Paul Lambert

Pilchard

and me.

Lambert as the manager is the easy target, the wrong one but the easy one.

We are in this state not just because of this season but because of lerner's ineptness. Sure there have been mistakes and criticisms that are justified of the manager, like all managers. The difference is other managers have the time and space to make those mistakes, with lambert because of the state of the club every decision has to be spot on, he can afford no mistakes. Well no manager is that good to make no mistakes.

I still believe he is the best manager we could get. What he needs is support and backing , just the thing he isn't getting.

How much backing does he need to beat a League 2 team over 180 minutes.

and me.

We are in this state not just because of this season but because of lerner's ineptness. Sure there have been mistakes and criticisms that are justified of the manager, like all managers. The difference is other managers have the time and space to make those mistakes, with lambert because of the state of the club every decision has to be spot on, he can afford no mistakes. Well no manager is that good to make no mistakes.

I still believe he is the best manager we could get. What he needs is support and backing , just the thing he isn't getting.

When Lambert took over I expected us to be flirting with the bottom 3 in Jan before picking up in the second half of the season, and a cup run would be a bonus. I know it's easy to feel utterly depressed at the moment but I really think it will only take a couple of players to make us safe assuming we are lucky with injuries. If Lerner wants to keep Lambert then he has to give him some backing, not a massive amount but he has to stick by his man and the best way to do that is to get a couple of heads in sharpish. If Randy can't do that then Lambert is on a hiding to nothing, I can't believe he would have taken the job on in the first place if that was what was offered.

When Lambert took over I expected us to be flirting with the bottom 3 in Jan before picking up in the second half of the season, and a cup run would be a bonus. I know it's easy to feel utterly depressed at the moment but I really think it will only take a couple of players to make us safe assuming we are lucky with injuries. If Lerner wants to keep Lambert then he has to give him some backing, not a massive amount but he has to stick by his man and the best way to do that is to get a couple of heads in sharpish. If Randy can't do that then Lambert is on a hiding to nothing, I can't believe he would have taken the job on in the first place if that was what was offered.

absolutely 100% agree, there aren't many of us left!

Did you expect us to lose 3-0 at home to Wigan? Concede 12 in 2 games against Spurs and Chelsea and generally look tactically clueless in 95% of games. I certainly didn't. I expected defeats but I also expected us to pick up a few more wins. We're not even scoring many goals but our defence is awful. Lerner will use the excuse that Lambert might not be the right man to not bother backing him.

Replacing randy would not make lambert a good manager in the same way that replacing lambert would not make lerner a good owner. Both are very poor and need replacing sooner rather than later. It seems that some will not admit they were wrong about lambert.

I am happy to admit i wanted the bloke as our manager i was so wrong. I liked lerner but now feel he cannot run this club in the way it deserves and needs. Changing one of the two parts wont make it better BOTH need to go and go asap

Having seen the interview on sky there can only be 1 conclusion about the lack of transfers, when asked PL had to take time to think of an answer and said RL knew the situation and what he needs.

I am really starting to get pissed off with RL now, what the hell is he playing at, spend £30 million now and Gain £60 million in the summer, no bloody brainer the thick git, how much money does he think we will loose by getting relegated, how long to get promoted back, it defies belief.

I dont want PL gone until the summer if he fails, I want him backed and given the tools to do the job, I know he spent £20 million in the summer but we all knew including him we needed more, he tried to manage but it is not working, he needs support from the owner to bring in a couple of players who can make a difference.

That is just wrong. Lambert's tactics yesterday were shocking. Truly shocking. He has to take full blame for that. It was not the first time either. He's been a bit of a disaster so far, and it doesn't look like it's improving either.

I actually think Lambert would have taken Norwich down this season too.

I agree! If a club wants to get out of the lower leagues then Lamberts your man. That's his forte, that's were he is experienced and where his policy of keen, young 'n hungry works and works well. With just one season of prem experience where survival was won with the momentum of Norwich's rocket rise continuing cracks were starting to show. Comments by players seemed to indicate they didn't hold him in such high regard as the fans did. There was concern in some Norwich circles of what the 2nd season would hold.

It's taking time but Hughton is sorting Norwich out, starting from the back by sorting out the shambles that was Norwich's defence. There's hardly a defender now who played under Lambert

Villa fans were swayed by Norwich's meteoric rise from league 1 under Lambert. But that success was NOT just down to Lambert.

Norwich were the right club and Lambert the right man coming together AT THE RIGHT TIME but he is not YET an experienced prem manager and it's showing. At the end of the day it's worked out better for Norwich than it has for Villa.

I'm puzzled why Villa t6ook McLeish when they could've gone for Hughton? - you'd be top 6 by now!!!

PL has never not took responsibility, but as he says they work in training every day on defending set pieces, here I think is the problem, if he gets our forwards etc to be the attackers in training then no wonder they do not learn as not only are we shit at defending them we are shit having set pieces as well.

Jesus, I can not believe people are defending him still.

I said it before and I will say it again - IF this had happened under Mcleish, especially the last month, there would have been a mutiny. He'd have had so much personal abuse and everyone would have wanted him sacked.

But, when it's actually a lot worse under Lambert, we get the 'He hasn't been backed or had enough time' rubbish. With backing and time, Lambert will take this club into The Championship.

He's been backed - to the tune of just over £20 million. Instead of addressing the problems we clearly have in Defence & Midfield, he decides to buy these 'young, hungry players' he has a bit of an obsession with. They have contributed to us conceding the most goals and scoring the fewest in the League. So evidence clearly shows he HAS made the team worse with his signings.

Mcleish had a lot more to contend with. No support from fans, losing Young & Downing, senior players acting like children. He got less money to spend yet NO performance last season was anywhere near as bad as what I have seen the last month under Lambert.

He is not the manager a lot believed him to be. I was positive when we got him, seemed to talk a good game but it's clearly not working in any manner, shape or form.

For the good of the club - and I'm talking about right this minute, not 2,3 or 4 years down the line - he needs to leave and let someone bring in fresh ideas and a new approach to at least try and keep us in the League.

If his name was Gary Megson, Phil Brown, Les Reed or someone then the vitriol towards him based on his "performance" to date would be 1000 times worse.

The fact that he is Paul Lambert means he is getting an easy ride. I'm struggling to think how we could have been any worse this season or how any manager could possibly have done a worse job. Let me repeat that...

I'm struggling to think how we could have been any worse this season or how any manager could possibly have done a worse job.

What he did for Norwich means absolutely nothing. In 6 months, there hasnt been an iota of improvement. People who say he needs more time, what are they basing this on? There has been nothing to indicate any kind of benefit to keeping him around.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm done. And I know in my head that we can't invest, that the root of the problems lie elsewhere and that the managerial merry-go-round needs to stop, but in my heart I'm done. I couldn't even say who I think we should bring in, I just don't know anymore, but I'm done with Lambert. If that makes me myopic, so be it. Hell, I'd even have Curbishley at this rate.