Paul Lambert

Pilchard

A couple of tweets from Pete Colley and James Nursey saying that there is no desire to sack Lambert at the club and that he is safe despite what bookies odds are suggesting.

The club is an absolute joke

I am all ears ? - my knowledge of foreign managers is limited - but fire away

Leonardo Jardim, just for the laughs. Gets SC Beira-Mar promoted, then goes to Braga, gets third in his first season, has a punch-up with the club president then leaves. Goes to Olympiakos, is running away with the league then knobs the club president's missus and gets the boot.

Leonardo Jardim, just for the laughs. Gets SC Beira-Mar promoted, then goes to Braga, gets third in his first season, has a punch-up with the club president then leaves. Goes to Olympiakos, is running away with the league then knobs the club president's missus and gets the boot.

Let's get him in to replace Lambert. Lerner is divorced so there's no worry there and I'm sure Faulkner is a chutney ferret so Jardim is unlikely to find anything of interest in that household.

Many have defended Lambert and some even felt we would be a mid table team when he was appointed. I have tried to see the positives and defend him where possible but after witnessing that shambles yesterday he has to go. There may be a very slight chance of survival if Lerner acts now.

A new manager could maybe even bring back some of the banished players and get Bent back in the team. Say what you want about Warnock and Hutton but there is no way they would have got bullied by a League 2 team at home! No way at all. Hutton would have took out their striker from the off and let him know he was in a game. Our defenders were tamed by low tier players because they are at the same level as them!

Wasn't that an episode of Dream Team?

• Like 1

Paul Faulkner has to go IMO. 34 year old man acting as our Chief Executive and has no plan. He has been at the helm for 3 of the worst years as a Villa fan. One mess after another. Be under no illusions, he is the boy who is in charge and filling RL with crap.

Well I'm having a crap day at work even shrewsbury fans are ripping the pi55!! But apart from that everyone agrees that the 2nd half performance was a joke and Lambert is 100% responsible for that shower of shore that got served up, if he ain't going anywhere and Lerner aint giving him funds we are going down and can't see how we will get back up!

You can point to Lerners lack of financial control and odd managerial appointments etc etc but that is possibly a longer term problem. But the simple fact is that with the tools Lambert has he is doing a poor job. His tactics, at times, are as bad as it gets, his subs are often poor, he persists with certain players who just arent up to the job alienating several others. Our defence cant even be called a defence and he has somehow managed to make Norwichs defence last year look respectable.

Yes more money will help but thats only because we would have better players, but Lambert will still be Lambert.

When he took over I was almost optimistic but mainly thought at least we wont be as bad as last year but unbelievably we are and we are worse in almost every aspect and that is only Lamberts fault.

Theres no point sticking with a manager just because we have had a high turnover of managers and need stability. Anyone that did take over would be hard pushed to do worse, thats how bad it is. Apart from a couple of signings I dont really see any good Lambert has done and with that I dont see how anyone can defend him.

Frustrated & disappointed.

Edited by Houlston

"It is believed Lambert would still stay in charge even if Villa drop down to the Championship with Lerner believing he would be the right man to take them back up after his double promotion exploits at Norwich"

From the independent

So the defence seems to be there's no one else.

And everything will be good in the future based on nothing but hope.

Shows what a shit job he's doing when that's the core of his biggest fans defence of him.

The ironic thing is there are 2 experienced defenders on the payroll doing nothing! Bennett is probably the worst left back I've ever seen at Villa and Lowton is just an ok young player but is way to light weight. Clark should never have to play every single game as a main centre half let alone even captain the team on occasion. It really is a shambles.

Lambert has shot himself in the foot big time. I can honestly see us being relegated before the season has even ended.

I don't want to see Lambert fired personally. It may be a strange stance, but I'm fully aware that we're probably down with him in charge, I just feel that given time, he'll build a team full of exciting young players.

That said, I gave up my season ticket this year, so I'm not as bothered by the rubbish that's served up as those who do attend the games. Losing to Bradford et all is a bit easier to stomach when you can just turn the tv off at the end of it and watch something else.

• Like 1

"It is believed Lambert would still stay in charge even if Villa drop down to the Championship with Lerner believing he would be the right man to take them back up after his double promotion exploits at Norwich"

From the independent

Lets face it. We can rant and rave as much as want there is no way Lerner is getting rid of him and paying further compensation.

I don't want to see Lambert fired personally. It may be a strange stance, but I'm fully aware that we're probably down with him in charge, I just feel that given time, he'll build a team full of exciting young players.

That said, I gave up my season ticket this year, so I'm not as bothered by the rubbish that's served up as those who do attend the games. Losing to Bradford et all is a bit easier to stomach when you can just turn the tv off at the end of it and watch something else.

I'm the same. Stopped going when we appointed Mcleish. Have turned the tv/PC off early on more than one occasion. I admire fans that continue to show such solid support but I also feel sorry for you. Would not be suprised to see attendances drop to records lows in the coming months.

Agree with this all over. I too gave up my season ticket this year and haven't attended a single game. I won't blab too much though otherwise I might get told I'm not allowed to have an opinion.