesn't provide that - 3 or 4 new faces required

People talking about "losing the dressing room" are well wide of the mark - the effort was clear to see, it is the quality we are lacking

Whaha, the bloke in tesco told you?

What don't people get? It's not that players don't want to play for the manager, (excluding Bent) its the fact that our players just aren't very good. Lambert joined us with a woefully unbalanced squad and with little money to spend it will take more than 6 months to sort out.

A **** miracle worker couldn't have sorted us out in summer.

I'm not saying by a long shot that Lambert is blame free, my main worry now is that Lambert is starting to compromise his own beliefs.

He knows oh to well what both Bent and Weimann offer, hand on heart Bent is pointless without service while Weimann's tenacity and hard work will create something. So the substitutions were baffling last night.

Saying that, lambert deserves a season at least. Big F'eck got that.

Much to agree with there VGM, very sensible post IMO

We needed two goals or we were out for sure, so he threw on all of our strikers. The way we were starting to play before he did that, I really don't blame him at all for his decision, we went for it and got one back but it was just too late. You can argue that without 'proper service' they wouldn't be able to score but in all honesty we had nobody on the bench to provide that service and Bannan and Delph weren't doing anything productive.

Personally I'd stick with him. The problems run a hell of a lot deeper than Lambert and have done for a long time. Shipping out another manager to bring in the next eventual scapegoat solves nothing. As for his signings he had two options, spread the cash and plug as many of the gaps as possible or blow it all on a couple of players. Neither option was going to solve our problems.

You can see glimpses of what he's trying to do but I'll admit I expected more from him at this stage.

Tonight however is inevitably going to be a turning point for a lot of people and I don't see how he survives it.

Damn, saved me a lot of time typing this out.

He came here, he looked a solid character, he seemed to have a lot of talent and some of that arrogance only the great ones have.

Now 6 months later he looks lost and it really just seems that the players don't respect him. When Lambert played he was a mediocre grifter in midfield, he doesn't really know how to relate to today's players and he probably tries to run the show like the managers in the 80's did. In the start, he was vocal and clear with the press. Now, he is hiding away and I seriously cannot hear what he is saying at times, imagine Benteke and El Ahmadi trying to figure out what the hell he is talking about.

When the players lose the respect for the manager, the latter is often out of a job in a short period of time. I don't know what to hope for anymore, because if we fire Lambert I have no special preference for his replacement. Di Matteo would always command that natural respect from everyone since he was a great player and he just won the CL for Chelsea, but he did not do a good job at WBA and everyone can win with Chelsea. A bit of the same with Pep Guardiola really, everyone can win the league with that team so how good is he really?

I hear people blaming Randy Lerner for everything. I think that is very ignorant. Lerner hires managers and give them money for transfers, that's about it. Has he backed every manager? Yes, the money we have spent since he came here is pretty high. Everyone makes mistakes, like McLeish (even though I feel that was a plot to lower expectations :o), but when Lambert was hired basically everyone on here were happy. He was given a sum of money and nobody on here knows if that was the limit. Benteke has been very good, the rest have been pretty poor. I would say Ron Vlaar was also a very decent signing. He also made a decision to play rookies instead of Bent and N'Zogbia, and we all know how that has panned out.

IMO a manager needs to earn the trust of the chairman, and in no way has Lambert done that thus far. He was given 20M which he spent on a lot of players, much more money than most teams outside the top 6, and most of his signings have flopped. Lerner sees that Lambert cannot handle the team he inherited, his signings have been poor - why would he be able to handle a better team? A good manager would do better with this team, so maybe Lambert just isn't a very good manager.

it really just seems that the players don't respect him.

When Lambert played he was a mediocre grifter in midfield,

Based on what - they all gave 100% for me last night but lacked any quality

Not often a medicre grifter wins a CL medal is it

Some criticisms are justified but these are just garbage